RSS FeedRSS Feeds for General

Premier Sponsor:

socalbolter

Jun 7, 2003, 2:24 AM
Post #1 of 5 (1039 views)
Shortcut

Santa Monica Guide Complete
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

not sure where this should be posted, but wanted to do my best to get the thanks out to everyone who helped.

the long guidebook writing process is over for the complete guide to the santa monica mountains. it's off to the printers and should be on the shelves in about 6 weeks.

this was a huge project and countless individuals (many of whom i had never before met) helped to make it come together. thank you one and all!

antimatter

Jun 7, 2003, 4:15 AM
Post #2 of 5 (1039 views)
Shortcut

Re: Santa Monica Guide Complete [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Way cool, thanks, I can't wait to buy a copy!

epicsaga

Jun 7, 2003, 7:20 AM
Post #3 of 5 (1039 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey Louie, what climbing areas are covered, are Echo and Malibu creek in it? What stores is it going to be in?

ikefromla

Jun 7, 2003, 8:17 AM
Post #4 of 5 (1039 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Ah.. That is AWESOME. too bad i'm going to be climbing at mt charleston and clark mt all summer. i'll purchase it when i get return from vegas in the late summer.
rock.
ike

socalbolter

Jun 7, 2003, 2:22 PM
Post #5 of 5 (1039 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

epicsaga:

main inclusions are echo cliffs, malibu creek, and boney bluff. other than those there are also dozens of smaller sport and bouldering areas included from the conejo mountain areas down through all of the backcountry crags near echo, the beach (PCH) areas and finally down to the somewhat urban areas near santa monica itself.

it's by far the most complete guide to date, however there are several smaller areas that did not find their way into the guide. there are also quite a few areas that are currently under development. these will all be included in the next edition a couple of years from now.

i wanted to have a lot of photos in the guide and we ended up with over 100 action photos on top of the many crag and area photos. i'm happy with how it turned out. hopefully you all will be too.

it will be available in all the usual outdoor and climbing stores, as well as some of the gyms in the LA/Ventura areas.

- louie

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook