Forums: Climbing Information: Beginners:
Just got new climbing shoes, but they're hurting me!
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Beginners

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

jt512

Jan 22, 2011, 5:03 AM
Post #26 of 35 (1425 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Robert_Paulson] Just got new climbing shoes, but they're hurting me! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  

Robert_Paulson wrote:
I'll play devil's advocate. Is it possible that wearing sloppy but comfortable shoes could be detrimental to learning good footwork?

OMFG! It's taken over a decade, but someone has finally agreed with me about beginner shoes!

Jay

(This post was edited by jt512 on Jan 22, 2011, 5:04 AM)

jt512

Jan 22, 2011, 5:22 AM
Post #27 of 35 (1416 views)
Shortcut

Re: [enigma] Just got new climbing shoes, but they're hurting me! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  

enigma wrote:
socalclimber wrote:
enigma wrote:
socalclimber wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
enigma wrote:
socalclimber wrote:
curt wrote:
enigma wrote:
uni_jim wrote:
soak them in warm water and em wear them until they are dry(ish). Hang out on the couch or watch a movie or something so you don't end up walking around a lot.

I almost always soak new shoes. The next time I put them on, It's like they are a few weeks old, but with BRAND FREAKIN' NEW RUBBER! Woot!
Enjoy!

If he does that they arent going to take them back.

If he does that he won't have to take them back.

Curt

Ain't that the truth. Shoo is 100% on the spot.

On the other hand taking advice from Enigma regarding climbing is a bad idea. This is a person who came into Nomad Ventures a while back, brought in a rope with bad core damage, and asked for advice. At the time there were probably five locals standing around with a ton of time under their belts telling her the rope was in bad shape. Then she started to argue with us.

I left.

Is this the best you can do to drum up beginner climbers that need a guide for 250 dollars a day? Dosen't your company advertise ? You probably don't get many referrals either. Shocked

I did buy a new rope anyway. Thanks for your interest.

Crazy

How nice for you! Great, after arguing with us you finally relented and bought a new rope. There was probably 150 years of climbing experience in the shop that day nicely trying to inform that the rope was shot. What did you do?

Argue.

After a several year hiatus from this site, you still have learned nothing. You still insist on dispensing information and advice you clearly have no business offering in the beginners forum.

As far as my guiding goes, I do just fine thank you. I get return customers and I get referrals. I get excellent tips and I get compliments with my patience with clients. I put a lot of time into my clients and work with them to ensure they are getting more than what they pay for.

You are so transparent, it obvious you are looking for beginner climbers to give you $250 dollars a day a day .
Not to mention I was in a climbing shop that sells ropes and shoes.
I also know Nomad helps desperate climbing guides to find business. Wink

Off your meds again eh? Apparently Lithium wasn't the wonder drug they billed it to be...

Good night!

No Other Guides Come looking for business on Climbing Sites- especially with your method- Appealing to beginners for justification of complaining about a stupid rope from years ago.
Can't you just go home and satisfy your wife?
Or Go have a beer somewhere.
No beginner wants to pay $250 a day for a guide here. Especially for 3 days.
If you have so many referrals get on the phone and call them. If you can't get business with all you have available, a climbing store, living in the area etc. You must be really a loser.
I know Nomad gets business from guides, and guides gets business from climbing shops. I'm sure there is a financial payback .
Be honest
Try having some integrity.
So what I didn't buy a rope right away. Maybe I got one at a better store or online . Or perhaps at a better price. FYI- I got a better rope at half the price!!!
There are hundreds of ropes around. As well as guides. Wink You started this stupid rope comment. You come across weak and insecure!!
If not for yourself at least to keep the image up of the company you work for intact.
I hope for your sake your boss dosen't read rockclimbing.com.
Or find a more suitable profession with your warm , sweet disposition.
I doubt any one would want to climb with a guide with such critical and nasty remarks. You true dark side is for all to see here. You really have blown this rope thing way out of proportion. It was a non-event. Just like you Nothing.
I can post on the beginner forum or anywhere else I feel so inclined.

My vote for Ironic Sentence of the Month.

Jay

milesenoell

Jan 22, 2011, 6:32 AM
Post #28 of 35 (1409 views)
Shortcut

Re: [enigma] Just got new climbing shoes, but they're hurting me! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  

enigma wrote:
socalclimber wrote:
enigma wrote:
socalclimber wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
enigma wrote:
socalclimber wrote:
curt wrote:
enigma wrote:
uni_jim wrote:
soak them in warm water and em wear them until they are dry(ish). Hang out on the couch or watch a movie or something so you don't end up walking around a lot.

I almost always soak new shoes. The next time I put them on, It's like they are a few weeks old, but with BRAND FREAKIN' NEW RUBBER! Woot!
Enjoy!

Curt

On the other hand taking advice from Enigma regarding climbing is a bad idea. This is a person who came into Nomad Ventures a while back, brought in a rope with bad core damage, and asked for advice. At the time there were probably five locals standing around with a ton of time under their belts telling her the rope was in bad shape. Then she started to argue with us.

I left.

Is this the best you can do to drum up beginner climbers that need a guide for 250 dollars a day? Dosen't your company advertise ? You probably don't get many referrals either. Shocked

Crazy

How nice for you! Great, after arguing with us you finally relented and bought a new rope. There was probably 150 years of climbing experience in the shop that day nicely trying to inform that the rope was shot. What did you do?

Argue.

After a several year hiatus from this site, you still have learned nothing. You still insist on dispensing information and advice you clearly have no business offering in the beginners forum.

As far as my guiding goes, I do just fine thank you. I get return customers and I get referrals. I get excellent tips and I get compliments with my patience with clients. I put a lot of time into my clients and work with them to ensure they are getting more than what they pay for.

You are so transparent, it obvious you are looking for beginner climbers to give you $250 dollars a day a day .

Off your meds again eh? Apparently Lithium wasn't the wonder drug they billed it to be...

Good night!

No Other Guides Come looking for business on Climbing Sites- especially with your method- Appealing to beginners for justification of complaining about a stupid rope from years ago.
If you have so many referrals get on the phone and call them. If you can't get business with all you have available, a climbing store, living in the area etc. You must be really a loser.
I know Nomad gets business from guides, and guides gets business from climbing shops. I'm sure there is a financial payback .
Be honest
So what I didn't buy a rope right away. Maybe I got one at a better store or online . Or perhaps at a better price. FYI- I got a better rope at half the price!!!
There are hundreds of ropes around. As well as guides. Wink You started this stupid rope comment. You come across weak and insecure!!
If not for yourself at least to keep the image up of the company you work for intact.
I doubt any one would want to climb with a guide with such critical and nasty remarks. You true dark side is for all to see here. You really have blown this rope thing way out of proportion. It was a non-event. Just like you Nothing.

Seriously?!

socalclimber

Jan 22, 2011, 2:38 PM
Post #29 of 35 (1391 views)
Shortcut

Re: [milesenoell] Just got new climbing shoes, but they're hurting me! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (2 ratings)  

milesenoell wrote:
enigma wrote:
socalclimber wrote:
enigma wrote:
socalclimber wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
enigma wrote:
socalclimber wrote:
curt wrote:
enigma wrote:
uni_jim wrote:

Enjoy!

Curt

I left.

Crazy

Argue.

Good night!

Be honest

Seriously?!

Trust me, she's serious. That's what is so scary.

altelis

Jan 22, 2011, 5:08 PM
Post #30 of 35 (1380 views)
Shortcut

Re: [socalclimber] Just got new climbing shoes, but they're hurting me! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (3 ratings)  

Did you forget to call her the next day or something?

Robert_Paulson

Jan 22, 2011, 6:46 PM
Post #31 of 35 (1369 views)
Shortcut

Re: [socalclimber] Just got new climbing shoes, but they're hurting me! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (4 ratings)  

Can you imagine being a new climber, registering on this site to ask a question, and seeing your request for advice erupt into this mess?

milesenoell

Jan 22, 2011, 7:03 PM
Post #32 of 35 (1363 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Robert_Paulson] Just got new climbing shoes, but they're hurting me! [In reply to]
Report this Post

Robert_Paulson wrote:
Can you imagine being a new climber, registering on this site to ask a question, and seeing your request for advice erupt into this mess?

Well, you can't really say that it reflects an inaccurate image of the site in general can you?

Robert_Paulson

Jan 22, 2011, 7:40 PM
Post #33 of 35 (1353 views)
Shortcut

Re: [milesenoell] Just got new climbing shoes, but they're hurting me! [In reply to]
Report this Post

milesenoell wrote:
Well, you can't really say that it reflects an inaccurate image of the site in general can you?

True.
If someone were to mistakenly try to gauge the general attitude of climbers by looking at RC.com I think they would get a really bad idea of what climbers as a group are actually like.
I remember when I first started climbing. I lurked on this site for a few years. I was amazed at the level of hostility displayed by some of the regular characters. Other forums I've used just don't have this much enmity.
I stuck around because if you can sift through all the BS you can find usable nuggets to compliment your real world experiences... and it is sometimes entertaining to sit back and watch the flames get brighter.
So carry on RC.com forums. You are the Jersey Shore of climbing.

johnwesely

Jan 22, 2011, 8:35 PM
Post #34 of 35 (1341 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jt512] Just got new climbing shoes, but they're hurting me! [In reply to]
Report this Post

jt512 wrote:
Robert_Paulson wrote:
I'll play devil's advocate. Is it possible that wearing sloppy but comfortable shoes could be detrimental to learning good footwork?

OMFG! It's taken over a decade, but someone has finally agreed with me about beginner shoes!

Jay

Actually, someone agreed with you in the very next post.

Partner epoch

Jan 22, 2011, 10:26 PM
Post #35 of 35 (1326 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Gustav0] Just got new climbing shoes, but they're hurting me! [In reply to]
Report this Post

This thread has served its use in this forum and is no longer on topic.

Lets try to keep it civil in here folks.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : Beginners

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook