Forums: Community: Campground:
You are not wanted here.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

wanderlustmd

Oct 25, 2009, 8:13 PM
Post #2226 of 105309 (8220 views)
Shortcut

Re: [epoch] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

epoch wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
epoch wrote:
kachoong wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
kachoong wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
A friend's bachelor party was yesterday. We played paintball. In the rain. It was actually quite fun.

Sounds fun! I went to a friend's Bachelor party paintball day about 10 years ago. I remember one of the scenarios being the Buck hunt... the last five minutes everyone switched to attacking just him... poor bastard had soooo many welts on his body that afternoon.
Yeah, we pretty much did the same thing during the last game. He was smart and dressed in multiple layers, though, so welts were minimal. I, however, have a little red mark this morning on my throatCrazy

Ouch! Did you look up as you got hit? Or did it just come in from the side or sumpin'? The neck is one of the worst places to be hit.

We're going to go paintballing on 11/11. Haven't done it in around 10 years. I'm sure the guns are much better these days. Taking the knee pads for sure!

Most courses still use the Tippman 98 markers. They're reliable, easy to service, and hold their own. A remarkable marker considering how long it's been around. With practice you can get anywhere from 12 - 17 shots off per second.
We had tippmans, not sure what model. No way you can get 12 shots persecond on a semi-auto...

I've been witness to 24/sec on a spider.

It's a technique thing to get <10/sec. I think my best was 16 on a Tippman.

Did your markers look like this:

[image]http://www.speedytoys.com/images/98custom.jpg[/image]

They're the stock marker for most fields.

Serious folks get something with a 2 finger trigger that is electronically assisted. Though match-play requires them to be semi-auto, non assisted. You'd be amazed at the rate of fire a pro-am or a collegiate player can get with a bare bones semi-auto. Basically if you practice enough, you can go through unthinkable amounts of paint per minute.

<edit to fixor the picture>
Yeah, that looks like what we had. They seemed to work pretty well.

wanderlustmd

Oct 25, 2009, 8:13 PM
Post #2227 of 105309 (8218 views)
Shortcut

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
Valley giant!

You really sewed that up!

too bad you missed.

fucking donniez never learn.
I hate you.

wanderlustmd

Oct 25, 2009, 8:14 PM
Post #2228 of 105309 (8216 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kachoong] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

kachoong wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
kachoong wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
A friend's bachelor party was yesterday. We played paintball. In the rain. It was actually quite fun.

Sounds fun! I went to a friend's Bachelor party paintball day about 10 years ago. I remember one of the scenarios being the Buck hunt... the last five minutes everyone switched to attacking just him... poor bastard had soooo many welts on his body that afternoon.
Yeah, we pretty much did the same thing during the last game. He was smart and dressed in multiple layers, though, so welts were minimal. I, however, have a little red mark this morning on my throatCrazy

Ouch! Did you look up as you got hit? Or did it just come in from the side or sumpin'? The neck is one of the worst places to be hit.

We're going to go paintballing on 11/11. Haven't done it in around 10 years. I'm sure the guns are much better these days. Taking the knee pads for sure!
No, I was firing and someone threaded the needle between my collar and the bottom of my facemask. I'm suprised they don't build in a neckgaurd off the end of the chin or something.

wanderlustmd

Oct 25, 2009, 8:15 PM
Post #2229 of 105309 (8214 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

epoch wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
epoch wrote:
I had my hands on a Das Parka that was going for sub $200. I don't really need one, though it was super tempting to buy it.

I'll sleep on it, and maybe go back and get it.

Sizing is what's throwing me at the moment. A large fits quite well, though I don't know if it'll be large enough to wear over my layers/soft shell. The XL is big. And I think it's just too roomy to be of any use, despite having pull chords at the waist. I'll have to bring my layers with me if I go back.
Where?
Mine seems pretty gUd, but I didn't get it until the end of last season.

They don't seem to appear all that warm. Granted, it will be an outer layer, but maybe its the difference between primaloft and down. I've been a down weenie for a long time now.

Gucci outlet in Freeport. They've got several L and XL. The colors may not be great, but for the price, who cares.
They won't be as warm as down, no, but I've never liked how down is worthless when wet.

Partner camhead

Oct 25, 2009, 8:17 PM
Post #2230 of 105309 (8211 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wanderlustmd] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

wanderlustmd wrote:
Clamhead, Morse was unreal!
Psyched that I finally got the chance to see him in concert. It was a small room, maybe 120 people there. Good times

Gneiss, I'll bet that was an awesome show, especially in that small of a venue. Though it does remind me of a rather good joke: What's the difference between a rock guitarist and a jazz guitarist? A rock guitarist plays three chords in front of 20,000 people.

Speaking of teh music; I stayed home from climbing this weekend to rock out with clausti's uncle's rock band; they needed an extra guitarist and keyboard player for an upcoming gig. It was frickng awesome, first time playing with a group since the infamous clamhead wedding GnR youtube episode.

caughtinside

Oct 25, 2009, 8:28 PM
Post #2231 of 105309 (8206 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
Valley giant!

too bad you missed.

truf. did you go to the josh?

dr_feelgood

Oct 25, 2009, 8:30 PM
Post #2232 of 105309 (8202 views)
Shortcut

Re: [caughtinside] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
Valley giant!

too bad you missed.

he has a point.

dr_feelgood

Oct 25, 2009, 8:32 PM
Post #2233 of 105309 (8265 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

epoch wrote:
kachoong wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
kachoong wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:

Most courses still use the Tippman 98 markers. They're reliable, easy to service, and hold their own. A remarkable marker considering how long it's been around. With practice you can get anywhere from 12 - 17 shots off per second.
I think mine is kicking around at my parent's house. Need to get a new battery for the red dot sight.

dr_feelgood

Oct 25, 2009, 8:32 PM
Post #2234 of 105309 (8265 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

epoch wrote:
I had my hands on a Das Parka that was going for sub $200. I don't really need one, though it was super tempting to buy it.

I'll sleep on it, and maybe go back and get it.

Sizing is what's throwing me at the moment. A large fits quite well, though I don't know if it'll be large enough to wear over my layers/soft shell. The XL is big. And I think it's just too roomy to be of any use, despite having pull chords at the waist. I'll have to bring my layers with me if I go back.

Mine is XL. It's good over layers.

dr_feelgood

Oct 25, 2009, 8:33 PM
Post #2235 of 105309 (8265 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

wanderlustmd wrote:
kachoong wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
kachoong wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:

No, I was firing and someone threaded the needle between my collar and the bottom of my facemask. I'm suprised they don't build in a neckgaurd off the end of the chin or something.

They have neckguards. For pansies.

wanderlustmd

Oct 25, 2009, 8:45 PM
Post #2236 of 105309 (8260 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
Psyched that I finally got the chance to see him in concert. It was a small room, maybe 120 people there. Good times

Gneiss, I'll bet that was an awesome show, especially in that small of a venue. Though it does remind me of a rather good joke: What's the difference between a rock guitarist and a jazz guitarist? A rock guitarist plays three chords in front of 20,000 people.

Speaking of teh music; I stayed home from climbing this weekend to rock out with clausti's uncle's rock band; they needed an extra guitarist and keyboard player for an upcoming gig. It was frickng awesome, first time playing with a group since the infamous clamhead wedding GnR youtube episode.
I don't think I ever saw that clip...

wanderlustmd

Oct 25, 2009, 8:45 PM
Post #2237 of 105309 (8257 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Help me get frontpage-ness so I can feel special.
http://www.rockclimbing.com/...Ic3FTW_1_110375.html

wanderlustmd

Oct 25, 2009, 8:46 PM
Post #2238 of 105309 (8255 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
kachoong wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
kachoong wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:

Bring yours climbing next time, we'll see who the pansy is.

Or we can hide at the base and cap climbers...

Partner epoch

Oct 25, 2009, 8:49 PM
Post #2239 of 105309 (8249 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

wanderlustmd wrote:
camhead wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:

Yor gU iz weke.

Partner camhead

Oct 25, 2009, 8:49 PM
Post #2240 of 105309 (8248 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

wanderlustmd wrote:
camhead wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/...&feature=related

Partner epoch

Oct 25, 2009, 8:50 PM
Post #2241 of 105309 (8247 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

wanderlustmd wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
kachoong wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
kachoong wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:

Bring yours climbing next time, we'll see who the pansy is.

Or we can hide at the base and cap climbers...
I'd be tempted to get won, but iz too much effort for a once a year thing.

Partner epoch

Oct 25, 2009, 8:52 PM
Post #2242 of 105309 (8246 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

pbr

snoopy138

Oct 25, 2009, 8:56 PM
Post #2243 of 105309 (8241 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

wanderlustmd wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
Valley giant!

too bad you missed.

I hate you.

perhaps you should turn yore hate inwardz. After all, it's not me that's protekting the third post uv a page.

wanderlustmd

Post #2244 of 105309 (8240 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
camhead wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/...&feature=related
LOL that was great.

wanderlustmd

Post #2245 of 105309 (8237 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

epoch wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
camhead wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:

Yor gU iz weke.
Yor kliming skilz 1z wek3

caughtinside

Oct 25, 2009, 8:59 PM
Post #2246 of 105309 (8235 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
Valley giant!

too bad you missed.

I hate you.

perhaps you should turn yore hate inwardz. After all, it's not me that's protekting the third post uv a page.

I look forward to the day when guidebooks start listing the coveted 3rd ascent of routes!

caughtinside

Oct 25, 2009, 9:00 PM
Post #2247 of 105309 (8231 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

wanderlustmd wrote:
epoch wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
camhead wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:

Yor gU iz weke.

wow! The WMD is all over the ekop on this. 2nd or third comment on this I've seen!

Partner epoch

Oct 25, 2009, 9:00 PM
Post #2248 of 105309 (8230 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

wanderlustmd wrote:
epoch wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
camhead wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:

Yor gU iz weke.
Yor immune system is weke...

caughtinside

Oct 25, 2009, 9:01 PM
Post #2249 of 105309 (8205 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

epoch wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
epoch wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
camhead wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:

Yor gU iz weke.
Yor immune system is weke...

hmm, sickly hard zender vs. weke n' healthy modzerator?

Toss up.

snoopy138

Oct 25, 2009, 9:11 PM
Post #2250 of 105309 (8200 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

epoch wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
camhead wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:

Yor gU iz weke.

he's a donny.

First page Previous page 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook