RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Gear Heads

Premier Sponsor:

dead_milkman

Nov 27, 2008, 7:42 PM
Post #1 of 6 (791 views)
Shortcut

Experience with Nemo tents?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I looking to replace my seen-better-days Bibler I-tent and I'm looking for opinions on Nemo tents. Has anyone out there used the Tenshi as an all mountain tent? If so, how do you feel about the durability of the shell fabric? Any thoughts about wind stability as well? thanks...

bc

silentabe

Nov 29, 2008, 4:41 PM
Post #2 of 6 (720 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dead_milkman] Experience with Nemo tents? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

ive had the losi for a while now, its a great, super solid, super durable tent- the pole design makes it incredibly sturdy, and it had enough room to use as a basecamp tent in peru for me and my partner- i'm not really sure how the tneshi is, but it seems like a smilar design with sturdier materials and some other stuff- it won some aweards, and judging from my "3 season" (but easily used as 4) losi, the tenshi would be bombproof-

kane_schutzman

Nov 29, 2008, 10:45 PM
Post #3 of 6 (691 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dead_milkman] Experience with Nemo tents? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I stayed on baker for 6 days in the tenshi. The tent is small. Even smaller than my bibler I tent, but for those six days two of us were in it.-So its not tooo small. The tenshi fabric is LIGHTWEIGHT. Its damn near transparent, and I couldn't tell you how its holding up now because I stayed in a new one. Anyways, you will notice how much thinner it is then your bibler. The tent has alot of venting options in in which is nice-Much more then the bibler. It also has a shit-ton of points to tie it down-all in goodplaces. I think the ability to anchor it in so many places makes it easy to keep the fabric tight. With wind no more than 30 I thought it did well, wasnt very loud either.The vestibule is nice for stowing gear and is minimul but enough room for two packs. Its very easy to setup. I didnt notice anymore condinsation than other tents. Overall if your looking for something very similar to your bibler, and wanna look cool, then the tenshi is nice. Id try and find it on sale though....

kane_schutzman

Nov 29, 2008, 10:47 PM
Post #4 of 6 (686 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kane_schutzman] Experience with Nemo tents? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I ll also add that the poles for the tenshi have a bend made into them, unlike my bibler poles. Thats nice and makes it easier to setup.

carabiner96

Nov 29, 2008, 11:21 PM
Post #5 of 6 (677 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kane_schutzman] Experience with Nemo tents? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I don't have the tenshi, i have the losi, but NEMO has hands down the best customer service in the industry.

dead_milkman

Dec 1, 2008, 12:48 AM
Post #6 of 6 (637 views)
Shortcut

Re: [carabiner96] Experience with Nemo tents? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

cool... thanks for the information folks!

Forums : Climbing Information : Gear Heads

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook