Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

onceahardman

Apr 23, 2008, 2:53 AM
Post #26 of 38 (1343 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] Do rock climbers like girls? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
angry wrote:
[image]http://www.skinternational.org/full-images/663016.jpg[/image]

Problem Solved

We are talking about a different problem area. Can't make a comment about the need for extra padding in the front, as it is not visible in the picture. We are discussing the backside here.

Whole new meaning to the term "shuttlecock"...heh heh!

jackalak

Apr 23, 2008, 3:53 AM
Post #27 of 38 (1314 views)
Shortcut

Re: [onceahardman] Do rock climbers like girls? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Yes, I like girls...but only ones that climb

chopperjohn

Apr 23, 2008, 10:04 PM
Post #28 of 38 (1258 views)
Shortcut

Re: [knieveltech] Do rock climbers like girls? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Im climber scum the vulgar loud type, Climber chicks are to clean for me. I prefer there sisters or mothers. Do you have a sister?Wink

Badonkabooty

Apr 23, 2008, 10:54 PM
Post #29 of 38 (1236 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

knieveltech wrote:
Considering how frequently climbers make lifestyle choices that severely stack the deck against any kind of serious relationship (and in some extreme cases virtually guarantee no liaisons with members of the opposite sex), it seems like a fair question. Discuss.

I don't think it has anything to do with rock climbing honestly. If it wasn't climbing it'd be skateboarding or tennis or whatever the fuck. What I'm getting at is what is commonly known in my clan as the "Peter Pan Complex" (Remember how Peter never wanted to grow up or take any responsibilities?). Guys already tend to be more immature than women but some bring it to whole new levels and pretty much run in the opposite direction if any hint of something adult like comes into the scene and interrupts their play time (i.e. climbing, tennis...) or having the freedom to do exactly what is on their little minds at that moment (this comment doesn't apply to all men. Obviously some of you were capable of manning up and getting into a steady relationship which takes more brain power than the average male).

Shit you've got enough super immature male responses to this forum alone need I say more?

OR Maybe the guy's just gay or a manwhore.

(This post was edited by Badonkabooty on Apr 23, 2008, 11:05 PM)

a.frosch

Apr 23, 2008, 11:48 PM
Post #30 of 38 (1204 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Badonkabooty] Do rock climbers like girls? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Badonkabooty wrote:
knieveltech wrote:
Considering how frequently climbers make lifestyle choices that severely stack the deck against any kind of serious relationship (and in some extreme cases virtually guarantee no liaisons with members of the opposite sex), it seems like a fair question. Discuss.

I don't think it has anything to do with rock climbing honestly. If it wasn't climbing it'd be skateboarding or tennis or whatever the fuck. What I'm getting at is what is commonly known in my clan as the "Peter Pan Complex" (Remember how Peter never wanted to grow up or take any responsibilities?). Guys already tend to be more immature than women but some bring it to whole new levels and pretty much run in the opposite direction if any hint of something adult like comes into the scene and interrupts their play time (i.e. climbing, tennis...) or having the freedom to do exactly what is on their little minds at that moment (this comment doesn't apply to all men. Obviously some of you were capable of manning up and getting into a steady relationship which takes more brain power than the average male).

Shit you've got enough super immature male responses to this forum alone need I say more?

OR Maybe the guy's just gay or a manwhore.

No.

Partner oldsalt

Apr 24, 2008, 1:19 AM
Post #31 of 38 (1173 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Badonkabooty] Do rock climbers like girls? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Badonkabooty wrote:

You have the facts straight, but you serve them with too much estrogen. We who refuse to grow up are not a problem to be bitched at, chill out. I went from surfing to skateboarding at Kona Park, added running and then it all caught up with me in the form of arthritis.

I started climbing in order to stay in shape, but it became as big a passion as surfing was when I chose the University of Hawaii due to its proximity to the North Shore. I am a director for one of the largest school districts in the country. I am the father of five outstanding, now grown, kids. I spent 20 hours a week with them as their baseball/softball coach, while surfing or skating whenever possible.

You can be the kind of man a wife appreciates and still refuse to grow up. My wife and I are best friends as well as all of the other aspects of a marriage in its 38th year.

An unexpected benefit of all this:

I had my right hip replaced on March 31 and walked a mile on my third day home. Now, 23 days after surgery, I walk without a limp and I will be back at the climbing gym next week.

If I start to act my age (58), it will have a negative impact on my health, my attitude, my relationships, and my entire life.

fresh

Apr 25, 2008, 5:42 PM
Post #32 of 38 (982 views)
Shortcut

Re: [oldsalt] Do rock climbers like girls? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I climb with my gf a lot, and I find it pretty hard. when I climb with my friends it's easy to hang out at the same time because we're on the same page. but she doesn't really have the same drive to climb. which is cool, she has her own things. but it's kinda hard to climb with someone who isn't completely gung ho.

the climber's lifestyle is averse to attachments, personal or otherwise. climbing is one of the most selfish pursuits, and in order to be in a healthy, serious relationship, one has to be selfless.

I dunno. I'm still figuring it out.

Partner oldsalt

Apr 25, 2008, 8:38 PM
Post #33 of 38 (946 views)
Shortcut

Re: [fresh] Do rock climbers like girls? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

fresh wrote:
...the climber's lifestyle is averse to attachments, personal or otherwise. climbing is one of the most selfish pursuits, and in order to be in a healthy, serious relationship, one has to be selfless.

I dunno. I'm still figuring it out.

I think you are partially, but not totally correct.

My wife will fly to the top of Everest, on her own waving arms, before she will climb with me. I climb at the gym three or four times a week and travel every month to climb outdoors. My climbing time is selfish, but she has interests of her own. I spend the weekends that I don't travel working on projects with her.

As I said above, we raised our five kids together. I coached ball teams, she was team mom. We both served on the board of our local athletic association, and we both earned degrees while covering for each other with the kids.

For you, until there is a wife and not a gf, climb your heart out. If you commit to a relationship when you are ready for one, the climbing becomes a lower priority for a time. Key here: If you have trouble easing off the climbing in order to commit, you probably haven't found the right person. If only everyone could have such a touchstone!

(This post was edited by oldsalt on Apr 25, 2008, 8:43 PM)

mattltambor

Apr 25, 2008, 8:46 PM
Post #34 of 38 (942 views)
Shortcut

Re: [oldsalt] Do rock climbers like girls? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Great reply, oldsalt.

dumbsocrates

Apr 25, 2008, 11:36 PM
Post #35 of 38 (899 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Do rock climbers like girls?

Although I'm not exactly qualified to speak on behalf of "rock climbers" (apparently only male rock climbers), but having acquired my wisdom at the forum, "Do girls like rock climbers?," I will venture to say (and probably be at least partially right), YES, but only if they have large racks and wear beanie hats.

sev

Apr 26, 2008, 12:36 AM
Post #36 of 38 (879 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dumbsocrates] Do rock climbers like girls? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

You are partially correct. Large racks and beanie hats are mutually exclusive. It's either one or the other, and it is important to emphasize the dichotomy in order to minimize any confusion.

uhoh

Apr 27, 2008, 4:10 PM
Post #37 of 38 (823 views)
Shortcut

Re: [notapplicable] Do rock climbers like girls? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
[image]http://www.rockclimbing.com/images/photos/assets/9/374779-largest_lycra.jpg[/image]

In light of these pants, magic eight ball says - "Odds are not good"

DO NOT WANT

GunksMonkey

Apr 27, 2008, 9:50 PM
Post #38 of 38 (803 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

A girl took my climbing partner away Frown

Now if I can find a girl to be my climbing partner that would just be awesome

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : Beginners

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook