Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

clee03m

Jul 22, 2011, 3:59 AM
Post #26 of 35 (1857 views)
Shortcut

Re: [cloud9climber] Double standards for climbing parents [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I have the same harness for my son. They are pretty adjustable and nice. I also bought the petzl helmet which can double as climbing and biking helmet.

My son didn't seem too keen on hanging by a harness last time we tried... I'm hoping to organize a family climbing day with other toddlers and hope that he would become more interested?

I'm finding that I don't climb as much as I had hoped, but none of that is due to a double standard. Just realities of parenthood. My husband gets absolutely less time for his hobbies than me, but as far as I know, he is OK with that. We are just both doing the best we can.

klopik

Jul 23, 2011, 4:34 AM
Post #27 of 35 (1835 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Thank you ladies!
Thats the one we were thinking off, so we will buy it next REI 20% sale :)

kickasssoprano

Jul 24, 2011, 12:57 AM
Post #28 of 35 (1809 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Very timely that this thread was resurrected now. As many of you know, my first pregnancy ended in miscarriage at 14 weeks, 5 days. I am now 15 weeks pregnant and all seems to be going very well this time. I am not as worried my lack of climbing this time around, just focusing on my baby and hoping that this one grows to term. Thank you all for your advice (I look forward to taking my baby bouldering- if all goes well and I have one in January). I think that post was heavily influenced by hormones and a gym mate who seems to be at the gym every day while his wife stays home with their 4 children under the age of 4. To each his own though. My husband and I have completely different priorities with regards to the pregnancy and the baby than we did last time. Interesting info re: kids harnesses too.
Thanks again.

cloud9climber

Jul 24, 2011, 6:05 AM
Post #29 of 35 (1800 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kickasssoprano] Double standards for climbing parents [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

So sorry about your prior m/c. I had one too before having my Son. You'll be climbing with your little one in the Summer of 2013. How cool is that?!?!? Best of luck!!
In reply to:

Partner macherry

Jul 25, 2011, 3:43 AM
Post #30 of 35 (1785 views)
Shortcut

Re: [clee03m] Double standards for climbing parents [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

clee03m wrote:
I have the same harness for my son. They are pretty adjustable and nice. I also bought the petzl helmet which can double as climbing and biking helmet.

My son didn't seem too keen on hanging by a harness last time we tried... I'm hoping to organize a family climbing day with other toddlers and hope that he would become more interested?

I'm finding that I don't climb as much as I had hoped, but none of that is due to a double standard. Just realities of parenthood. My husband gets absolutely less time for his hobbies than me, but as far as I know, he is OK with that. We are just both doing the best we can.

i would check into that. bike helmets have different padding and are made for biking

klopik

Jul 25, 2011, 7:04 PM
Post #31 of 35 (1754 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kickasssoprano] Double standards for climbing parents [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

kickasssoprano wrote:
Very timely that this thread was resurrected now. As many of you know, my first pregnancy ended in miscarriage at 14 weeks, 5 days. I am now 15 weeks pregnant and all seems to be going very well this time. I am not as worried my lack of climbing this time around, just focusing on my baby and hoping that this one grows to term. Thank you all for your advice (I look forward to taking my baby bouldering- if all goes well and I have one in January). I think that post was heavily influenced by hormones and a gym mate who seems to be at the gym every day while his wife stays home with their 4 children under the age of 4. To each his own though. My husband and I have completely different priorities with regards to the pregnancy and the baby than we did last time. Interesting info re: kids harnesses too.
Thanks again.

So sorry to hear about your m/c. And best of luck with the pregnancy!!! Take it easy and enjoy it!!!

On another subject - 4 under 4?????? ouch...

clee03m

Jul 26, 2011, 2:56 PM
Post #32 of 35 (1733 views)
Shortcut

Re: [macherry] Double standards for climbing parents [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

From Petzl:
Petzl Picchu Children's Climbing & Cycling Helmet
Helmet meets multiple standards: Climbing (CE EN 12492 / UIAA). European cycling (CE EN 1078). US cycling (CPSC safety standard - cycling helmets for five-year-olds and older)

It is very big though. It is almost as big as my helmet and I have a very large head. My son doesnt seem to mind it much, well, not any more than any other hat.

Partner macherry

Jul 26, 2011, 3:58 PM
Post #33 of 35 (1726 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

clee03m wrote:
From Petzl:
Helmet meets multiple standards: Climbing (CE EN 12492 / UIAA). European cycling (CE EN 1078). US cycling (CPSC safety standard - cycling helmets for five-year-olds and older)

It is very big though. It is almost as big as my helmet and I have a very large head. My son doesnt seem to mind it much, well, not any more than any other hat.

i did not know that.

damienclimber

Jul 27, 2011, 1:07 AM
Post #34 of 35 (1692 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

clee03m wrote:
From Petzl:

Might want to check out if you bundle of joy has 666 on his scalp under his hair. Shocked

kiwiprincess

Jul 27, 2011, 4:13 AM
Post #35 of 35 (1680 views)
Shortcut

Re: [macherry] Double standards for climbing parents [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

It's more the shape of the head that changes rather than the diameter. They are pretty much the same size as a small Elios say but much more round rather than oval...Weird!

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : The Ladies' Room

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook