Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

thrillseeker05

Jan 24, 2003, 2:13 AM
Post #51 of 63 (4083 views)
Shortcut

Dogs on climbing road trips? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

you are a bible thumber dude. you need to stop and think before you preach to a community of people from all over the world whom may not believe in the same gods as you. therefore your argument is weak. outdated and mundane.
dogs, other animals, trees and grass have more right to the world then people because PEOPLE destroy the world. no one else does, you moron!

dstein

Jan 24, 2003, 2:14 AM
Post #52 of 63 (4083 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

A lot of places have doggie day care's if you can't take the pooch into a park. Motel 6 allows pets and if your in Moab..... the one there is very nice, clean, and has a great hot tub. Take the dog and be happy.

killclimbz

Jan 24, 2003, 2:23 AM
Post #53 of 63 (4083 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Old subject. Taking a dog on a road trip? Should you or shouldn't. Sounds like the old joke, "What does eating out an old person taste like? It depends..." You can't really do much with a dog at National parks. Check out the guides for the areas you are considering going to. See if they are dog friendly. The Flatirons is a great place. In fact you don't have to have your dog on a leash if it obeys voice commands. Do a little research.
I didn't read this whole thread since it got boring so hopefully I didn't re-hash someone else's statement.

thrillseeker05

Jan 24, 2003, 7:16 PM
Post #54 of 63 (4083 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I didn’t have to resort to name calling, I wanted to. And as far as my point goes, it is solid. Unlike your pathetic attempt of using zealous doctrine to rationalize your egocentric beliefs.
Even to humor you we can play with your scriptures. I doubt that what was intended was that you should rule by destruction and authoritarian attitudes. Most likely it meant more, to rule by example of goodness and virtue.
But beyond that game I ask you this… when you go into a debate or even a court room, have you ever heard of anyone sighting their support merely from the bible?
Dude, come at us with reason and logic not Sunday school lessons.

overlord

Jan 24, 2003, 7:23 PM
Post #55 of 63 (4083 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i would take her.

CLIMB ON

climb4life

Jan 24, 2003, 7:58 PM
Post #56 of 63 (4083 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i'm a dog owner. i don't consider dogs as pets. they are work animals, in winter, my dog dogs sled for my pa and help haul meats and firewood while in the summer, carries water and extra stuff for me. don't get me wrong, i LOVE my dog to death, but he can be a little agressive with other dogs expecially if they are male and young and same size as mine (120 lbs). although, he never attacks people, i always keep him leached. i don't like the idea of other dogs running free and coming over to my dog and possibly start a fight. i am willing to accept the risk of my dog getting in fight for it is natural for them to do so (or i thinks so), but what i hate is that i feel that i am the responsible one for leaching my dog and having another roaming dog come over and have an disagreement and having the owner come over and yell at me. i do understand that they don't like fights, but they should have kept their dogs on leach. it's that simple. bring your dog if you want, but accpet the risks for your actions.(ps, not the dog's action, YOUR actions)

by the way, my dog usually don't fight unless challenged.
that is all i have to say about that for now

fun climbing

daisuke

Jan 25, 2003, 3:24 PM
Post #57 of 63 (4083 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I am going to pay attention to this thread, it will be locked if the disparaging remarks continue, please remove all posts that have offensive content

blackstripe

Jan 26, 2003, 7:13 AM
Post #58 of 63 (4083 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I would bring your dog if you leash her, and you know that she wont whine, bark, go to the bathroom where people walk, or distract climbers and walk all over the place.
I have always considered bringing my dog and even bought her a backpack but i realized wait she will try to bite everyone and bark at everyone so i don't bring her. One time there were these 3 dogs just running around Sam's Throne in AR and they kept climbing up a walkup and one got stuck so i picked it up and brought it back to the owner asking if she could leash it. That is another reason i wouldn't bring your dog, you don't know what people will do to her, she is just like a partner and you have to watch out for her welfare, you never know if someone will go and pick her up and drag her off. But hey go bring her but she might just be another thing to worry bout when you are climbing.

shastess

Jan 29, 2003, 6:05 AM
Post #59 of 63 (4083 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I love my dog but would never take her with me she's too much of a spaz! I've seen a couple of guys with a dog, they even have rigged a harness for the dog to help pull her up when having to hike back up to camp when it's too hard for her to walk.

maculated

Jan 29, 2003, 6:25 AM
Post #60 of 63 (4083 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I took my doggy on a climbing trip in November (he died a couple days ago, ). It IS kind of a hassle, but if you know how to work it, it is fun.

ALL national and state parks will not allow your dog to go to climbing areas, leashed or not. Most parks have kennels or kennels nearby, and that's a good option. That's what I'd planned on doing in Moab.

Please don't try to bend this rule, it's for the good of the little critters in the park.

screamer

Jan 29, 2003, 5:28 PM
Post #61 of 63 (4083 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

sorry for your loss maculated...

wishiwaswest

Jan 30, 2003, 3:06 PM
Post #62 of 63 (4083 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Well, I don't have a problem with well trained, well-mannered dogs on leash at the crag, but PLEASE don't bring your parrot. When it starts squawking "on-belay" and "climb on" and "slack" it could be dangerous to those climbing as the tone of voice is very similar to those shrieking platitudes at those darn dogs humping their girlfriends legs. Could be confusing.

mcfoley

Jan 30, 2003, 6:38 PM
Post #63 of 63 (4083 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Probably not a great idea to let a Rot roam the grags on your road trip...
If a 100lb Rot approaches me, my wife, my family and there is ANY AMOUNT OF AGGRESSION...believe me...
It won't be walking away... you will be carrying it out in your pack!!!
I love dog's...I have one of my own...But I've seen too many so called "good dogs" go nuts when there is a lot going on...especially at climbing areas.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook