RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Slacklining

Premier Sponsor:

irene440

Sep 29, 2008, 4:17 AM
Post #1 of 2 (2516 views)
Shortcut

help!
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I just got a nice shiny new slackline. I was set up with some gear, so i have 50 feet of webbing, 3 carabiners, 2 rap rings, and 2 loops of 1' webbing.I don't know how to set it up with the gear I have.

(This post was edited by irene440 on Sep 29, 2008, 4:23 AM)

Partner slacklinejoe

Sep 30, 2008, 9:02 PM
Post #2 of 2 (2383 views)
Shortcut

Re: [irene440] help! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Anything I put in quotes below, google it or search on youtube.com for videos or photos on each part of the setup. What you have isn't exactly beginner friendly, but it can certainly be setup with a little bit of research on your end.

Your setup sounds like it was designed to have line lockers on each end which provide the adjustment on the main line. These are made from the rap rings and carabiners to avoid making knots in the mainline.

Google "Line Lockers" and you'll find how to set that part of the system up. This will adjust your main line to fit the distance between the trees you have.

The two loops of webbing get slung around the trees, usually in a "Girth Hitch". I suggest using http://images.google.com to see photos of the knot.

One end of the mainline will be clipped to the sling and the other will be where you create the tensioning system. Setting up the tensioning system using carabiners is the most complicated part so I suggest searching on youtube.com for "setup slackline with carabiners" and watch several different videos a couple times to understand what is going on.

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Slacklining

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook