Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

notapplicable

Jun 1, 2012, 10:33 PM
Post #51 of 58 (4265 views)
Shortcut

Re: [curt] Post rating [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

curt wrote:
j_ung wrote:
curt wrote:
After considerable further thought, I have arrived at the inescapable conclusion that I really don't care very much. You may now return to the ongoing soap opera. Thank you for your momentary attention.

Curt

Sure. I was just going off what you posted a few months ago. ^^

Actually, that was 16 months ago.

Curt

New shit has come to light?

SylviaSmile

Jun 14, 2012, 7:50 PM
Post #53 of 58 (4197 views)
Shortcut

Re: [xmesox] Post rating [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

xmesox wrote:
It looks as though the moderators still have a bit more weight in their votes than regular users, and we will be looking into possibly amending this to make their votes count the same as regular users. For the mean time I have requested that the moderators hold off 1-starring posts for the time being, even if they feel it's deserved.

The reason they were given extra weight was that they are a trustworthy source and if they thought a post was excellent and rated it 5 stars, their vote could then not be cancelled out by some noob who comes and 1-stars the post because he doesn't know what it's about.

As with any power, it can be abused. But there is no abuse in moderators one starring posts they deem as bad posts, it's when a post is 1-starred because they simply disagree with what is being said that it becomes an issue.

Can the mods see who gives how many stars to what? Just wondering.

wonderwoman

Jun 15, 2012, 2:53 AM
Post #54 of 58 (4186 views)
Shortcut

Re: [SylviaSmile] Post rating [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

SylviaSmile wrote:
xmesox wrote:
It looks as though the moderators still have a bit more weight in their votes than regular users, and we will be looking into possibly amending this to make their votes count the same as regular users. For the mean time I have requested that the moderators hold off 1-starring posts for the time being, even if they feel it's deserved.

The reason they were given extra weight was that they are a trustworthy source and if they thought a post was excellent and rated it 5 stars, their vote could then not be cancelled out by some noob who comes and 1-stars the post because he doesn't know what it's about.

As with any power, it can be abused. But there is no abuse in moderators one starring posts they deem as bad posts, it's when a post is 1-starred because they simply disagree with what is being said that it becomes an issue.

No, we can't see that. We can see your 'average' post rating if we go to your profile page, but I don't think that is visible to you. We formerly had trophies & poo. Those were the days!

Partner cracklover

Aug 8, 2012, 4:48 PM
Post #55 of 58 (4021 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wonderwoman] Post rating [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

wonderwoman wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
xmesox wrote:

No, we can't see that. We can see your 'average' post rating if we go to your profile page, but I don't think that is visible to you. We formerly had trophies & poo. Those were the days!

What is an average user's average post rating? More like 2, or more like 4?

GO

(This post was edited by cracklover on Aug 8, 2012, 4:49 PM)

edge

Aug 8, 2012, 4:52 PM
Post #56 of 58 (4016 views)
Shortcut

Re: [cracklover] Post rating [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

cracklover wrote:
wonderwoman wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
xmesox wrote:

What is an average user's average post rating? More like 2, or more like 4?

GO

Well yours is 4.3 out of 1022 posts rated, but I'd hardly call you average.

One prolific spraylord has a 1.3 out of 2384 posts rated, and I wouldn't call him average either.

Partner cracklover

Aug 8, 2012, 5:14 PM
Post #57 of 58 (4009 views)
Shortcut

Re: [edge] Post rating [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (5 ratings)  
Can't Post

Congratulations, you've just guaranteed that some one-star stalker will now find me irresistible, LOL.

GCrazy

(This post was edited by cracklover on Aug 8, 2012, 5:15 PM)

Toast_in_the_Machine

Aug 11, 2012, 12:02 AM
Post #58 of 58 (3978 views)
Shortcut

Re: [edge] Post rating [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Is there a ratio of rated to unrated posts?

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Rockclimbing.com : Suggestions & Feedback

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook