Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Chandler Park , Tulsa Oklahoma 4/25/10-4/26/10
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

jbk641

Apr 19, 2010, 1:17 PM
Post #1 of 8 (6601 views)
Shortcut

Chandler Park , Tulsa Oklahoma 4/25/10-4/26/10  (North_America: United_States: Oklahoma: Northeast: Chandler_Park)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hello, I am going to be in Tulsa during this time frame and am going to be bouldering mainly in Chandler for the first time and would like to meet up with other climbers for a couple days..Let me know how to make contact...
Jason

oklahoma

May 3, 2010, 4:05 AM
Post #2 of 8 (6560 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jbk641] Chandler Park , Tulsa Oklahoma 4/25/10-4/26/10 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

sorry nobody posted a reply in time. I hope you got out there and you were able to hook up with a local. If you come back to the Tulsa area try to climb around the picnic wall area and talk to random people a lot. Most of the locals are pretty helpful.

jbk641

May 3, 2010, 3:17 PM
Post #3 of 8 (6540 views)
Shortcut

Re: [oklahoma] Chandler Park , Tulsa Oklahoma 4/25/10-4/26/10 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I made it down and spent a day climbing a little this and that but mainly just wanted to identify the boulders and routes so I knew what I was climbing on.. I did find picnic wall and was really impressed with the structures as a whole... A little polished but there is plenty of alternatives to the designated routes..I do want to come down again cause its just 3 hrs for me..When does it get crowded there..I didnt see anyone climbing,

oklahoma

May 4, 2010, 1:42 AM
Post #4 of 8 (6526 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I don't think it really ever gets crowed. As long as it's dry there are people climbing there year round though. There are a lot of other areas in northeast ok that a lot of locals go to so it's pretty spread out. Avery Drive has alot of rock along it and is similar rock to Chandler just much less polished. The areas called little germany and prattville are along avery drive and there are a few areas not on RC.com along avery drive. The metamorphic forms:midwestern climbing guide book has a small section on chandler. Also, here's a site with a very rough guidebook on it http://fusionfortyseven.com/ChandlerPark.htm

you can print that out and carry it around with you or just use it as a reference.

jbk641

May 4, 2010, 4:21 PM
Post #5 of 8 (6495 views)
Shortcut

Re: [oklahoma] Chandler Park , Tulsa Oklahoma 4/25/10-4/26/10 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Are there any better descriptions of finding the ones on avery drive?? Mile markers...etc

kovacs69

May 4, 2010, 5:38 PM
Post #6 of 8 (6483 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Last time I checked the areas along Avery were on private property and the owners did not let people climb there. That didn't stop me but all of the bolted routes had been chopped. I will check and see if I can find my map for those places later today.

JB

oklahoma

May 4, 2010, 8:44 PM
Post #7 of 8 (6463 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kovacs69] Chandler Park , Tulsa Oklahoma 4/25/10-4/26/10 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Last time you checked was awhile ago. There have been some access issues in the past but the main issues land owners had were with ATV driving; shot gun wielding red necks. You can climb there now and to my knowledge there haven't been any bolts chopped. I could be wrong about that. I know for a fact Little germany and John's wall still have their bolts though.

If you look in the NE OK section of the routes on this website under chandler park they have many of the avery drive locations with mile markers from chandler park.

Little germany and North Mexico are found by a large chain link fenced area. park just past it and hike up the hill. There are trails but they can be confusing. good rock though. Mithral is a V5 up there that's pretty fun.

Little Tiajuana is found by a large grateful dead head painted on the rock. You can see it from the road.

John's Wall and Lost City are found by a large parking area on the right side of the road.

jbk641

May 19, 2010, 12:24 PM
Post #8 of 8 (6329 views)
Shortcut

Chandler Park Tulsa --looking for Beta [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I am looking for a more complete list of the routes,,specifically the upper portion of the Park where Pepsi and Picnic are.. The fusion forty site has lower beta, and rc.com and mountain have a few but Im looking for a book but can find one. I came across a brochure for a boulderfest that a list of the routes and ratings a ways back but cant find it and the link to the pdf is dead. Anyone know of another link or manual? I will also try to call newheights..Thanks for any help...Considering a road trip this thursday for some climbing 5/20/10

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook