Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
stolen gear in Chattanooga
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

tagclmrs

May 8, 2011, 2:54 AM
Post #1 of 4 (4676 views)
Shortcut

stolen gear in Chattanooga  (North_America: United_States: Tennessee)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I realize it's likely a lost cause but figure it can't hurt... We were hiking in Prentice Cooper near Suck Creek today and our truck got broken into... window smashed, and an entire climbing pack gone among other things. It was an Arc'teryx Miura pack with a full rack of trad gear (all BD), rope, Evolv shoes, Petzl helmet, grigri... All gear is marked with an email address, or for hardware it's marked with BH etched by a dremel. I know chances of recovery are slim to none, unfortunately, but it feels better to put this out there just in case. All the trad gear was pretty new.
We were parked on a pulloff near Suck Creek entry to Cumberland trail. Thanks...
**Also this is to warn y'all too. We were locked up tight - the gear was on the floor behind the passenger seat, so not easily visible.

(This post was edited by tagclmrs on May 8, 2011, 3:05 AM)

redonkulus

May 8, 2011, 3:32 AM
Post #2 of 4 (4662 views)
Shortcut

Re: [tagclmrs] stolen gear in Chattanooga [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Dude, people really suck. I hope you get your gear back, when you find it next to a body of the asshole that stole it at the bottom of a climb. Ok, that may be a bit morbid, but they should go to jail and become someone's girlfriend.

adam14113

May 8, 2011, 5:17 AM
Post #3 of 4 (4640 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Sending waves of voodoo karma at those assholes.I hope you can track it down, keep an eye on craigslist.

(This post was edited by adam14113 on May 8, 2011, 5:17 AM)

markc

May 8, 2011, 2:40 PM
Post #4 of 4 (4600 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Sorry to hear it. I assume you already filed a police report. It may be worthwhile to contact area pawn shops, any climbing shops in the area, and keep an eye on craigslist. If you have homeowner's or rental insurance, check your policy to see if your gear is covered.

Years ago our car was broken into outside of our house. If it wasn't for the police report and a description of the stolen goods, we never would have received restitution when the kids were eventually caught.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook