Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

kobaz

May 4, 2010, 5:01 AM
Post #26 of 55 (5987 views)
Shortcut

Re: [WiredBliss] Wired Bliss Cams are Back!!! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (3 ratings)  
Can't Post

WiredBliss wrote:
The forums are a great resource but they also have the downside too.

We were definitely looking forward to this continued gear discussion.

Wired Bliss will not be apart of this till it is cleaned up.

We have contacted Rockclimbing.com and encourage others to do so.

I wouldn't get too worked up about what angry said... it's just one of the ways on rc.com of saying hi... it's just humor... in person he's a cool guy.

And... rc.com isn't going to go around deleting posts unless they are posts in i&a that are blatantly offensive. Even regular offensive posts aren't generally removed since this is a fairly free board. And honestly... I didn't even think his post was offensive... it got me laughing a bit.

So... welcome to the party, and we look forward to hearing more about your cams and company.

billcoe_

May 4, 2010, 5:21 AM
Post #27 of 55 (5980 views)
Shortcut

Re: [angry] Wired Bliss Cams are Back!!! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

Normally I find your posts humorous and or funny: but you lost me on this one Angry. WTF I guess you really are Angry? What caused this outburst or are we misinterpreting it?

angry wrote:
Dear Wired Bliss, I am ready to buy a triple set of cams from you. I need you to post two very specific pictures.

Picture 1, You kicking David Bloom in the balls with everything you've got.

Picture 2, to prove that picture 1 wasn't staged, I need a picture of David pissing blood onto an Indian Creek guidebook.

Anything less and I'll know you are the enemy.

(This post was edited by billcoe_ on May 4, 2010, 5:28 AM)

billcoe_

May 4, 2010, 5:27 AM
Post #28 of 55 (5978 views)
Shortcut

Re: [billcoe_] Wired Bliss Cams are Back!!! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Wired Bliss repair section lineup cams

LOL! On the shoelaces and is that duct tape on the #6? Michael, come back with some after pictures and don't take it all so personnel till you know you have too. That could have been only a piss-poor inside joke from a good climbing partner of Blooms. (I'm not saying it WAS, but Angry climbs down that way extensively and surely knows the dude)

Regards to all

Bill

dugl33

May 4, 2010, 6:31 AM
Post #29 of 55 (5958 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Crack_Addict_Ty] Wired Bliss Cams are Back!!! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Crack_Addict_Ty wrote:
Always exciting to see more selection is climbing gear. Couple things though: What sort of QC testing and approvals does your equipment go through? I think proving your quality is going to be your biggest hurdle, so any information you can give regarding QA/QC is going to be paramount to the success of your product.

I've been "QC testing" their tcus for about twenty years. The workmanship on the original wired bliss tcus was remarkable, better than anything else made at the time (or since). These puppies just keep on rolling. Glad to hear they're back.

dugl33

May 4, 2010, 6:51 AM
Post #30 of 55 (5949 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dugl33] Wired Bliss Cams are Back!!! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

A little more info over at supertopo.

http://www.supertopo.com/...ming-Devices-is-Back

MS1

May 4, 2010, 12:20 PM
Post #31 of 55 (5915 views)
Shortcut

Re: [adatesman] Wired Bliss Cams are Back!!! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

adatesman wrote:
Not pointing any fingers, but just FYI some of us actually like having the manufacturers around to field questions about their gear. Perhaps we could, you know, be a bit nicer to them?

Crazy

It's a good point. I probably only gave the guy crap about his spelling because I was annoyed. But isn't there a line of decent behavior we should expect from marketers? And if there is any line at all, I think this rep stepped way over it by calling for critical (and, in this case, very funny) posts to be deleted by management.

For the record: I've used WB cams, and liked them fine. My beef wasn't with the product, but with the style of marketing.

Partner j_ung

May 4, 2010, 12:26 PM
Post #32 of 55 (5912 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dugl33] Wired Bliss Cams are Back!!! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dugl33 wrote:
Crack_Addict_Ty wrote:
Always exciting to see more selection is climbing gear. Couple things though: What sort of QC testing and approvals does your equipment go through? I think proving your quality is going to be your biggest hurdle, so any information you can give regarding QA/QC is going to be paramount to the success of your product.

I've been "QC testing" their tcus for about twenty years. The workmanship on the original wired bliss tcus was remarkable, better than anything else made at the time (or since). These puppies just keep on rolling. Glad to hear they're back.

Aye, same here. I just retired a .4 TCU that's been on my rack since, like, 1995. I'm utterly psyched to hear you cats are cobbling cams again!

edge

May 4, 2010, 1:15 PM
Post #33 of 55 (5894 views)
Shortcut

Re: [j_ung] Wired Bliss Cams are Back!!! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I am sorry, but whenever I see the name "Wired Bliss," I picture an ad in an old edition of Climbing with some dude with his hair being blown up from below. In fact, I found that dude to be majorly creepy.

I could not shell out hard earned cash for anything associated with the creepy dude.

billcoe_

May 4, 2010, 3:19 PM
Post #34 of 55 (5843 views)
Shortcut

Re: [edge] Wired Bliss Cams are Back!!! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

How about this one then?

.....probably even get Angry to buy a set.

Partner j_ung

May 4, 2010, 3:49 PM
Post #35 of 55 (5820 views)
Shortcut

Re: [billcoe_] Wired Bliss Cams are Back!!! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey, isn't that a Metolius?

billcoe_

May 4, 2010, 3:53 PM
Post #36 of 55 (5814 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

shhhhh, don't harsh the fantasy.....

wonderwoman

May 4, 2010, 4:06 PM
Post #37 of 55 (5805 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

j_ung wrote:
Hey, isn't that a Metolius?

Hey, isn't that billcoe_'s butt crack?

JAB

May 4, 2010, 4:10 PM
Post #38 of 55 (5800 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (4 ratings)  
Can't Post

To be honest, it looks like not only the price is the same as in 1995, but also the product. I would seriously consider the Gear4Rocks cams over these, now that they are CE certified and everything.

Partner angry

May 4, 2010, 4:34 PM
Post #39 of 55 (5780 views)
Shortcut

Re: [JAB] Wired Bliss Cams are Back!!! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I actually like the wb design a lot and would love to get some. I've even got this wet dream where wb buys the currently for sale cch shop. I generally end up in some sort of thin crack seizure/orgasm and wake up in a ditch after that.

Still, I have to stick to my ideals. I've outlined what the company must do to win my business. Sturdy boots are not necessary for the kick (though preferred). Maybe the kick could be done with vibram 5 fingers?

billcoe_

May 4, 2010, 5:58 PM
Post #40 of 55 (5729 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wonderwoman] Wired Bliss Cams are Back!!! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

wonderwoman wrote:
Hey, isn't that billcoe_'s butt crack?

Not enough fur or dingleballs.

Nice catch on the underscore at my name end though! Maybe you really are Wonderwoman after all? hmmm.....

_

Partner j_ung

May 4, 2010, 6:29 PM
Post #41 of 55 (5699 views)
Shortcut

Re: [JAB] Wired Bliss Cams are Back!!! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

JAB wrote:
To be honest, it looks like not only the price is the same as in 1995, but also the product.

Don't fix what ain't broke. Unimpressed

kachoong

May 4, 2010, 7:44 PM
Post #42 of 55 (5652 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

So, are the '95 prices still valid? Somewhere I saw $35 for the TCU's but I'm guessing $45 is the actual '95 price. What will they retail at?

http://shop.wiredblissusa.com/

climbs4fun

May 5, 2010, 4:01 AM
Post #43 of 55 (5587 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

adatesman wrote:
Not pointing any fingers, but just FYI some of us actually like having the manufacturers around to field questions about their gear. Perhaps we could, you know, be a bit nicer to them?

Crazy

I'm all for having manufacturers around to field questions about their gear. BUT... this is not their personal advertising playground. Advertisements on this site are to be paid for just like anybody else who wishes to advertise here.

Wiredbliss, you will need to contact ddt to advertise on this site. It is otherwise considered SPAM.

Thanks

guangzhou

May 5, 2010, 4:11 AM
Post #44 of 55 (5581 views)
Shortcut

Re: [climbs4fun] Wired Bliss Cams are Back!!! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

climbs4fun wrote:
adatesman wrote:

Crazy

I'm all for having manufacturers around to field questions about their gear. BUT... this is not their personal advertising playground. Advertisements on this site are to be paid for just like anybody else who wishes to advertise here.

Wiredbliss, you will need to contact ddt to advertise on this site. It is otherwise considered SPAM.

Thanks

Interesting, WB comes here looking for feedback and all of you jump on them for advertising. No wonder this site is full of unreliable information and bashing.

Bolter

May 5, 2010, 4:46 AM
Post #45 of 55 (5558 views)
Shortcut

Re: [climbs4fun] Wired Bliss Cams are Back!!! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

RC.com is all SPAM.

This place is sold "AS IS", NO WARRANTY.

Chock full of errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other defects.

"We enforce this policy to ensure a PROFESSIONAL ENVIRONMENT for the users of the site."

LOL Cool

The IRONY every step of the way.

It is right there in BLACK and WHITE.

Ok, got my popcorn, ready for the show.

Terms of Service (in part)

"(B) Rockclimbing.com is provided on an "as is" basis without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, warranties of title or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, other than those warranties which are implied by and incapable of exclusion, restriction or modification under the laws applicable to this agreement.
(E) In addition to the terms set forth above neither, Rockclimbing.com, nor its affiliates, information providers or content partners shall be liable regardless of the cause or duration, for any errors, inaccuracies, omissions, or other defects in, or untimeliness or unauthenticity of, the information contained within Rockclimbing.com,
(G) Rockclimbing.com reserves the right to refuse service, or parts of the service, or access to the Rockclimbing.com servers, to anyone for any reason. We enforce this policy to ensure a professional environment for the users of the site. We reserve the right to remove or edit any content or cancel any membership without prior notice and without providing a reason."

(This post was edited by Bolter on May 5, 2010, 4:51 AM)

sungam

May 5, 2010, 10:46 AM
Post #46 of 55 (5505 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

adatesman wrote:

Crazy
Yeah, I love it when the manufakterorz hang around here.
I got a couple WB cams on my rack, and I reckon they're pretty damn smooth.

And to the "buy gear4rocks" comment about them being the same as '95. What? Should we avoid buying WC and Metolius PC/TCU's as well? They're designs have barely changed since then.

Angry, that was some funny shit, but I would want a video. You know, so I could watch in HD Slo-Mo the change on his face from surprised WTF is about to happen look to cruched up-squinty eyes "oh god fuck no!" mask of horror and pain.
Just my £0.02

guangzhou

May 7, 2010, 6:05 AM
Post #47 of 55 (5409 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sungam] Wired Bliss Cams are Back!!! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I have to say, I loved the original double stemmed camolots. They we very flexible.

ddt

May 7, 2010, 3:09 PM
Post #48 of 55 (5358 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I removed some of the original posts from this thread, which were against the forum rules (advertising/spam).

DDT

Bolter

May 7, 2010, 5:24 PM
Post #49 of 55 (5310 views)
Shortcut

Re: [ddt] Wired Bliss Cams are Back!!! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Don't for get the rest of the posts that violate "The Rules".
90 percent or RC will be gone.

The "Golden Rule" is in effect for discussions on Rockclimbing.com: Treat others as you would wish to be treated.

We ask that you be professional and polite and respect our intention to create a friendly and inclusive environment.

The Forum Rules:

1. No personal attacks.
2. No pedophilia.
3. No advertising in the forums.
4. Post to the correct forum and stay on topic.

Personal attacks and hate posts will not be tolerated in any forum. Personal attacks on another user are a great way to earn some time off, as is posting inflammatory material specifically to provoke a negative response from someone (aka trolling). If you are unclear about what a 'troll' is, a description can be found here. We consider threats of physical violence, be they veiled or otherwise, to be one of the most egregious violations of this rule.

(This post was edited by Bolter on May 7, 2010, 6:04 PM)

acorneau

May 7, 2010, 8:02 PM
Post #50 of 55 (5374 views)
Shortcut

Re: [acorneau] Wired Bliss Cams are Back!!! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Ok, back to the original topic...

As a Metolius cam user I'm quite interested in the WB TCU's, both because of the softer lobes and the bigger cam angle than the Metolius TCU's.

However, my big problem would be with the colors. You know, they don't match my outfits. Laugh

Actually, like any trad climber worth his/her salt I've memorized the color coding to the size of the cams. Unfortunately, the blue WB is almost exactly the same as the purple Metolius, the yellow WB is the same as the Metolius blue, the red WB is the Metolius yellow, etc...

This would really mess with my mind. I'd probably end up having to cut off the perfectly-good slings on the new WB's and have new ones sewn on to match my known color/sizing.

Oh well. Unsure

(This post was edited by acorneau on May 13, 2010, 4:48 PM)

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook