RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - Mountain States

Premier Sponsor:

m-allenbach

Mar 5, 2009, 3:13 AM
Post #1 of 4 (590 views)
Shortcut

visiting colorado, checking for partner potential
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I am from Ohio and considering taking a train to Denver. My aunt lives in Denver, I forget which suburb but it is walking distance to the light rail, and my uncle lives in Dillon. So I will be staying at both places. I am just wondering if anyone would be willing to do some weekday climbing if I were to find my way out west. I have been climbing for 3+ years so I know enough to not kill myself or others, and I would especially love to hook up with some one who would be willing to teach/let me follow trad. Respond, PM or email (allenbach.k.m@gmail.com).

P. S. I could probably supply some victory beer/liquor to anyone who could make this happen.

m-allenbach

Mar 7, 2009, 1:33 AM
Post #2 of 4 (564 views)
Shortcut

Re: [m-allenbach] visiting colorado, checking for partner potential [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Maybe I should have also mentioned that I can bring some of my own gear with me. I have rope and an assortment of draws, biners and webbing to choose from.

Also hypothetically if I were to make the trip out without any one responding to my post how feasible is it to find a partner on short notice in the denver/summit county area. If I just went to a gym in denver would they have a bulletin board or something where people post up looking for partners.

reno

Mar 9, 2009, 6:46 PM
Post #3 of 4 (541 views)
Shortcut

Re: [m-allenbach] visiting colorado, checking for partner potential [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

m-allenbach wrote:
Maybe I should have also mentioned that I can bring some of my own gear with me. I have rope and an assortment of draws, biners and webbing to choose from.

Maybe you should also mention when you plan to make this trip. Wink

In reply to:
Also hypothetically if I were to make the trip out without any one responding to my post how feasible is it to find a partner on short notice in the denver/summit county area. If I just went to a gym in denver would they have a bulletin board or something where people post up looking for partners.

It's pretty easy in the Front Range to find partners. Here, MountainProject.com, etc. Neptune Mountaineering in Boulder has a good partner's wanted board, as do many other shops. I don't know about the gyms, since I don't go to climbing gyms, but I'd suspect there would be something there, too.

m-allenbach

Mar 10, 2009, 4:04 PM
Post #4 of 4 (516 views)
Shortcut

Re: [reno] visiting colorado, checking for partner potential [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

sorry about not giving dates on when I will be in colorado. Obviously that makes it hard for anyone reading this post to say whether or not they are available as a week day partner. The only reason I didn't give dates is because truth be told I don't know when I am going yet. I think I would like to do it before the end of march, also I am not sure if I am going to stay for one week or two. But it looks like I would be able to get a five day RTA pass the first monday I am in denver and get from my aunts place to boulder on a combination of bus and light rail. I guess I was kind of just checking to see if anyone would just come out and say that they had a lot of free time on a given week and were looking to do a lot of climbing. Perhaps I should just head to denver as soon as possible and just check the front range partners sticky frequently.

sorry if that seemed like a long rambling post, but I was kind of just thinking out loud there.

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - Mountain States

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook