RSS FeedRSS Feeds for General

Premier Sponsor:

jajen

May 28, 2010, 6:14 PM
Post #1 of 5 (572 views)
Shortcut

Draws stolen at Bridge Buttress - NRG
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Kind sucks. Logged a little flight time above the crux on Team Machine yesterday, 5/27, before the sun got on it and by the time I lowered the sun came over the top so we left the three draws there until late in the day when it's climable again and went over to the North Bridge wall. Came back maybe 5 hours later and the draws were goneMad. Some group climbed Easily Flakey and nicked the draws while lowering. Not a huge deal, 2 of the draws are seriously old school lime green and yellow Petzl dg's with a purple Hotwire and one was a brand new BD Hotwire draw, it's just the f*$%@&g principle. Hope the old Petzl's fail!!!

(This post was edited by jajen on May 28, 2010, 6:15 PM)

lostcause

May 28, 2010, 6:24 PM
Post #2 of 5 (557 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jajen] Draws stolen at Bridge Buttress - NRG [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Just curious. How do you know they climbed Easily Flakey and lowered off to get them?

swoopee

May 28, 2010, 6:32 PM
Post #3 of 5 (545 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (4 ratings)  
Can't Post

I left a 35 yr old SMC biner on a route when I bailed on Wed. It had better still be there this weekend.

marc801

May 28, 2010, 6:41 PM
Post #4 of 5 (526 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

jajen wrote:
Kind sucks. Logged a little flight time above the crux on Team Machine yesterday, 5/27, before the sun got on it and by the time I lowered the sun came over the top so we left the three draws there until late in the day when it's climable again and went over to the North Bridge wall. Came back maybe 5 hours later and the draws were goneMad. Some group climbed Easily Flakey and nicked the draws while lowering. Not a huge deal, 2 of the draws are seriously old school lime green and yellow Petzl dg's with a purple Hotwire and one was a brand new BD Hotwire draw, it's just the f*$%@&g principle. Hope the old Petzl's fail!!!
So you're upset that someone removed your abandoned gear?

jajen

May 28, 2010, 7:01 PM
Post #5 of 5 (513 views)
Shortcut

Re: [marc801] Draws stolen at Bridge Buttress - NRG [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Not abandoned numb nuts - overnight maybe but not for the afternoonTongue. The route is not really climable in full sun and there was another party on Easily when we got back that saw the previous group on Easily. Would have been relatively easy to walk around and lower in to get them but would have had to put 'em back up a few hours later anyway. If someone wanted to lead it they would have been welcome to use the draws. Again, not all that bummed, just disappointed by idiots.

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook