Premier Sponsor:

rberrey

Jan 14, 2011, 3:31 PM
Post #1 of 20 (3095 views)
Shortcut

Climbing While Self-Medicated
Report this Post
Can't Post

So... our group got into it a bit with another group who didn't approve of our smoking and drinking while at the crag.

What I want to know is, does if matter, and if it does... am I the asshole for telling them to pound sand?

edge

Jan 14, 2011, 3:36 PM
Post #2 of 20 (3092 views)
Shortcut

Re: [rberrey] Climbing While Self-Medicated [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

For good or bad, climbing has a long standing history of chemical enhancement. If, overnight, all of the climbs that were established under the influence were suddenly considered unclimbed, there'd be a hella lot of stone available now for FAs.

Toast_in_the_Machine

Jan 14, 2011, 4:58 PM
Post #3 of 20 (3079 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

rberrey wrote:
So... our group got into it a bit with another group who didn't approve of our smoking and drinking while at the crag.

What I want to know is, does if matter, and if it does... am I the asshole for telling them to pound sand?

If you are not sure who the asshole is, it is probably you.

Which reminds me of one of my favorite Robin Williams quotes - at least as I remeber it. (remeber when he was funny?):

Cocaine magnifies your personality. Yeah, but what if you are an asshole?

Arrogant_Bastard

Jan 14, 2011, 5:09 PM
Post #4 of 20 (3075 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

rberrey wrote:

You go back and you tell them that the people at Rockclimbing.com said that they're wrong!

Arrogant_Bastard

Jan 14, 2011, 5:12 PM
Post #5 of 20 (3073 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

rberrey wrote:

And for the record, I wouldn't say that you're an asshole for telling them to 'pound sand', I'd just say that you don't know how to dish out a proper insult.

rberrey

Jan 14, 2011, 5:36 PM
Post #6 of 20 (3067 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Arrogant_Bastard] Climbing While Self-Medicated [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
rberrey wrote:

And for the record, I wouldn't say that you're an asshole for telling them to 'pound sand', I'd just say that you don't know how to dish out a proper insult.

Well they were a religious group, so as to not incite peoples beliefs *cringes and waits for the rhetoric to begin* I kept it PC for the forums.

And yes... I am an Asshole, but I needed to know if that took me beyond my normal range to a new form

Arrogant_Bastard

Jan 14, 2011, 5:43 PM
Post #7 of 20 (3060 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

rberrey wrote:
Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
rberrey wrote:

Well they were a religious group, so as to not incite peoples beliefs *cringes and waits for the rhetoric to begin* I kept it PC for the forums.

And yes... I am an Asshole, but I needed to know if that took me beyond my normal range to a new form

Oh, in that case, well done. You should have stood next to them for an hour trying to convert them to the ways of the dark side.

rberrey

Jan 14, 2011, 5:47 PM
Post #8 of 20 (3058 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hell I may as well have had the plague.

Though I will say I laughed my ass off after one of their guys took a pretty sad whipper on a low 10 and screamed GOSH!!! after plowing his shin into a nice flake.

GEE WHIZZ THAT SMARTS!!!

Arrogant_Bastard

Jan 14, 2011, 5:49 PM
Post #9 of 20 (3057 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

rberrey wrote:
Hell I may as well have had the plague.

Though I will say I laughed my ass off after one of their guys took a pretty sad whipper on a low 10 and screamed GOSH!!! after plowing his shin into a nice flake.

GEE WHIZZ THAT SMARTS!!!

If he was a better Christian he wouldn't have fallen.

jeepnphreak

Jan 14, 2011, 5:58 PM
Post #10 of 20 (3054 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

rberrey wrote:

A long as I don't leave your beer cans and cig butts at the craig, I dont care what you do.

rberrey

Jan 14, 2011, 6:01 PM
Post #11 of 20 (3052 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jeepnphreak] Climbing While Self-Medicated [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

jeepnphreak wrote:
rberrey wrote:

A long as I don't leave your beer cans and cig butts at the craig, I dont care what you do.

Nah man we ditched em all with Craig. That guy is a douche and deserves all he gets!

But yes... The area was cleaner when we left.

My issue is simply one group telling another group how to act. And we were already half drunk before they even made it up to the crag in the morning!!

Partner macherry

Jan 14, 2011, 6:04 PM
Post #12 of 20 (3051 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

rberrey wrote:

do you really give a shit? you're not climbing with them

erisspirit

Jan 14, 2011, 6:05 PM
Post #13 of 20 (3049 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jeepnphreak] Climbing While Self-Medicated [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

jeepnphreak wrote:
rberrey wrote:

+1

I had to put out a dry bush once that some asshole threw his cigarette butt into at the crag. Would rather people NOT set the area on fire.

Arrogant_Bastard

Jan 14, 2011, 6:07 PM
Post #14 of 20 (3048 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

rberrey wrote:
But yes... The area was cleaner when we left.

I'm sure it was.

Kevthecoffeeguy

Jan 14, 2011, 6:22 PM
Post #15 of 20 (3034 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

rberrey wrote:
Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
rberrey wrote:

As a christian I say it was none of their bussyness( THIS typo intended) unless you made it their bussyness. were you gooned and offering them a belay?were you partaking in front of their kids? really foul languge infront of their kids? if the ansewr is no to those and other things that would be comparable. Then my answer to you is you might very well be an asshole, but not in this case. although i can not say the same for them.
Ok sure i look at thing different than most . I am a christian that actually prays that God will save us from religion. :)

wjca

Jan 14, 2011, 8:39 PM
Post #16 of 20 (3014 views)
Shortcut

Re: [erisspirit] Climbing While Self-Medicated [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

erisspirit wrote:
jeepnphreak wrote:
rberrey wrote:

+1

I had to put out a dry bush once that some asshole threw his cigarette butt into at the crag. Would rather people NOT set the area on fire.

I would have peed on it. How did you manage?

Arrogant_Bastard

Jan 14, 2011, 8:59 PM
Post #17 of 20 (3007 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wjca] Climbing While Self-Medicated [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

wjca wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
jeepnphreak wrote:
rberrey wrote:

+1

erisspirit

Jan 14, 2011, 9:24 PM
Post #18 of 20 (3002 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
wjca wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
jeepnphreak wrote:
rberrey wrote:

+1

[image]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31G0W5JFVXL._SL500_AA300_.jpg[/image]

also good for writing your name in the snow

Kartessa

Jan 14, 2011, 11:58 PM
Post #19 of 20 (2980 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

They can go "Frig" themselves. And if you have this problem again, just offer them a hit off the bong and tell them to chill the fuck out.

curt

Jan 15, 2011, 2:37 AM
Post #20 of 20 (2971 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

rberrey wrote:

You might be. Next time tell them to "please" pound sand and you'll be in the clear.

Curt

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook