RSS FeedRSS Feeds for International

Premier Sponsor:

fabio2079

May 12, 2010, 2:40 PM
Post #1 of 7 (1103 views)
Shortcut

North Italy
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I'm Fabio from Milano.
I'm looking for someone to go for sport climbing with.

okernytskyy

Jun 26, 2010, 11:53 PM
Post #2 of 7 (1004 views)
Shortcut

Re: [fabio2079] North Italy [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I will be in Italy from July 18th until August 15th.
I plan to make acclimatization climb to Gran Pradiso, then my friends will climb mont Blanc du Tacul and Mont Blanc. I do not like there idea to sleep in tents on snow and glaciers and refused to participate in this part. I don't like there plan to use most dangerous route - Gouter route as well.
Will you consider Pope route to Mont Blanc as the sport climb ? I am not sure if I can be your partner, but it will be interested to be in touch and discuss Italian alps routes and options.

pigmentgreen

Jul 8, 2010, 1:19 AM
Post #3 of 7 (945 views)
Shortcut

Re: [okernytskyy] North Italy [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey guys,
I will be taking a trip to italy in august as well. I will primarily be going to a small town in the north called Bormio, just across the border from switzerland. I was hoping to get some climbing done around that area, but have no one to climb with. If you guys are interested, let me know.

yves

Jul 9, 2010, 7:09 PM
Post #4 of 7 (914 views)
Shortcut

Re: [okernytskyy] North Italy [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Just to clarify . What I think is mentioned here as "sport route" means rock climbing with bolted or fixed protection by opposition to "Trad" route with natural or non fixed protection (nuts or cams).

On the issue of the Mt Blanc . The Gouter route is the easiest route and is pretty safe except when you cross the snow/ice gully which is a couple of hundreds meters below the Gouter refuge.

As for the Pope Route (also I think named Grey Needle route or route des aiguilles grises), it is rather technical not only because the glacier can be heavily crevassed and rather steep when you get near the ridge but because you are climbing on the Bionassay ridge, which is quite narrow and very exposed on both sides. You need to have a very reliable partner in case you make the wrong foot move .

Hope this helps and my apologies if I am not right about the Pope Ratti being the Aig Grise route . Otherwise, it is a fantastic route but it needs good alpine experience.

Have a great climb, Yves.

okernytskyy

Jul 9, 2010, 8:08 PM
Post #5 of 7 (909 views)
Shortcut

Re: [yves] North Italy [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Thanks you very match for very valuable information about Mt. Blanc routes.

lale

Jul 11, 2010, 9:33 PM
Post #6 of 7 (895 views)
Shortcut

Adult Content
This post contains nudity or adult content. To protect the innocent we require that you register and turn off your Adult Content Filter to read it.

lale

Jul 11, 2010, 9:39 PM
Post #7 of 7 (890 views)
Shortcut

Re: [fabio2079] North Italy [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hİ İ FROM TURKEY BUT STİLL LİVİNG İN MANTOVA .THİS AGUST İ WİLL BE FREE I DONT HAVE LOT MONEY BUT NOT IMPORTANT FOR WHERE I WİLL SLEEP İ CAN SLEEP WİTH MY SLEEPİNG OUT side TOO .İ AM 26 YEARS OLD GİRL . İ CAN CLİMB 6A 6B NOT VERY HARD FOR ME BUT İ CAN TRY 7A 7A + TOO MY MAİK ADRESS bernaavar@gmail.com İ CAN SPEAK İTALLIONE TOO

Forums : Climbing Partners : International

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook