Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Skot433

Mar 12, 2012, 2:39 AM
Post #1 of 33 (13989 views)
Shortcut

home made gear, whata' ya think Pete..?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

1/8" SS Cable for 2:1 Hauling Ratchet

with 'softened' eyes

(This post was edited by Skot433 on Mar 12, 2012, 7:25 PM)
Attachments: 429826_10150735720072754_672642753_11580559_1545216968_n.jpg (83.0 KB)
  428229_10150734529467754_1882997012_a.jpg (14.3 KB)

USnavy

Mar 12, 2012, 6:38 AM
Post #2 of 33 (13921 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Skot433] home made gear, whata' ya think Pete..? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I dont think PTPP comes on here much anymore. But my guess is that he would be happy to see this.

(This post was edited by USnavy on Mar 12, 2012, 6:46 AM)

sungam

Mar 12, 2012, 3:36 PM
Post #3 of 33 (13814 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Pete got the banz, but that looks a nice little piece of kit you made.

potreroed

Mar 12, 2012, 3:59 PM
Post #4 of 33 (13796 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Excellent, well done.

Skot433

Mar 12, 2012, 4:07 PM
Post #5 of 33 (13790 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I didn't really think Pete would see this, it was more a cheap ploy to spark interest...

Thanks for the positive comments...

USnavy

Mar 14, 2012, 11:26 AM
Post #6 of 33 (13613 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sungam] home made gear, whata' ya think Pete..? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (2 ratings)  
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
The banz? Doubt it, I think he realized how rc.com rolls and decided he has better things to do. Thats pretty much the conclusion most people make, I dont see many of the regulars from the last few years on here anymore.

(This post was edited by USnavy on Mar 14, 2012, 11:27 AM)

granite_grrl

Mar 14, 2012, 2:53 PM
Post #7 of 33 (13572 views)
Shortcut

Re: [USnavy] home made gear, whata' ya think Pete..? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

USnavy wrote:
sungam wrote:
The banz? Doubt it, I think he realized how rc.com rolls and decided he has better things to do. Thats pretty much the conclusion most people make, I dont see many of the regulars from the last few years on here anymore.
Wow, mister barely been on here for more than 4 years talking about the "good ol' days"!

I couldn't remember when Pete dissapeared from RC.com but a quick glance at his profile tells me Dec 2003....a little before your time, wouldn't ya say?

Wasn't super involved in RC.com at the time but I do seem to remember the banz hammer being swung around at that time.

sungam

Mar 14, 2012, 3:36 PM
Post #8 of 33 (13560 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

USnavy wrote:
sungam wrote:
Well I do have a long history of making things up.

Edit: typo.

(This post was edited by sungam on Mar 14, 2012, 3:38 PM)

olympicmtnboy

Mar 14, 2012, 3:48 PM
Post #9 of 33 (13551 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Post it up on the Supertopo forums if you want Pete to see it, or get some real wall climber notice. Looks nice although I've always just used a really short tied sling doubled up.

jt512

Mar 14, 2012, 4:49 PM
Post #10 of 33 (13529 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

USnavy wrote:
sungam wrote:

He was, in fact, banned.

Jay

chadnsc

Mar 15, 2012, 3:11 PM
Post #11 of 33 (13457 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jt512] home made gear, whata' ya think Pete..? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

jt512 wrote:
USnavy wrote:
sungam wrote:

He was, in fact, banned.

Jay

Yup, pervert-PTPP was banzed. It was a bit before my time but those us that know why aren't allowed to say anything about it here less we also get the threat of perma-banz.

Just ask Curt.

Partner camhead

Mar 15, 2012, 5:24 PM
Post #12 of 33 (13427 views)
Shortcut

Re: [chadnsc] home made gear, whata' ya think Pete..? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

chadnsc wrote:
jt512 wrote:
USnavy wrote:
sungam wrote:

He was, in fact, banned.

Jay

Yup, pervert-PTPP was banzed. It was a bit before my time but those us that know why aren't allowed to say anything about it here less we also get the threat of perma-banz.

Just ask Curt.

Dude, this was a long time ago (like, 2001-2002), but the first of PTPP's bans was because he made inappropriate comments to a teenage girl on this site. As the shit was hitting the fan, he sent out dozens of PMs to users, basically saying "rally around me! you're either for me or against me! attack rrradam!"

And yeah, US Navy has no depth whatsoever, but we all knew that already.

chadnsc

Mar 15, 2012, 5:35 PM
Post #13 of 33 (13419 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] home made gear, whata' ya think Pete..? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Yup, that's what I was refering to.

When I first joined the site in 2003 there was a big ruckus about PTPP and the young girl was brought up. PTPP was perma banned for something else. People asked why and the Mods got pissed when some users brought up what had happened. I belive the phrase 'we've handeled this internally so stop talking about it' was muttered by a lot of the mods. Some didn't listen and time outs where given.

Rudmin

Mar 15, 2012, 6:04 PM
Post #14 of 33 (13407 views)
Shortcut

Re: [chadnsc] home made gear, whata' ya think Pete..? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

chadnsc wrote:
Yup, that's what I was refering to.

When I first joined the site in 2003 there was a big ruckus about PTPP and the young girl was brought up. PTPP was perma banned for something else. People asked why and the Mods got pissed when some users brought up what had happened. I belive the phrase 'we've handeled this internally so stop talking about it' was muttered by a lot of the mods. Some didn't listen and time outs where given.

Had a person at the climbing gym sign their waiver's first name as "Pass the Pitons Pete". I just circled the Pete part and put it into the computer. He was definitely a kooky character.

healyje

Mar 15, 2012, 6:37 PM
Post #15 of 33 (13393 views)
Shortcut

Re: [olympicmtnboy] home made gear, whata' ya think Pete..? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

olympicmtnboy wrote:
Post it up on the Supertopo forums ...

It's a pretty tough crowd over there for this sort of thing...

USnavy

Mar 16, 2012, 10:48 AM
Post #16 of 33 (13311 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] home made gear, whata' ya think Pete..? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (3 ratings)  
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
chadnsc wrote:
jt512 wrote:
USnavy wrote:
sungam wrote:

He was, in fact, banned.

Jay

Just ask Curt.

I may not know anything about his rc.com account, but I have climbed with PTPP in Yosemite. Granted I dident do a full wall with him, I just climbed a few pitches with him on El Cap, but he did not strike me as the big shit talker type. He was pretty chill and self-contained, despite being the single most experienced wall climber on the face of this planet. After seeing all the constant shit talking and off topic trolling on here, I kind of came to the conclusion that you have to really piss DDT off to get banned.

(This post was edited by USnavy on Mar 16, 2012, 10:57 AM)

Partner camhead

Mar 16, 2012, 2:54 PM
Post #17 of 33 (13273 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

USnavy wrote:
After seeing all the constant shit talking and off topic trolling on here, I kind of came to the conclusion that you have to really piss DDT off to get banned.

This is true, although anytime a user harasses another user, especially male to female, ESPECIALLY if the harassee is underage, I would like to think that DDT would wield the ban hammer.

More importantly, all of the PTPP stuff went down years before DDT and the South African Dropzoners were in the picture. The owner/founder of the site at the time was trevor, and rrradam was the head admin.

curt

Mar 16, 2012, 7:22 PM
Post #18 of 33 (13221 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

USnavy wrote:
camhead wrote:
chadnsc wrote:
jt512 wrote:
USnavy wrote:
sungam wrote:

He was, in fact, banned.

Jay

Just ask Curt.

I may not know anything about his rc.com account, but I have climbed with PTPP in Yosemite. Granted I dident do a full wall with him, I just climbed a few pitches with him on El Cap, but he did not strike me as the big shit talker type. He was pretty chill and self-contained, despite being the single most experienced wall climber on the face of this planet. After seeing all the constant shit talking and off topic trolling on here, I kind of came to the conclusion that you have to really piss DDT off to get banned.

Preserved for posterity.

Curt

jt512

Mar 16, 2012, 9:11 PM
Post #19 of 33 (13194 views)
Shortcut

Re: [curt] home made gear, whata' ya think Pete..? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

curt wrote:
USnavy wrote:
camhead wrote:
chadnsc wrote:
jt512 wrote:
USnavy wrote:
sungam wrote:

He was, in fact, banned.

Jay

Just ask Curt.

Preserved for posterity.

Curt

In terms of actual time spent on El Cap that might be true.

Jay

ptlong2

Mar 17, 2012, 12:30 AM
Post #20 of 33 (13168 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

USnavy wrote:
I just climbed a few pitches with him on El Cap, but he did not strike me as the big shit talker type. He was pretty chill and self-contained, despite being the single most experienced wall climber on the face of this planet.

I would have expected Pete to be different in person than online but the one time I met him he seemed to me to be EXACTLY the same as his online persona.

vinnie83

Mar 17, 2012, 5:25 AM
Post #21 of 33 (13132 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

USnavy wrote:
despite being the single most experienced wall climber on the face of this planet.

Never met pete, but this is a pretty big claim. How many walls has he done outside of yosemite? How many new routes has he put up? How many walls has he done that require more than moderate free climbing? How many speed records (not counting the slowest ascent) does he hold?

There are plenty of people with more experience and more impressive big wall climbs under their belt.

sungam

Mar 17, 2012, 9:04 AM
Post #22 of 33 (13113 views)
Shortcut

Re: [vinnie83] home made gear, whata' ya think Pete..? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

vinnie83 wrote:
USnavy wrote:
despite being the single most experienced wall climber on the face of this planet.
How many speed records (not counting the slowest ascent) does he hold?
These are not related.

socalclimber

Mar 17, 2012, 12:23 PM
Post #23 of 33 (13097 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (4 ratings)  
Can't Post

USnavy wrote:
camhead wrote:
chadnsc wrote:
jt512 wrote:
USnavy wrote:
sungam wrote:

He was, in fact, banned.

Jay

Just ask Curt.

Directed to US Navy:

Sorry, but you just outed yourself for the noob that you are. Please Touch my Penis Pete is the biggest wall poser ever to "grace" the valley. Maybe you should start doing your homework on the REAL history of El Cap climbing and start looking for names like Steve Gerberding, Steve Grossman, Tucker Tech, Wally Barker, Walt Shipley, Ammon McNeeley, Steve Sutton, Hugh Burton, Mike Lechlinski etc etc etc.

Pete got exactly what he wanted out of you, confirmation of something he is not. Pete has made a "career" of standing on the shoulders of giants.

I know a number of these people, they are the real deal. Pete is not. You were just fooled into thinking he is.

Christ, Tucker Tech who is one of my best friends, did 4 El Cap routes solo in under a month. This means he went up the wall, came down, re-supplied, and took off again. Nobody has accomplished anything like that before.

I imagine you are not aware that Pete's real valley nick name is Soon To Be Buried In a Shallow Grave In El Cap Meadow Pete.

It's clear there is a lot you don't know.

EDITED:

I can't believe of all people to forget, Jim Bridwell. We all know what a pussy he is.

I know Jim Bridwell. He's a friend of mine. pass the pitions pete is no Jim Bridwell. By any measure of any yard stick.

(This post was edited by socalclimber on Mar 17, 2012, 6:50 PM)

socalclimber

Mar 17, 2012, 6:47 PM
Post #24 of 33 (13058 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Skot433 wrote:
1/8" SS Cable for 2:1 Hauling Ratchet

with 'softened' eyes

Interesting setup. A question: Did you use a Nicopress Gauge to check those swages???? If not, I wouldn't trust that rig.

USnavy

Mar 18, 2012, 6:06 AM
Post #25 of 33 (12992 views)
Shortcut

Re: [socalclimber] home made gear, whata' ya think Pete..? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

socalclimber wrote:
USnavy wrote:
camhead wrote:
chadnsc wrote:
jt512 wrote:
USnavy wrote:
sungam wrote:

He was, in fact, banned.

Jay

Just ask Curt.

Directed to US Navy:

Sorry, but you just outed yourself for the noob that you are. Please Touch my Penis Pete is the biggest wall poser ever to "grace" the valley. Maybe you should start doing your homework on the REAL history of El Cap climbing and start looking for names like Steve Gerberding, Steve Grossman, Tucker Tech, Wally Barker, Walt Shipley, Ammon McNeeley, Steve Sutton, Hugh Burton, Mike Lechlinski etc etc etc.

Pete got exactly what he wanted out of you, confirmation of something he is not. Pete has made a "career" of standing on the shoulders of giants.

I know a number of these people, they are the real deal. Pete is not. You were just fooled into thinking he is.

Christ, Tucker Tech who is one of my best friends, did 4 El Cap routes solo in under a month. This means he went up the wall, came down, re-supplied, and took off again. Nobody has accomplished anything like that before.

I imagine you are not aware that Pete's real valley nick name is Soon To Be Buried In a Shallow Grave In El Cap Meadow Pete.

It's clear there is a lot you don't know.

EDITED:

I can't believe of all people to forget, Jim Bridwell. We all know what a pussy he is.

I know Jim Bridwell. He's a friend of mine. pass the pitions pete is no Jim Bridwell. By any measure of any yard stick.

You simply did not understand what I wrote. I said PTPP is the single most experienced aid climber in the world, I did not say he was the best. I am well aware of the basic history to wall elitists in Yosemite and I am aware that Ammon likely holds the title of best wall climber in YOS. I know the basic history of most of the people you named. But my point was that PTPP is the most experienced in that he has more nights logged on El Cap than anyone else. We could all argue what’s constitutes experience, but most people use time as a measurement of experience ("I've been doing this for xx years".) So in PTPP's case, he has more time on El Cap then anyone. So if time is a measurement of experience, he takes the cake. But none the less, regardless of how experienced he is or is not, he has climbed A5, a title rather few can claim.

(This post was edited by USnavy on Mar 18, 2012, 6:14 AM)

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : The Lab

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook