Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
going to Red River Gorge. where should i climb? may 8-12ish
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

dig_scott

Apr 30, 2003, 3:41 AM
Post #1 of 3 (1586 views)
Shortcut

going to Red River Gorge. where should i climb? may 8-12ish  (North_America: United_States: Kentucky: East: Red_River_Gorge__Climbing_)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Red River Gorge, my group of 2 can lead 10d-11a sport, 5.9(maybe higher) trad. my question is where is the best place to go for a couple of days. i looked at the route description and see a lot of 5.12 sport and not a lot below that.

depends on the weather both there and here in utah if i even climb. dont have any money so we would camp out some where.

jhump

Apr 30, 2003, 3:53 AM
Post #2 of 3 (1586 views)
Shortcut

Re: going to RRG. where should i climb? 3-5 days [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Endless wall is phenomenal. There are excellent sport and trad routes in that range. It does get sun, so it will roast in the summer. Check out Kaymoor when it's hot. Endless Wall is so far and away my favorite crag that I will climb there regardless of the heat.

verbal

Apr 30, 2003, 4:08 AM
Post #3 of 3 (1586 views)
Shortcut

Re: going to RRG. where should i climb? 3-5 days [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I assume you mean the Red River Gorge. I am not sure what that other guy is talking about, seeing that I have been climbing there for years and never heard of those places. You need to help us out with more info than you are providing. Are you going to be there on the weekend or weekday. How many people. Do you want to put up more than one climb at a time. Some of the really popular places are great but on the weekend they are very busy. Try funk rock, or sky bridge, or purple valley. more info would help

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook