Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Rocktoberfest - Camping & Etc. ???
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

alpineclimb

Sep 17, 2008, 5:23 PM
Post #1 of 4 (1450 views)
Shortcut

Rocktoberfest - Camping & Etc. ???  (North_America: United_States: Kentucky: East: Red_River_Gorge__Climbing_)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Myself and two friends will be down in the Red from New England for that weekend of Oct 9th-13th and are looking for a place to stay. If you register with Rocktoberfest they will provide you with camping for Friday and Saturday nights but we also need Thursday and Sunday nights. I we just wanted to stay at Miguel's do we need to call ahead for reservations or just show up. We're not getting into Lexington until 7:30pm Thursday night. Can we get into the films on Friday and Saturday nights without paying to camp there?

va

Sep 17, 2008, 5:41 PM
Post #2 of 4 (1440 views)
Shortcut

Re: [alpineclimb] Rocktoberfest - Camping & Etc. ??? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Miguel's is a first come first serve camping.
Welcome to the Red, enjoy!

granite_grrl

Sep 17, 2008, 5:52 PM
Post #3 of 4 (1426 views)
Shortcut

Re: [alpineclimb] Rocktoberfest - Camping & Etc. ??? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

alpineclimb wrote:
Myself and two friends will be down in the Red from New England for that weekend of Oct 9th-13th and are looking for a place to stay. If you register with Rocktoberfest they will provide you with camping for Friday and Saturday nights but we also need Thursday and Sunday nights. I we just wanted to stay at Miguel's do we need to call ahead for reservations or just show up. We're not getting into Lexington until 7:30pm Thursday night. Can we get into the films on Friday and Saturday nights without paying to camp there?

Just show up to Miguels and set up camp. If you arrive late please be polite and try to be as quiet and fast as possible when setting up. The party area is only about 1-2 km (less than a mile) from there, so its either a quick drive, or if you're drinking it's a fairly short, little bit scary in the dark walk back to Miguels. I'm going to be down in the Red for about 2 weeks around then and we're going going to pick up camp for only two nights.

I think the fee is more for the films (and the party...and the venders...and the supper is you're so inclined) and less for the camping, so open up your wallets. Plus the money is going to a really good cause (the PMRP is an amazing place to climb), so why would you want to skimp out?

crankmas

Sep 17, 2008, 6:13 PM
Post #4 of 4 (1419 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] Rocktoberfest - Camping & Etc. ??? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
plan on Miguel's the 9th and the 12th, friday and saturday you should stay at party central which is included with the price of admission... though you could stay all 4 nights at Miguel's it only makes $ to take advantage of the camping provided and being that much closer to the scene, ie. bands, vendors yadda yadda-

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook