RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Gear Heads

Premier Sponsor:

brentrb

Oct 27, 2012, 3:55 PM
Post #1 of 5 (2220 views)
Shortcut

Need Help Sizing La Sportiva Solution
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hey, hey. So I picked up two pairs of Solutions, but I'm having a hard time deciding which pair I should keep. Street size, I'm a 12 US Men - maybe 12.5 in a few shoes, but definitely closer to 12. I've been climbing in a pair of Miura VS for a while, which was my first really technical pair of climbing shoes. They're size 45. Come Solution, I've tried on a size 44.5 and 44. The 44.5 is almost comfortable (my benchmark for comfort is a worn in pair of Miura VS) straight out of the box. I could imagine them stretching a little and being awesome, or a little more and being too big. On the other hand, the 44 is definitely not comfortable. I could imagine them stretching a little and being slightly too small, or a little more and being awesome. Problem is, I don't know how much they'll stretch. So, hopefully someone with the know-how can set me straight.

Thanks.

shotwell

Oct 27, 2012, 3:57 PM
Post #2 of 5 (2219 views)
Shortcut

Re: [brentrb] Need Help Sizing La Sportiva Solution [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

brentrb wrote:
Hey, hey. So I picked up two pairs of Solutions, but I'm having a hard time deciding which pair I should keep. Street size, I'm a 12 US Men - maybe 12.5 in a few shoes, but definitely closer to 12. I've been climbing in a pair of Miura VS for a while, which was my first really technical pair of climbing shoes. They're size 45. Come Solution, I've tried on a size 44.5 and 44. The 44.5 is almost comfortable (my benchmark for comfort is a worn in pair of Miura VS) straight out of the box. I could imagine them stretching a little and being awesome, or a little more and being too big. On the other hand, the 44 is definitely not comfortable. I could imagine them stretching a little and being slightly too small, or a little more and being awesome. Problem is, I don't know how much they'll stretch. So, hopefully someone with the know-how can set me straight.

Thanks.

Mine always stretch just a little more than I expect.

theextremist04

Oct 28, 2012, 3:37 PM
Post #3 of 5 (2168 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Go with the 44. Just for reference, I'm a 10-10.5 street and my Solutions are an 8.5. They stretch a ton.

rhythm164

Oct 28, 2012, 10:42 PM
Post #4 of 5 (2145 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

They are sized weird and they do stretch. My street shoe size is generally a 13, all my 5.10 performance shoes (V10's, Dragons, Blackwings etc) have been a 13, and my Solutions are an 11.5. So size down.

brentrb

Oct 29, 2012, 2:54 AM
Post #5 of 5 (2132 views)
Shortcut

Re: [rhythm164] Need Help Sizing La Sportiva Solution [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Cool. Thanks for the opinions. 44 it is.

Forums : Climbing Information : Gear Heads

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook