Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Lost trad rack @Buffalo crag - Sat Nov 1 - $reward
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

math

Nov 5, 2008, 6:43 AM
Post #1 of 4 (2262 views)
Shortcut

Lost trad rack @Buffalo crag - Sat Nov 1 - $reward  (North_America: Canada: Ontario: Golden_Horseshoe)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Finishing up some climbing way late on Sat Nov 1 after dusk, I managed to leave a good half rack+ of partner's gear around Orange Wall or Operation Evaporation at Buffalo crag in the dark. Didnt realise this until today, and went out there to look (and some nice indian summer climbing), but didnt find.

There's several cams, lots of draws, biners, possibly some nuts and other gear that was on the sling, probably hiding from my headlamp behind a rock or otherwise. :(

If anyone found it, or knows a friend who suddenly has a not-so-shiny (but newly acquired!) rack, suggest they can increase karma (and their wallet ;) by finding out if they found our gear.

Would be much appreciated, please reply to me by email here.

(Yes, I am a dumbass. flashlights only work where you point them, and we spread our gear around too much when it was light out...)

-math

(This post was edited by math on Nov 5, 2008, 6:45 AM)

socalclimber

Nov 5, 2008, 11:59 AM
Post #2 of 4 (2234 views)
Shortcut

Re: [math] Lost trad rack @Buffalo crag - Sat Nov 1 - $reward [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

BUMP!

That sucksShocked. Is there a web site for the area where you could post this? You might also want put up a notice at the local climbing shop.

Good luck.

chossmonkey

Nov 5, 2008, 12:15 PM
Post #3 of 4 (2229 views)
Shortcut

Re: [math] Lost trad rack @Buffalo crag - Sat Nov 1 - $reward [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

math wrote:
and we spread our gear around too much when it was light out...

That sucks dude.

Sounds like you learned a valuable lesson.

Just be happy is was part of a rack you missed in the dark rather than a misthreaded anchor or rappel device.

Have you tried the Gripped and Halcyon forums?

math

Nov 5, 2008, 2:02 PM
Post #4 of 4 (2193 views)
Shortcut

Re: [chossmonkey] Lost trad rack @Buffalo crag - Sat Nov 1 - $reward [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Well I posted this in the Regional -> Golden Horseshoe (Toronto) area which probably encompasses about 90% of ontario climbers and a good chunk of flat-northern-US-state visitors destinations (we get people up from Detroit for just a day at these places it takes us an hour to get to, and we whine we dont have good climbing like the Gunks :) - unless I posted it wrong.

Posted at all 3 toronto Gyms, might call up a couple in the greater area as well to ask them to post notes.

Yeah, Im thankful our mistakes have been approach-finding, administrative and inventory management related so far, not injury. But it's easy to look a gift (gear?) horse in the mouth and still feel bad. :/

As for Halcyon, didnt know about it - thanks, willdo - and yeah was about to post on gripped too. Sigh.

Going to be buying friend a new rack (and myself new draws) instead of going on an epic climbing trip in June now.. :/

Thanks guys.

-math

(This post was edited by math on Nov 5, 2008, 2:20 PM)

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook