Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Couloirman

Sep 2, 2011, 9:12 PM
Post #26 of 35 (3367 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jedwio] Need advice/suggestions on crag bag [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

My Sack from Pusher just arrived and I loaded it up with all my gear for a trip to Rumney this weekend. I can already tell this thing is a winner. If you want a new crag bag, look no further. The only complaint I have is the logo is giant. I am going to order a second one if I can get it made sterile with no logo. That is how much I like this bag.

EDIT: OK, it is a great bag but it is hit or miss for some. If it fits your body type youll be fine. I like the way it carries but some of my friends absolutely hate it. The arm straps are not very adjustable. I might like my BD Demon duffel better but the pusher sack is a lot bigger so depends on how much stuff you need to carry.

(This post was edited by Couloirman on Sep 12, 2011, 3:20 AM)

tower_climber

Sep 4, 2011, 10:05 PM
Post #27 of 35 (3339 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jedwio] Need advice/suggestions on crag bag [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Check out the Mammut Neon Gear 45 pack.

http://www.rei.com/product/798183/mammut-neon-gear-45-climbing-pack

I really like mine for day trips.

Brickyardgreg

Sep 6, 2011, 3:10 AM
Post #28 of 35 (3316 views)
Shortcut

Re: [tower_climber] Need advice/suggestions on crag bag [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I like the bd demon duffle. Fits lots of gear and is easy on the wallet. Love the duffle opening. Depending on your budget you may want a pack with more features.

desertdude420

Sep 6, 2011, 8:46 PM
Post #29 of 35 (3289 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Brickyardgreg] Need advice/suggestions on crag bag [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

My favorite crag bag is still a smaller sized haul bag. Especially in the desert southwest where you often carry a ton of camming units and two ropes on most days. A haul bag is never going wear out, tare, blow out a seem, or let your hardware poke into your back like a soft pack will. It's a "wearable bucket" for your gear!

crackers

Sep 15, 2011, 2:28 AM
Post #30 of 35 (3245 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sungam] Need advice/suggestions on crag bag [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
Meh, as far as I am concerned those fold open packs can sukkit. I don't like unversitile products. Give me a Cilo 40 any day.

shit. I won't finish my current projects then. damn it. crap.

chilli

Sep 15, 2011, 3:32 AM
Post #31 of 35 (3240 views)
Shortcut

Re: [gmggg] Need advice/suggestions on crag bag [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

bit of a tangential thread-jack...

many moons ago, when i did a lot of backpacking, Dana design was making custom-molded panels for their packs. even someone else's pack was more comfortable on long treks than any other pack, not to mention your own.

Dana has since changed hands many times and (i think) ended up under Marmot, who has no such thing to my knowledge.

Has another company picked up the idea or has that technology fallen by the wayside as well?

sungam

Sep 16, 2011, 9:57 AM
Post #32 of 35 (3204 views)
Shortcut

Re: [crackers] Need advice/suggestions on crag bag [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

crackers wrote:
sungam wrote:
Meh, as far as I am concerned those fold open packs can sukkit. I don't like unversitile products. Give me a Cilo 40 any day.

shit. I won't finish my current projects then. damn it. crap.
It's true, you have reached the pinnacle of pack making. The Cilo 40 is the ultimate. Your life's work is complete, and you are no longer needed. You small personal niche has been filled with a cunning mix of NWD and dee-clips, and there is no more room for crackers.

Sorry , brah, I hate being the bearer of bad news, but you brought this on yourself.

Tongue

damienclimber

Sep 16, 2011, 9:48 PM
Post #33 of 35 (3179 views)
Shortcut

Re: [gmggg] Need advice/suggestions on crag bag [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

gmggg wrote:
garythenuke wrote:
Couloirman wrote:
garythenuke wrote:
The pusher looks awesome. Exactly what I need. Except that it looks like it can only be carried suit case style.Unsure At least that is all they have on the web site. Can you carry it on your back?

Sounds like you can.

http://rockandice.com/.../805-pusher-the-sack

I just ordered one though so Ill let you know in a bit!
Well I'll be danged. I didn't see the back strap pics. I'll be very interested to hear what you have to write about it. please do a review.
Thanks in advance.

It's pretty awesome. As I said upthread it carries surprisingly well for a backpack of this style. It's a breeze to move around the crag, and I've used the rope bucket configuration a ton.

I love it.

So many man bags/purses to choose from, get two!

billcoe_

Sep 19, 2011, 10:43 PM
Post #34 of 35 (3123 views)
Shortcut

Re: [desertdude420] Need advice/suggestions on crag bag [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

desertdude420 wrote:
My favorite crag bag is still a smaller sized haul bag. Especially in the desert southwest where you often carry a ton of camming units and two ropes on most days. A haul bag is never going wear out, tare, blow out a seem, or let your hardware poke into your back like a soft pack will. It's a "wearable bucket" for your gear!

the Cilogear Hauly is exactly that. EXCEPT MUCH MORE COMFORTABLE! http://www.rockclimbing.com/...orum_view_collapsed;

ncrockclimber

Sep 20, 2011, 3:02 PM
Post #35 of 35 (3098 views)
Shortcut

Re: [chilli] Need advice/suggestions on crag bag [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

chilli wrote:
bit of a tangential thread-jack...

many moons ago, when i did a lot of backpacking, Dana design was making custom-molded panels for their packs. even someone else's pack was more comfortable on long treks than any other pack, not to mention your own.

Dana has since changed hands many times and (i think) ended up under Marmot, who has no such thing to my knowledge.

Has another company picked up the idea or has that technology fallen by the wayside as well?

Not sure about the custom molded panels, but Dana Gleason (owner and brains behind Dana Designs) has a new company called Mystery Ranch. I have not used one of their packs, but from all I have heard they make some of the best backpacks for carrying heavy to huge loads.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : Gear Heads

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook