Forums: Community: Campground:
You are not wanted here.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

wanderlustmd

Nov 2, 2009, 10:41 PM
Post #3026 of 105309 (7953 views)
Shortcut

Re: [curt] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

curt wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
camhead wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
camhead wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
Pissed. "Navigator" picked a genius route that now has us 4 hours behind where we could be, making tomorrow a 12+ hour day.

I also am sick as shit. Gah.

Navigator being the GPS?
heh

I borrowed my mother's GPS this summer on the return trip from NS. I quickly realized that if you put your brain away when using one it'll get you into trouble.

I don't trust them. They've taken me on 5 mile detours that were unnecessary.

Agreed, I fucking hate GPS. In addition to often giving bad-beta, they really encourage you not to pay attention to outside surroundings, so you don't remember routes when you do them again. Just one more fucking square screen that we're spending our lives staring at. This past weekend, on the way to the NRG, the GPS told me to take a right turn at a middle-of-nowhere intersection, which I did not remember, and I thought I was supposed to go straight. I wound up doing a rolling stop through the intersection and getting a fucking ticket. While clausti will be quick to point out that this was my own fault and not the GPS's, I am going to say that I would have not mad a right turn, and thus would have made a complete stop, if I had not been staring at the fucking thing. DAMN YOU GPS!

In funner news, BINER! Come to Columbus, we will wine you, dine you, and then thrown you down into the catpee basement! We haven't even changed the sheets since caughtinside stayed! WOO!

That sucks about the ticket!

Wining/dining Biner will also mean wining/winding her mom and the luberjack.
The lumberjack is in the car too going to CO? How did I miss that part of the story.

Yes, it seems as if new shit has come to light, man. I thought the lumberjack was taillights.

WMD, it is up to you to tell us everything, since biner is probably lost on some backroad that her GPS thinks will take her to I-70 or something.
Nothing really to tell. They aren't done yet, apparently.

Although, he's supposed to move to Seattle or something. I'll let biner give you the full presentation.

Ah, to be young and confused again...

Curt
heh...

Not that I'm any less confused, just less young...

dammit.

wanderlustmd

Nov 2, 2009, 10:44 PM
Post #3027 of 105309 (7949 views)
Shortcut

Re: [tripperjm] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

tripperjm wrote:
Look I don't really give a rats ass about all the moves you can do. The only thing I care about is you learning how to do the fuking moves you can't do. Sure, it's great that you can do a bunch of difficult moves, but unless you fuking learn how to do the ones you can't do, you will never do the fuking route. I'm getting really fuking tired of hearing you complain all the time, that you can't, when you haven't even tried the fuking move. And tring a move, doen't mean one or two weke assed attempts franticly stabbing at a hold, it means sitting in front of the move, shutting you fuking mouth, listening to the coaching and attempting correctly, the move a dozen times on each run, if thats what it takes. Climbing a difficult route isn't always going to be fuking easy, sometime, you just have to suck it up princess and put a little heart into in. Everytime you decide to skip a section, you have just wasted a run and wasted my fuking time. If you want to do routes that you can easily get in a go or two, maybe it's time to move on, find another partner and start climbing in those easier, slabier areas. Either get with the program or get the fuk out of my sight!
Protege gone bad?

wanderlustmd

Nov 2, 2009, 10:44 PM
Post #3028 of 105309 (7946 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dominic7] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dominic7 wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
camhead wrote:
curt wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
camhead wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
Pissed. "Navigator" picked a genius route that now has us 4 hours behind where we could be, making tomorrow a 12+ hour day.

Navigator being the GPS?
heh

I borrowed my mother's GPS this summer on the return trip from NS. I quickly realized that if you put your brain away when using one it'll get you into trouble.

Agreed, I fucking hate GPS. In addition to often giving bad-beta, they really encourage you not to pay attention to outside surroundings, so you don't remember routes when you do them again. Just one more fucking square screen that we're spending our lives staring at. This past weekend, on the way to the NRG, the GPS told me to take a right turn at a middle-of-nowhere intersection, which I did not remember, and I thought I was supposed to go straight. I wound up doing a rolling stop through the intersection and getting a fucking ticket. While clausti will be quick to point out that this was my own fault and not the GPS's, I am going to say that I would have not mad a right turn, and thus would have made a complete stop, if I had not been staring at the fucking thing. DAMN YOU GPS!

In funner news, BINER! Come to Columbus, we will wine you, dine you, and then thrown you down into the catpee basement! We haven't even changed the sheets since caughtinside stayed! WOO!

Wow. You'd think with three people in the car they could outwit the GPS.

Curt

You would think that, but I assume that biner's mom was trying to figure out the newfangled technology, biner kept hitting the wrong touchscreen commands with her fake arm, and then the lumberjack buried an axe into the screen.

They'll realize they took a wrong turn when they drive into Lake Erie.
hahaha
Probably not too far off the truth.

Reference to The Office?
The What?
I don't really watch TV.

wanderlustmd

Nov 2, 2009, 10:46 PM
Post #3029 of 105309 (7941 views)
Shortcut

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
Look I don't really give a rats ass about all the moves you can do. The only thing I care about is you learning how to do the fuking moves you can't do. Sure, it's great that you can do a bunch of difficult moves, but unless you fuking learn how to do the ones you can't do, you will never do the fuking route. I'm getting really fuking tired of hearing you complain all the time, that you can't, when you haven't even tried the fuking move. And tring a move, doen't mean one or two weke assed attempts franticly stabbing at a hold, it means sitting in front of the move, shutting you fuking mouth, listening to the coaching and attempting correctly, the move a dozen times on each run, if thats what it takes. Climbing a difficult route isn't always going to be fuking easy, sometime, you just have to suck it up princess and put a little heart into in. Everytime you decide to skip a section, you have just wasted a run and wasted my fuking time. If you want to do routes that you can easily get in a go or two, maybe it's time to move on, find another partner and start climbing in those easier, slabier areas. Either get with the program or get the fuk out of my sight!

blutarski, looks like we may have to hang out on that green alien at the start of o'kelley's a whole lot more.
[image]
http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/5214/roflbothtzp.jpg[/image]

you forgot an arrow at teh fist jam saying "will knot hold" and an arrow at teh alien "not exploding ... yet"

Good one.
I need to get some aliens, but I also need to know they won't blow up.

wanderlustmd

Nov 2, 2009, 10:47 PM
Post #3030 of 105309 (7938 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dominic7 wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
tripperjm wrote:

blutarski, looks like we may have to hang out on that green alien at the start of o'kelley's a whole lot more.
[image]

you forgot an arrow at teh fist jam saying "will knot hold" and an arrow at teh alien "not exploding ... yet"

So you guys are seriously wearing matching shirts?
Ambiguously Ghey Duo?

curt

Nov 2, 2009, 10:49 PM
Post #3031 of 105309 (7936 views)
Shortcut

Re: [epoch] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

epoch wrote:
curt wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
camhead wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:

Navigator being the GPS?
heh

Curt
You didn't put much thought into this.

Which makes my post remarkable in what way?

Curt

Arrogant_Bastard

Nov 2, 2009, 10:52 PM
Post #3032 of 105309 (8069 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

curt wrote:
dominic7 wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
tripperjm wrote:

That they would fall on that climb is even funnier.

Curt

It really wasn't so much falling as it was pulling on gear.

Arrogant_Bastard

Nov 2, 2009, 10:54 PM
Post #3033 of 105309 (8065 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wanderlustmd] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

wanderlustmd wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
tripperjm wrote:

Good one.

That really is the heart of the issue. Though Snupe's haven't exploded on me yet.

snoopy138

Nov 2, 2009, 11:02 PM
Post #3034 of 105309 (8063 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

wanderlustmd wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
tripperjm wrote:

Good one.

just back them up and m34tb0mbz on them.

snoopy138

Nov 2, 2009, 11:03 PM
Post #3035 of 105309 (8060 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Arrogant_Bastard] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
curt wrote:
dominic7 wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
tripperjm wrote:

That they would fall on that climb is even funnier.

Curt

It really wasn't so much falling as it was pulling on gear.

no, I think that this point we were still falling.

snoopy138

Nov 2, 2009, 11:04 PM
Post #3036 of 105309 (8056 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Arrogant_Bastard] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
tripperjm wrote:

Good one.

That really is the heart of the issue. Though Snupe's haven't exploded on me yet.

my aliens are all well-tested.

Partner epoch

Nov 2, 2009, 11:17 PM
Post #3037 of 105309 (8052 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

curt wrote:
epoch wrote:
curt wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
camhead wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:

Navigator being the GPS?
heh

Curt
You didn't put much thought into this.

Which makes my post remarkable in what way?

Curt
Nothing.
Which is fine for this audience.

Jay

wanderlustmd

Nov 3, 2009, 12:03 AM
Post #3038 of 105309 (8035 views)
Shortcut

Re: [epoch] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

So a good climbing buddy of mine got hitched this weekend.

We've been buddies since college and have done mostly ice and moutaineering stuff together.

He was also the architect behind this masterpiece:

True to form, he and his bride dragged 50 guests up a 1.5 mile hike close to the summit of Bald Mountain in Maine.

After scouting out a spot, they each changed into full wedding attire while the guests stayed in thermals.

Not a bad view!

They did it!

After the ceremony, and getting itchy for food and drink, Andy didn't bother changing back into hiking gear, the hardcore young man that he is.

We descended to a great party and homemade food (he's a farmer). Of course, we made sure to wreck his car.

Congrats buddy!!

chossmonkey

Nov 3, 2009, 1:58 AM
Post #3039 of 105309 (8016 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

curt wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
curt wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
kachoong wrote:
So... I'm going to be a zombie tonight... not that it's different to any other night... making the ripped apart face should be fun. Lots of blood hopefully.
I think that I'll have to close the cutains and pretend that we're not home.

There are never many kids that come to the door anyway, and I never bothered getting pumpkins or candy. I also don't really have time to get stuff set up either, I'm busy trying to lay a bunch of pavers in the backyard.

I would make Nathan do it except that he's gone climbing. That's right, he has a million unfinished projects and I'm the one staying at home working today.

Unimpressed
Too bad, I can see him having a blast chasing kids around with his ice tools like Mike Myers.
We don't get many kids coming by. Our neighbourhood is a lot of young familys and a ton of retired people, so we only get a few young kids being brought out by their parents. Last year her picked up some beer for the parents, but I think only one guy took one.

BTW - Nathan still isn't home. I told him that I really needed his help with cutting the pavers and I was hoping that he could help me out today. With daylight saving time tonight I'm fucked for getting his help on the path next week too.
That's right, next week is DLS.

Wake up = dark
Get home = dark
It's getting colder, rock season is ending. Goddammit, I hate this time of year.

What? Rock season is just beginning? Cool

Curt
Want to switch coasts?

Let me think a second. I was out climbing today in 70 degrees without a cloud in the sky--I think not.

Curt
That must be a nice change from the 110 you have had the last 6 months

chossmonkey

Nov 3, 2009, 2:03 AM
Post #3040 of 105309 (8014 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:

Navigator being the GPS?
heh

You seemed really psyched on that thing a year or so back when were at the gnu.

chossmonkey

Nov 3, 2009, 2:12 AM
Post #3041 of 105309 (8008 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

wanderlustmd wrote:
camhead wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:

Navigator being the GPS?
heh

That BITCH!!!

Seriously,

I'll admit, I really didn't have much respect for Biner. She hasn't really done much to try and earn any. but this just makes her slink to a gnu low.

The Lumberjack?

Seriously?

That girl has serious issues dude. Be happy with the bit you got and be happy you got away.

chossmonkey

Nov 3, 2009, 2:22 AM
Post #3042 of 105309 (7998 views)
Shortcut

Re: [tripperjm] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

tripperjm wrote:

So you think I should bolt it even though I can barely do only two of the moves and can't even come close to the others?

chossmonkey

Nov 3, 2009, 2:24 AM
Post #3043 of 105309 (7997 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dominic7 wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
tripperjm wrote:

Looks like matching outfitz.

curt

Nov 3, 2009, 3:19 AM
Post #3044 of 105309 (7978 views)
Shortcut

Re: [chossmonkey] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

chossmonkey wrote:
curt wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
curt wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
kachoong wrote:
So... I'm going to be a zombie tonight... not that it's different to any other night... making the ripped apart face should be fun. Lots of blood hopefully.
I think that I'll have to close the cutains and pretend that we're not home.

There are never many kids that come to the door anyway, and I never bothered getting pumpkins or candy. I also don't really have time to get stuff set up either, I'm busy trying to lay a bunch of pavers in the backyard.

I would make Nathan do it except that he's gone climbing. That's right, he has a million unfinished projects and I'm the one staying at home working today.

Unimpressed
Too bad, I can see him having a blast chasing kids around with his ice tools like Mike Myers.
We don't get many kids coming by. Our neighbourhood is a lot of young familys and a ton of retired people, so we only get a few young kids being brought out by their parents. Last year her picked up some beer for the parents, but I think only one guy took one.

BTW - Nathan still isn't home. I told him that I really needed his help with cutting the pavers and I was hoping that he could help me out today. With daylight saving time tonight I'm fucked for getting his help on the path next week too.
That's right, next week is DLS.

Wake up = dark
Get home = dark
It's getting colder, rock season is ending. Goddammit, I hate this time of year.

What? Rock season is just beginning? Cool

Curt
Want to switch coasts?

Let me think a second. I was out climbing today in 70 degrees without a cloud in the sky--I think not.

Curt
That must be a nice change from the 110 you have had the last 6 months

No shit.

Curt

Partner dominic7

Nov 3, 2009, 3:26 AM
Post #3045 of 105309 (7974 views)
Shortcut

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
tripperjm wrote:

[image]

Good one.

just back them up and m34tb0mbz on them.

*lily shitz pantz in rage*

Partner dominic7

Nov 3, 2009, 3:27 AM
Post #3046 of 105309 (7972 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

wanderlustmd wrote:
So a good climbing buddy of mine got hitched this weekend.

[image]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_8R_kecjrqyE/Su9y8QNMoQI/AAAAAAAAE8M/9q3D4jKoPVs/s640/AndywithTEA.jpg[/image]

We've been buddies since college and have done mostly ice and moutaineering stuff together.

[image]http://lh3.ggpht.com/_8R_kecjrqyE/Su9y8ZJaapI/AAAAAAAAE8Q/3LEqexdCba4/s512/P1030527.JPG[/image]

He was also the architect behind this masterpiece:

[image]http://lh3.ggpht.com/_8R_kecjrqyE/Su9w5O6LTWI/AAAAAAAAE8I/BjQWObfwaGU/s640/doyoufeellucky.jpg[/image]

True to form, he and his bride dragged 50 guests up a 1.5 mile hike close to the summit of Bald Mountain in Maine.

[image]http://lh4.ggpht.com/_8R_kecjrqyE/Su9vkIvAIXI/AAAAAAAAE7E/PGqMQrdtaWI/s640/001.JPG[/image]

After scouting out a spot, they each changed into full wedding attire while the guests stayed in thermals.

[image]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_8R_kecjrqyE/Su9vkQTg9rI/AAAAAAAAE7I/pRzVoJTqM44/s640/002.JPG[/image]

[image]http://lh3.ggpht.com/_8R_kecjrqyE/Su9vk3mAlgI/AAAAAAAAE7Q/B-Zjshu1YCg/s512/004.JPG[/image]

Not a bad view!
[image]http://lh4.ggpht.com/_8R_kecjrqyE/Su9v1q4O4PI/AAAAAAAAE7c/VkjNX13c8Ks/s640/006.JPG[/image]

They did it!
[image]http://lh4.ggpht.com/_8R_kecjrqyE/Su9v2FTItlI/AAAAAAAAE7k/GtUIuPRLCG8/s640/008.JPG[/image]

After the ceremony, and getting itchy for food and drink, Andy didn't bother changing back into hiking gear, the hardcore young man that he is.

[image]http://lh6.ggpht.com/_8R_kecjrqyE/Su9v2kRUcfI/AAAAAAAAE7s/sJjuoRqRB3o/s512/010.JPG[/image]

[image]http://lh3.ggpht.com/_8R_kecjrqyE/Su9wAYOy_dI/AAAAAAAAE7w/RvFL-3Xel-U/s512/011.JPG[/image]

We descended to a great party and homemade food (he's a farmer). Of course, we made sure to wreck his car.

[image]http://lh4.ggpht.com/_8R_kecjrqyE/Su9wAk4W4bI/AAAAAAAAE74/Jvfa3cLz_r4/s640/012.JPG[/image]

Congrats buddy!!

Nice!

ICT

tripperjm

Nov 3, 2009, 3:32 AM
Post #3047 of 105309 (7971 views)
Shortcut

Re: [clausti] FAIL SAUCE!!!!!111!! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

clausti wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
I can't stop looking at the Yukon photo. Those poor bastards crunched every panel on that thing!!! $60k ride fukkd up. Grounded for sure.
mebe it twas Little Jack. Out joyriding while the oldman was pretending to be throwing down.

I don't drive a Yukon. I always fly in and rent a cheap car or ride with my friend in Lexington.
LJ makes for a better story.

It'z tru. Still, I already got a ton of stories from that kid, Just wish he would head off to college and decide this army thing afterwards.

Just tell him that if he joins the army and goes infantry, he is guaranteed not to be able to get any pussy or drink for 3 months straight.
If he goes to college, he gets to drink and get pussy for 3 months straight.

Played that card already, got anything else?
Perhaps you should let him drink and get him some pussy so he will see what he would be missing out on?

He has already been there, done that. I think he is just looking for something dangerous to prove himself.

you know any firefighters he could hang out with?

the tech center attached to my high school had a firefighter in training program, and i took the first year of it. we learned about the chemistry and physics of structure fires, strategies, getting into firefighter gear (under a minute or you fail the course), and crawling around blindfolded in a hot building on our hands and knees to rescue whoever the instructor tapped and said "your'e dead." oh and sprayed stuff with firehoses. wuz a good time.

l

Don't know any firefighters. I have asked him about becoming a fireman though. I think it would be a great choise. He didn't seem to interested, I am going to revisit this choise though. I'll have to check out his school and see if there is some program.

tripperjm

Nov 3, 2009, 3:46 AM
Post #3048 of 105309 (7966 views)
Shortcut

Re: [imnotclever] FAIL SAUCE!!!!!111!! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

imnotclever wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
dominic7 wrote:
epoch wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
[IMG]http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee274/chossmonkey/rrg071.jpg[/IMG]
What route?
Looks like a pretty crappy area.

You still seem to be climbing pretty well for working so much.
I am falling in that pic.

I didn't RP the root. I did onsight from the ground to the first bolt, from the last bolt to the anchors, and also the big ghey rest in the middle.
Yeah but you're still working .13b for kirssake, and you're sending .13a on the weekend.
Says who?

Sides, the ghey rest is supposed to cut the grade a letter and then I figured out a better way to do the hardest move, so its probably only 12+
I have spies everywhere.

Ah, this is the route with the ghey rest. If it was only 12+, why didn't you send?Tongue

A lot of things go it to sending a difficult route....

Sometimes you sess, sometimes you get sessed. #6.

Now lets talk about any of your big sends? oh that's rite, you haven't actually sent anything.
I've sent lots of things.

Why you has to liez. Why?
I never lie! I've sent tons of things. They are just mostly 5.11 and under.

I'm sorry to have to be the won to break the news to ewe... '5.11 and under' aren't really sends. sorry.
I hate being a has-ben.

I'm comfortable in my "never-was" status.

Well of the two... I personaly prefer to be a washed up has been.

Speaking of which, I know I forgot to mention it, the route I went to and then went back to, cuz I thought I could get it.... I didn't get. It's probibly because I'm allwashedup, but I prefer to think, the route was really fuking difficult. I'm pretty fuking driven though, I'll be back in the spring.

This time save the chips until after you tag the route.

Try to pay attention.... CI failz cuz of teh gressy chips. I fell off cuz my skirt blew up in front of my face just as I was tossing to the hold.

tripperjm

Nov 3, 2009, 3:57 AM
Post #3049 of 105309 (7977 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kachoong] FAIL SAUCE!!!!!111!! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

kachoong wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
kachoong wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
I can't stop looking at the Yukon photo. Those poor bastards crunched every panel on that thing!!! $60k ride fukkd up. Grounded for sure.
mebe it twas Little Jack. Out joyriding while the oldman was pretending to be throwing down.

*shakes head sadly*

That buy is bound for the big house.

Little Jack is doing better. School werk is gud, has been staying out of trouble and doing his chores without a problem. Thing is... now he thinks he wants to become a Army Ranger. I don't think he actually knows, that guys get killed in wars. Wish he would just head off to college and then decide what he wants to do.

Bad choice that is. Look how well it worked out for mr. tillman.

I know. Trick is, how do you convince a 16 year old that war is not really as easy or safe as the video games he plays.

But the commercials make it look so inviting! Crazy

heh... it'z tru.

When I was Jack's age, all we saw on tv was the bodies comming home from Viet Nam, didn't 'look so inviting' when I was growing up.

I also don't remember recruters walking the hall in my high school like Jack has in his school and I grew up in a military town.

That would have been teh suck! It's a pity they don't do the same thing these days. They need to show the sacrifice that's made every single day, even if that's the pre-deployment farewell tears or the flag-draped containers.

Those recruiters are like car salesmen... slimey and full of themselves... but I'm sure a tricky job to recruit. I wonder how many youngin's volunteer vs being recruited? 2:1? 4:1?

Milatary recruters are the scum of the earth, way worse than slimey car salesmen.

tripperjm

Nov 3, 2009, 4:13 AM
Post #3050 of 105309 (7972 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lockeyaaron] FAIL SAUCE!!!!!111!! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lockeyaaron wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

I don't drive a Yukon. I always fly in and rent a cheap car or ride with my friend in Lexington.
LJ makes for a better story.

It'z tru. Still, I already got a ton of stories from that kid, Just wish he would head off to college and decide this army thing afterwards.

Just tell him that if he joins the army and goes infantry, he is guaranteed not to be able to get any pussy or drink for 3 months straight.
If he goes to college, he gets to drink and get pussy for 3 months straight.

Played that card already, got anything else?

Weed at college.
No weed at Ft. Benning, Hunter Army Airfield, or Ft. Lewis.
Or his whole enlistment.

I mentioned that.

Oh no, there is a Donny in here!!!!

Jack, one thing the recruiters will not tell him is that even though he may only sign up for a 4 year enlistment he HAS to serve 8 years. He will serve his 4 "active" and then his other 4 "inactive" which means he doesn't have to do anything but they can call him back anytime. I have 6 buddies right now that had been out for 2 years and are now back in Iraq. Might be something to bring up.

I thought it was 4 years actice and 2 years inactive. thanks for the info. I mentioned it to him, not to sure he knew it, kinda seemed like news to him.

First page Previous page 1 ... 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook