Forums: Community: Campground:
You are not wanted here.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 2917 2918 2919 2920 2921 2922 2923 2924 2925 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

caughtinside

Jun 9, 2011, 3:17 PM
Post #73001 of 105309 (4404 views)
Shortcut

Re: [caughtinside] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

stealth paint.

caughtinside

Jun 9, 2011, 3:19 PM
Post #73002 of 105309 (4402 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Will Goops the toes of his moccs with something, I should ask what it is. Some other dudes I know seam gripped all the mocc stitching when they were gnu... seems to help avoid blowouts on the uppers in #3 cracks. I had to pay a little extra to get mine restitched at the shorp.

imnotclever

Jun 9, 2011, 3:52 PM
Post #73003 of 105309 (4391 views)
Shortcut

Re: [drivel] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

drivel wrote:
30 minutes door-to-door on the morning commute, including stop signs and stop lights, ect. 8.1 miles.

gives me an overall average of 16.2mph, though I'm guessing my moving average was more like 17. brar.

Now Jake tells me I'm pathetic.

The stops really will drop the average no matter how you do it. Sounded good to me.

Going through the park really has caused me to slow down. It's part the scenery, part the curves and part not getting the draft from the cars (or really the cars wizzing by keep me focused, rather than "hey, look a turtle")

Partner cracklover

Jun 9, 2011, 4:00 PM
Post #73004 of 105309 (4386 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
cracklover wrote:
jakedatc wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
http://www.rockclimbing.com/...7;page=unread#unread

check out the guy's do it yourself resole. scroll down.

doesn't the resole cost about as much as a pair of madrocks?? hell the stealth paint costs 25 bucks alone

Stealth paint is just ground up stealth rubber and barge cement.

It took me a couple hours of playing online poker and working on an old shoe that had lost its mate to get enough rubber for my own "stealth paint".

What I found to work best was to clamp the shoes to your work surface, and then go at them with the nut grater side on your cheese grater. This one:
[image]http://fantes.com/images/5011nutmeg.jpg[/image]

So now I've got the best thin-crack-shoes ever.

GO

did you goop the top of your moccs?

Close...

In reply to:
Have you seen the supermoccs yet?

I have...

In reply to:
I have not seen them and I have two live pair of moccs and two paper thin holey ones so I am not likely to buy any, but I am curious.

They really are fucking awesome. I'm not really a shoe fetish type, but these were a worthwhile purchase.

I got tired of filling in the holes on my Moccs, so I looked into the Supermoccs. I was at Neptunes for a slide show, and thought I'd try on a pair. They are on sale for 87 bucks, and I liked them a lot, so I bought a pair.

Here's the deal:

They have the new 5.10 Stealth "Mystique" rubber, which allows them to put a thinner sole on the shoe. So they actually have an even thinner toe profile than the Moccs.

They also have a rand that covers one of the two wear spots on the Moccs. Unfortunately, the other is still uncovered, so I "stealth painted" mine.

Here's what they look like now:

Only had one long weekend in them, but extremely happy so far. Closest I've ever felt to real security in green camalot size crack.

GO

(This post was edited by cracklover on Jun 9, 2011, 4:08 PM)

Diphthong

Post #73005 of 105309 (4385 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

drivel wrote:
30 minutes door-to-door on the morning commute, including stop signs and stop lights, ect. 8.1 miles.

gives me an overall average of 16.2mph, though I'm guessing my moving average was more like 17. brar.

CI will approve. Braaarrrrah.

Probibly

Diphthong

Post #73006 of 105309 (4384 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
drivel wrote:

nice.

See.

imnotclever

Jun 9, 2011, 4:11 PM
Post #73007 of 105309 (4377 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Diphthong] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Diphthong wrote:
drivel wrote:

CI will approve. Braaarrrrah.

Probibly

CI does not approve of the work part.

Partner cracklover

Jun 9, 2011, 4:12 PM
Post #73008 of 105309 (4376 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jakedatc] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

jakedatc wrote:
cracklover wrote:
jakedatc wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

doesn't the resole cost about as much as a pair of madrocks?? hell the stealth paint costs 25 bucks alone

It took me a couple hours of playing online poker and working on an old shoe that had lost its mate to get enough rubber for my own "stealth paint".

What I found to work best was to clamp the shoes to your work surface, and then go at them with the nut grater side on your cheese grater. This one:

GO

yea.. but the guy in the thread bought real stuff and a resole kit.. hence why it wasn't a cost effective idea for a pair of shitty mad rocks.

Oh, him. I thought you were talking about doing it yourself.

Yeah, resoling Mad Rocks sounds even sillier than buying them in the first place, and doing it yourself? No way.

GO

caughtinside

Jun 9, 2011, 4:16 PM
Post #73009 of 105309 (4372 views)
Shortcut

Re: [cracklover] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

cracklover wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
cracklover wrote:
jakedatc wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

GO

Close...

In reply to:

I have...

In reply to:
I have not seen them and I have two live pair of moccs and two paper thin holey ones so I am not likely to buy any, but I am curious.

They really are fucking awesome. I'm not really a shoe fetish type, but these were a worthwhile purchase.

I got tired of filling in the holes on my Moccs, so I looked into the Supermoccs. I was at Neptunes for a slide show, and thought I'd try on a pair. They are on sale for 87 bucks, and I liked them a lot, so I bought a pair.

Here's the deal:

They have the new 5.10 Stealth "Mystique" rubber, which allows them to put a thinner sole on the shoe. So they actually have an even thinner toe profile than the Moccs.

They also have a rand that covers one of the two wear spots on the Moccs. Unfortunately, the other is still uncovered, so I "stealth painted" mine.

Only had one long weekend in them, but extremely happy so far. Closest I've ever felt to real security in green camalot size crack.

GO

Damn, those do look sweet. My moccs blow in the same two spots.

What is the story with the mystique? It is 2mm instead of 5mm? It is much harder or wears super tough?

I think I read online somewhere that you can't resole the supermoccs, but maybe that was incorrect... maybe resolers just don't have mystique?

hey camhead, didn't those projects you had have mystique? How was it?

drivel

Jun 9, 2011, 4:21 PM
Post #73010 of 105309 (4369 views)
Shortcut

Re: [imnotclever] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

imnotclever wrote:
drivel wrote:

The stops really will drop the average no matter how you do it. Sounded good to me.

Going through the park really has caused me to slow down. It's part the scenery, part the curves and part not getting the draft from the cars (or really the cars wizzing by keep me focused, rather than "hey, look a turtle")

only about the first half of it is surface roads, the rest is park/riverside trail, which is nice.

edge

Jun 9, 2011, 4:25 PM
Post #73011 of 105309 (4365 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

cracklover wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
cracklover wrote:
jakedatc wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

GO

Close...

In reply to:

I have...

In reply to:

Here's the deal:

[IMG]http://i55.tinypic.com/rcluub.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i54.tinypic.com/1z5st2g.jpg[/IMG]

GO

Hi Gabe!

Is this a shoe thread?

caughtinside

Jun 9, 2011, 4:29 PM
Post #73012 of 105309 (4360 views)
Shortcut

Re: [edge] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

*holds up wooden hand with middle finger extended, gestures at Ledge*

snoopy138

Jun 9, 2011, 4:30 PM
Post #73013 of 105309 (4358 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

you talking about fatchad3?
another fatchad? oh noes.

yes, they run amok on this website. it's unclear whether darkgift is as annoying as fatchad2, but it seems unlikely.

snoopy138

Jun 9, 2011, 4:33 PM
Post #73014 of 105309 (4352 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
*holds up wooden hand with middle finger extended, gestures at Ledge*

this is what you get for replying to teh donnies.

Diphthong

Jun 9, 2011, 4:49 PM
Post #73015 of 105309 (4340 views)
Shortcut

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

you talking about fatchad3?
another fatchad? oh noes.

yes, they run amok on this website. it's unclear whether darkgift is as annoying as fatchad2, but it seems unlikely.

He's not quite to that level yet. Mostly because he's kind of amusing, as he sees himself as a pretty good climber.

Partner cracklover

Jun 9, 2011, 4:56 PM
Post #73016 of 105309 (4336 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
cracklover wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
cracklover wrote:
jakedatc wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

GO

Close...

In reply to:

I have...

In reply to:

Here's the deal:

GO

What is the story with the mystique? It is 2mm instead of 5mm? It is much harder or wears super tough?

I think I read online somewhere that you can't resole the supermoccs, but maybe that was incorrect... maybe resolers just don't have mystique?

Well the industry claim is that the rubber is harder and lasts much longer, but they're as sticky or stickier than Stealth. The jury is still out for me with the former, but I'd agree with the latter. I felt slightly more secure (I size up a full number for my crack shoes) on face holds than I do in my old Moccs. That's probably just because the rubber is newer. So if the claim is true and the rubber really does last a longer too, that would be sweet.

Mostly, though, yeah, it's how thin the soles are that's so nice.

I'm sure that by the time I need a resole, the mystique will be available for resolers.

Waves to Edge.

It's true. You let in just one of them damn darkies and pretty soon the neighborhood is overrun with 'em.

GO

(This post was edited by cracklover on Jun 9, 2011, 4:57 PM)

carabiner96

Jun 9, 2011, 5:01 PM
Post #73017 of 105309 (4331 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

drivel wrote:
yo, 'biner, did you see chief gimp's tee vee spot?

http://www.9news.com/...hing-but-a-good-time
Not yet, my intardnet is being stupid. I read the article, I didn't know he was a founding father of the AF.

Partner epoch

Jun 9, 2011, 5:02 PM
Post #73018 of 105309 (4331 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
*holds up wooden hand with middle finger extended,

gestures at Ledge*

Fixt?

caughtinside

Jun 9, 2011, 5:06 PM
Post #73019 of 105309 (4328 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

cracklover wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
cracklover wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
cracklover wrote:
jakedatc wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

GO

Close...

In reply to:

I have...

In reply to:

Here's the deal:

GO

Well the industry claim is that the rubber is harder and lasts much longer, but they're as sticky or stickier than Stealth. The jury is still out for me with the former, but I'd agree with the latter. I felt slightly more secure (I size up a full number for my crack shoes) on face holds than I do in my old Moccs. That's probably just because the rubber is newer. So if the claim is true and the rubber really does last a longer too, that would be sweet.

Mostly, though, yeah, it's how thin the soles are that's so nice.

I'm sure that by the time I need a resole, the mystique will be available for resolers.

Waves to Edge.

It's true. You let in just one of them damn darkies and pretty soon the neighborhood is overrun with 'em.

GO

Racist!

Partner cracklover

Jun 9, 2011, 5:50 PM
Post #73020 of 105309 (4317 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
cracklover wrote:
Waves to Edge.

GO

Racist!

I bet I'm darker than any of the regulars here. I'm one of them swarthy Mediterranean types. Or it could just be dirt, I'm not sure.

GTongue

(This post was edited by cracklover on Jun 9, 2011, 5:51 PM)

Diphthong

Jun 9, 2011, 5:54 PM
Post #73021 of 105309 (4313 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

cracklover wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
cracklover wrote:
Waves to Edge.

GO

Racist!

I bet I'm darker than any of the regulars here. I'm one of them swarthy Mediterranean types. Or it could just be dirt, I'm not sure.

GTongue

I happen to be black.

caughtinside

Jun 9, 2011, 5:57 PM
Post #73022 of 105309 (4310 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Diphthong wrote:
cracklover wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
cracklover wrote:
Waves to Edge.

GO

Racist!

GTongue

I happen to be black.

And we got Gbagbo.

imnotclever

Jun 9, 2011, 5:58 PM
Post #73023 of 105309 (4310 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Diphthong wrote:
cracklover wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
cracklover wrote:
Waves to Edge.

GO

Racist!

GTongue

I happen to be black.

I heard part of a story on npr this morning how the palestianins have taken your musik and are adapting it.

caughtinside

Post #73024 of 105309 (4346 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

pee tee eff tee dubbleyews.

caughtinside

Post #73025 of 105309 (4345 views)
Shortcut

Re: [imnotclever] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

load

First page Previous page 1 ... 2917 2918 2919 2920 2921 2922 2923 2924 2925 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook