First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

mtnjohn

Apr 22, 2003, 8:37 PM
Post #1 of 66 (2590 views)
Shortcut

While no one is looking
Report this Post
Can't Post

These are our playgrounds & much more...

"CBS News

Saturday 19 April 2003

The Bush administration is quietly reshaping environmental policy to expand logging and other development by settling a series of lawsuits, many of them filed by industry groups.

As a result of settlements, the administration has announced plans to remove wilderness protections from millions of acres of land in Utah. It also agreed to review protections for endangered species such as salmon and the northern spotted owl, reversed a Clinton-era ban on snowmobiles in Yellowstone and Grand Teton national parks and softened rules on logging."

dig_scott

Apr 22, 2003, 8:48 PM
Post #2 of 66 (2590 views)
Shortcut

Re: While no one is looking [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

that monkey bastured

papaswize

Apr 22, 2003, 8:50 PM
Post #3 of 66 (2590 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

The key phrase is "quietly". If you look at his record, he's done a number of things this way.

Pretty scary if you ask me.

perozee

Apr 22, 2003, 9:01 PM
Post #4 of 66 (2590 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

The mans only goal is to make money for himself his associates and the special interests that put him in power(big oil being the main one). Large companies govern the US, not the governement, and certainly not the people.

This is a very scary trend.

dave1970

Apr 22, 2003, 9:28 PM
Post #5 of 66 (2590 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

CBS news is awesome. All things are told objectively and always in context.

If it weren't for them, how could anyone form an opinion?

vegastradguy

Apr 22, 2003, 9:33 PM
Post #6 of 66 (2590 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

is anyone actually suprised at this? damnit, we need to destroy the environment so we can make more money! :roll:

climber1

Apr 23, 2003, 3:42 AM
Post #7 of 66 (2590 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
sigh. :cry: How long is it going to take us to undo the national and global damage Bush & Co are doing?
if everyone votes wisely, we should be rid of him in early november of 2004.

mozea

Apr 23, 2003, 3:46 AM
Post #8 of 66 (2590 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

"CBS news is awesome. All things are told objectively and always in context.

If it weren't for them, how could anyone form an opinion?"

i hope this is sarcasm...objectivity is a lie.

redpiton

Apr 23, 2003, 3:51 AM
Post #9 of 66 (2590 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Your playground is being threatened. Lets get rid of the man when and while we have the chance.

robscate

Apr 23, 2003, 4:02 AM
Post #10 of 66 (2590 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

yup blame Bush for reverting something that was originally done illegaly by the Clintonoris administration. The wildlife preserve he/she created was in direct violation of department of the interior and wildlife resource procedures. He didn't even have the balls to announce the new preserve in Utah from Utah....

CBS -> Constantly Biased Network
CNN -> Clinton News Network
Fox News -> pronounces Fuqted News

MSNBC -> Much Said, NOOne Bothered Checking.

Ps... There is a really good book on the market Called "Deriliction of Duty"

jhwnewengland

Apr 23, 2003, 4:07 AM
Post #11 of 66 (2590 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

"He didn't even have the balls to announce the new preserve in Utah from Utah.... "

Huh?

Partner coldclimb

Apr 23, 2003, 4:12 AM
Post #12 of 66 (2590 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Interesting how much people respect our president now. 50 years ago there would not have been one person here dissing him. Would that we had both presidents and citizens like we had back then. :cry:

misha

Apr 23, 2003, 4:14 AM
Post #13 of 66 (2590 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

He did a good job helping out Iraq. I applaud him for that

apollodorus

Apr 23, 2003, 5:37 AM
Post #14 of 66 (2590 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
There is a really good book on the market Called "Deriliction of Duty"

The Eyewitness Account Of How Bill Clinton Compromised America's National Security

By Lt. Col. Robert "Buzz" Patterson, USAF (Ret.)
Carrier of the "nuclear football"

The best part is where Clinton loses the super-secret launch codes for the football on the day the Monica Lewinsky thing hit the Various Times. Patterson says he wasn't surprised that Clinton lost the codes, because he kept them rubber-banded to his credit cards in his pants pocket.

Mel Brooks could have used that one in Blazing Saddles:

"Sign here, Mr. President, and the National Hospital for the Criminally Insane will henceforth be known as the William Jefferson Clinton Gambling Hall for the Criminally Insane."

"GENTLEMEN! Today marks a great day in the history of the treatment of the insane gambler."

"Now, if there is nothing more on the agenda, meeting adjourned. OH! I am SO sorry, Mr. President! You're supposed to say that."

"What?"

"'Meeting adjourned.'"

"It is?"

"No. You're supposed to say that."

"What?"

"'Meeting adjourned.'"

"It is?"

"Nevermind. Oh, and Mr. President, VISA and American Express called. All of your cards have been cancelled."

"Thank God! I was afraid some chiseling, low-life scum was going to find them and go on a spree. It's nearly impossible these days to use the general funds to pay off those bills. Any word yet from the police? Did they find my driver's license? Or that photo Monica gave me?"

"No, Mr. President, no word yet from the police, the FBI, the CIA or the Secret Service on that one. I do hope they find those codes soon."

"Codes? What codes?"

"The codes to the football, Mr. President. You know, the little black bag handcuffed to Lt. Patterson, right over there?"

"Is THAT what that is? I thought it was his lunch. Well, let's get the rest of the boys out on the South Lawn for a few downs before I have to go and address Congress. If we don't have the codes to unlock the handcuffs, we can just use those big clippers I've seen on TV that cut through chains and metal and . . . "

"Sir, the codes are used to launch nuclear missiles at our enemies. The football is what we call the electronic box with buttons you push to enter the codes. Lt. Patterson is with the Air Force."

"Well, no WONDER he gets sore when I call him Admiral! I think I'll head off to the kitchen for a snack. You coming? . . . ."

mzllr

Apr 23, 2003, 6:14 AM
Post #15 of 66 (2590 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i'm glad everything went well in iraq, but it probably has secured bush a second term. especially when the democrats can't seem to put up a credible candidate to run against him. what do they have? like 7 people trying to be the democratic candidate? and the 2 front-runners out of them, john kerry (douchebag) and lieberman (schill), are just complete jokes.

perozee

Apr 23, 2003, 1:07 PM
Post #16 of 66 (2590 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
and women whose sole purpose in life was to be barefoot and pregnant. That's really a world to which I'd like to return.

Ya me too! (few seconds of reflecting) Ohhhhh where you being sarcastic?

Me too. :D and I share your opinions.

Later

klimer

Apr 23, 2003, 1:09 PM
Post #17 of 66 (2590 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I personally think that President Bush is doing a very good job in office. Not many people would have had the fortitude to do what he has done while in office. Granted he has not done a great deal for the economy, but consider the factors that he has had to face since he began his administration. Two stick out right away: 9/11 and the recent decision the overthrow the Iraqi regime. He has identified a problem in the world that must be dealt with and he is helping the world deal with it. Some people might say that a war on terrorism is not our fight, but who else is willing and able to help combat terrorism? In response to the statement that President Bush does not get any credit for what happened in Iraq, and that it was the soldiers that accomplished the task, you are partially correct. Although the soldiers were the ones that went to Iraq and fought, they would not have done so without a strong president backing them. It is sad that President Bush may never get credit for what he is doing for the Iraqi people. If weapons of mass destruction are not found, everyone will say he was wrong to over throw the Iraqi regime on false pretense. However, we all have heard of the horrible things which have happened to the people of Iraq under this regime, so I will spare all of you from re-reading the wrong doings of the former Iraqi regime. Although President Bush has not done some of the things that he said he would do, we must remeber all the obstacles he has faced, that his presidential term is not complete, and above all the great things he has accomplished. I for one am proud of the President of the United States of America for being a true leader during some of the most critical times this country and parts of the world have ever faced.

Ben Watson

Partner wideguy

Apr 23, 2003, 2:55 PM
Post #18 of 66 (2590 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Just go ask the family farmers and ranchers who had MILLIONS of acres of land rendered vitually worthless when they became "Protected." One article, Time I think, featured a rancher with 10,000 acres who saw his value drop from ~$4000/acre to $400/acre which the Gov't then offered to buy at the new lower adjusted rate. That's a $36 MILLION value drop. Go lookup the news stories of how that was ALSO done quietly, and illegally, oh yeah and how it was followed by huge campaign donations by the Nature conservancy, Seirra Club et al.

They all do it, Dems or Republicans, Clinton or Bush, probably all the way back to honest Abe. Lobbyists and special interests make all the real decisions, it's simply a matter of which ones the particular side yeilds to. So let's make sure we at least give equal credit/blame. My idea? Everyone in America donate $100 and take the roughly $20 Billion you raise and buy all these lands at Fair Market Value, then protect them. Best of both worlds. Anyone in with me?

"Though I'm also not a big supporter of Clinton, I'll take a President any day who's more interested in preserving the remaining shreds of the environment, legally or otherwise, than someone whose sole interest is to defecate on the remaining wilderness areas for personal gain."

perozee

Apr 23, 2003, 3:13 PM
Post #19 of 66 (2590 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
...He has identified a problem in the world that must be dealt with and he is helping the world deal with it....

Geeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

There is so much I disagree with in your post I don't know where to start.... You are seeing the situation through government issued pink glasses my friend. All I can suggest is that you stop watching CNN and start reading up on the history of what led to the current situation.

Just one thing though about fighting "terrorism". Look at the palestinian struggle in the ocupied territories for the last 50 years and tell me that brute force solved the terrorist attacks against the jewish population...

Shock and Awe campaign = Terror campaign on the part of those who claim to want to rid us of terrorism. Hum...

Weapons of mass destruction: Wonder who has the biggest stock pile of those things.....

Weaponse of mass destruction: Why is it OK for Israel to have nukes but none of the other Arab contries

Fuge it all

rhu

Apr 23, 2003, 3:40 PM
Post #20 of 66 (2590 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I find it humorous that our "allies" are not really behind us at all. I recently went to a book reading by a man, David Sedaris, who lives in London for a part of the year. He reported, after being questioned about it, that no one in London is for the "war." Blair is/was essentially kissing our a** as he continues the long tradition of British PMs lying down to ride our coattails.
Perozee had it right when he mentioned that it is alright for Israel to have Nukes but no one else. I forget where I read it but the "liberation" was based on humanitatian ground. Or so we are led to believe. If we are the salvation of the Earth then what about Cuba? What about China? I applaud and support our troops, but come on Iraq is a third world country for all intents and purposes.
Politics are such a joke and the bozo calling the shots now is the ultimate example of it. :evil:

Partner coldclimb

Apr 23, 2003, 4:04 PM
Post #21 of 66 (2590 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

All I'm saying is that 50 years ago, Americans were Americans, and they supported America. Nowdays it seems that a lot of Americans don't like America very much.

Do some searches for cartoons and stuff during world war two. There was far more support for our country then, in fact it was nearly unanimous. The evidence is undeniable. That's what I'd like to go back to, and that's all I said.

neadamthal

Apr 23, 2003, 4:27 PM
Post #22 of 66 (2590 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Granted he has not done a great deal for the economy, but consider the factors that he has had to face since he began his administration. Two stick out right away: 9/11 and the recent decision the overthrow the Iraqi regime.

Ben Watson

are you done humping his leg yet?? bush did not "have to face" iraq. he stuck his nose in it and when it got dirty he threw a tantrum. i agree that iraqi's will benefit from hussein's disposal, but he didn't exactly go about it 'legally'. if he were a great president, he would have followed diplomatic channels and shown that he has the resolve to do things legally.

if you honestly think gw bush is a great president then you are reinforcing the international opinion of the average american: VERY UNINFORMED!!!

put that in your pipe...

alwaysforward

Apr 23, 2003, 4:28 PM
Post #23 of 66 (2588 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

liberation of iraq? no literate person can take that seriously. that's the UN's job.

the british gov't is _for_ the war on terrorism. why? hopefully the US's ext stop will be the IRA. if the US really wanted to stop the mass of global terrorism they would stop committing and fostering it themselves. a few examples, cuba, turkey, columbia, nicaragua, the middle east. look it up.

coldclimb - first, 'americanism' is the kind of thing only found in america, fostered by the government so they could do what they want, call dissent anti-americanism, and be loved no matter what they did. there is no italianism, germanism or canadianism for good reason. it doesn't arise from the people, but from the government and companies with capital interest in your blind faith.

second,
"Patriotism is the willingness to kill and be killed for trivial reasons."
"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it."
"Patriotism is often an arbitrary veneration of real estate above principles" "
When a whole nation is roaring Patriotism at the top of its voice, I am fain to explore the cleanness of its hands and purity of its heart"
Think about it. (Russel, Shaw, Nathan, Emerson)

funny how close we were to have been talking about how Gore makes out with his wife all the time.

furryfrisbee

Apr 23, 2003, 4:31 PM
Post #24 of 66 (2588 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I find it humorous that our "allies" are not really behind us at all. I recently went to a book reading by a man, David Sedaris, who lives in London for a part of the year. He reported, after being questioned about it, that no one in London is for the "war." Blair is/was essentially kissing our a** as he continues the long tradition of British PMs lying down to ride our coattails.

And the Dixie Chicks knew what America really wanted when they made the comment that took them off the air on most country stations across America.

renobdarb

Apr 23, 2003, 4:33 PM
Post #25 of 66 (2588 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

There's a great cartoon out there about the whole Iraq thing, and i'm kicking myself for not cutting it out or looking at the cartoonist's name... but it's sumed up like this:

Frame 1: "Iraq with Saddam" and it shows an all-too-famous statue of Saddam Hussein, arm uplifetd in his familiar palm-to-the-sky gesture.

Frame 2: "Iraq after Saddam" shows another figure in place of the Saddam statue, giving the same gesture. The figure is Ronald McDonald.

I proceeded to laugh my ass off.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook