Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

dantheman31

Jun 24, 2003, 4:35 PM
Post #1 of 34 (5848 views)
Shortcut

Shaving
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hello

I am a guy who shaves his legs. I started not to long ago because I am a runner and I figures shaving them might shave a few seconds off my 4:50 mile, plus I got bored one evening. I really like the way they feel right after a shave and after the lotion, like a babies bottom.... anyway I was wondering, what are good techniques for the elusive perfect shave. I always have a couple small scratches :cry: and they really are annoying.

Partner missedyno

Jun 24, 2003, 5:09 PM
Post #2 of 34 (5848 views)
Shortcut

Re: Shaving [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

check this out:

http://www.rockclimbing.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=20315

everything you ever/never wanted to know about hair removal...

jumpingrock

Jun 24, 2003, 6:03 PM
Post #3 of 34 (5848 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Dude I am not sure whether to be impressed or REALLY SCARED!

dantheman31

Jun 24, 2003, 7:56 PM
Post #4 of 34 (5848 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

impressed!

jaylaka

Jun 24, 2003, 9:24 PM
Post #5 of 34 (5848 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

you know, i'm a runner and a climber but i love leg hair on men.

it's cool.

don't do it.

:shock: :D

brutusofwyde

Jun 24, 2003, 11:50 PM
Post #6 of 34 (5848 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Best hair removal technique is to use athletic tape and then rip it off really fast. After climbing an OW.

Partner missedyno

Jun 25, 2003, 12:26 AM
Post #7 of 34 (5848 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

alot of runners and other male athletes shave their legs.

my man used to be a pro mountain bike racer. his team... they all shaved their legs... alot of swimmers do too.

let's not tell this guy what to do and what not to do, he asked for our assistance!

so tell us, dantheman, where does it hurt? you just shaving with a bic and some soap? if that's the case that would certainly explain the cuts!

iamthewallress

Jun 25, 2003, 12:31 AM
Post #8 of 34 (5848 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Personally, I'm a big fan of shiney body aesthetics for men and women. Perhaps it has age-ist roots, but I'm dealing with it.

Anyway, soap and water works well for me, but I'm not very hairy. Get a wax if you are or don't like to shave often. My ex was and Asian cyclist. He shaved, but only once a week. The thick black hair on his legs was like wire after a day. No confusing his legs with a baby's bottom! If you wax, you'll have to let it grow in further, but the ends will at least be soft. Caveats are that it will hurt like a mofo and you may get ingrown hairs.

jumpingrock

Jun 25, 2003, 3:56 AM
Post #9 of 34 (5848 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Swimmers shave their legs. Fine. Helps with speed.
Bikers shave their legs. fine. Keeps from getting hair in the burns when they wipe out.

Runners... hmmm I can't see the hair adding that much time reduction or else all runners would shave their heads as well. I am not telling Dude to not shave his legs. But if he shaves his legs cause he wants to remove time from running and have his legs feeling like a "babies bottom" I think that their might be something wrong with his head.

However, just as I support women not shaving their legs. I will support dude in shaving his legs. I just will think that he is kinda f'd up in the head.

So long story short. Shave on Dude.

pehperboy

Jun 25, 2003, 4:34 AM
Post #10 of 34 (5848 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Wax dude. It will make your next slab scraping feel tame.
I dated a Latina woman who waxed every other week. She tried to get some of her gringa friends into it. Too painful for most white girls - and guys I suspect.

granite_grrl

Jun 25, 2003, 4:58 PM
Post #11 of 34 (5848 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Ack, I can't even wax my own legs, and they won't be any where near so hairy as any man's. Of course it also doesn't grow back particularly stubbly. I'll usually wax the bikini line and for thicker hair it's definitly nice to have it grow back softer. End result, do what ever you prefer.

As for that perfect elusive shave, well the first thing to do is get some decent razors. But I'm sure that link has all the info you need.

sroehlk

Jun 26, 2003, 4:01 PM
Post #12 of 34 (5848 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I was suckered into Nads (kind of like waxing). I loved the infomercials and when it finally was sold in stores, I ran out to buy the $30 container of green goop. It works pretty well, but hurts (never showed the screaming women in pain on the infomercial). Not to mention it's messy and expensive. If I ever try waxing again, I think I'll have a professional do it.

weaselman

Jun 26, 2003, 5:02 PM
Post #13 of 34 (5848 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Hello

I am a guy who shaves his legs. I started not to long ago because I am a runner and I figures shaving them might shave a few seconds off my 4:50 mile, plus I got bored one evening. I really like the way they feel right after a shave and after the lotion, like a babies bottom.... anyway I was wondering, what are good techniques for the elusive perfect shave. I always have a couple small scratches :cry: and they really are annoying.

this quote proves that dantheman31 is not only a talented male athlete, but is a talented male athlete that, if he was attending my high school, would spend a lot of time being held upside down over a toilet by bigger boys.

word to the wise-- don't shave your legs.

wigglestick

Jun 26, 2003, 5:08 PM
Post #14 of 34 (5848 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

That Nads stuff sucks. Once upon a time I was fond of a young lady who was watching TV late one night and became convinced that Nads was a pain free solution based on how the actress on the infomercial behaved. I want some of whatever that woman is on.

So the products come in the mail and my gf, not having a particular high pain tolerance, somehow convinces me to try it out so that she will know exactly how much pain to expect. Being the galiant knight in shining armor type I for some insane reason, agree. I pick an area on my shin that seems like a not too sensitive part of my leg. We slather that stuff on and it feels all nice and warm. Comforting almost. Then my gf puts that cloth on and grips the end with both hands and yanks. Oh my god, the pain, the pain.... was incredible. I swear I saw stars and part of my life flash before my eyes. The worst part is that it took 3 stout yanks to completely remove the cloth. Easily the most painful experience of my life.

deleted
Deleted

Jun 26, 2003, 5:17 PM
Post #15 of 34 (5847 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

real men use razors. you get used to it. no problem.

i shave my legs because i cycle (for infection control in case of wipeout) and trail run (briars and other scratchies do less damage). however, i CANNOT see any advantage to be derived on the road or track. if you're looking for an advantage THERE, why not buy one of those flojo skin-suits?

sroehlk

Jun 26, 2003, 7:01 PM
Post #16 of 34 (5848 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

The Nads infomercial is very convincing! They even EAT it on the infomercial :o to show how natural it is and all the women are saying how delicious it is. She did make the original Nads from items in her kitchen. I took a small taste when I opened up the jar the first time. Shocked? :lol: Don't worry, it was perfectly safe. I made my friend try it to. Just tastes like a sugar syrup.

deleted
Deleted

Jun 27, 2003, 4:18 AM
Post #17 of 34 (5847 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

okay, i HAVE to share this.

years ago, i played on a local (new orleans) radio station's softball team. these were a bunch of crazy radio people, you must understand. we were sponsored by a local clinic that did a brisk business in vasectomies.

anyway, we called ourselves the "NADS". we even had five cheerleaders who were very adept at getting the crowd to chant "GO NADS! GO NADS!" over and over before they realized what the hell they were saying! :lol:

gretchino

Jun 30, 2003, 4:01 PM
Post #18 of 34 (5848 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I wax the bikini line and my thighs...after the second or third time, it still hurts but gets better each time. If you can stand the waiting period for growth to re-wax, I'd highly recommend it. My boyfriend is a cyclist and lets me wax his legs...it's very theraputic for me! :lol:

If you keep shaving, which is fine (it really depends on how sensitive your skin is) be sure to use a shaving cream and a sharp razor. That will cut down on the shaving wounds. Be sure to moisturize with a sensitive skin lotion afterwards as well...that will help with razor-burn. :D

micahmcguire

Jul 1, 2003, 9:30 PM
Post #19 of 34 (5848 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

bwhahahahahahahahahaha! hahahahahahahahahahaha!! hahahaha!!! good for you man. tee-hee good times. haha

overlord

Jul 2, 2003, 8:58 AM
Post #20 of 34 (5848 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

bikers shave their legs because it improves healing time of the scratches they get when they fall. it also imprives aerodynamics. i dont shave my legs, but i would suggest you use some kind of depilating cream because it is not so irritating to the skin. or use wax if youre up to it :twisted:

the_pirate

Jul 2, 2003, 3:04 PM
Post #21 of 34 (5848 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

So to the guys here that shave their legs....... where do you stop? Mid thigh? Bikini line? Stomach, chin, eyebrows?

michell_e

Jul 4, 2003, 2:48 AM
Post #22 of 34 (5848 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

yum, smooth, tanned, toned man-legs. I never had a thing for it until a boyfriend (triathlete) did his one night and surprised me. :oops: now i even like 'em with about 2 days' growth. yum, yum, yum. shave on, man, BUT i have to say I do think its a little weird if you are not a swimmer or a cyclist. somehow they are only sexy to me if the guy has a good excuse and really nice muscles. yum. :P

kitarra

Apr 21, 2004, 1:52 AM
Post #23 of 34 (5848 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm really saddened by how much ridicule this guy got for shaving his legs. True, I doubt that shaving would have an effect on running times, but how is a male shaving his legs any inherantly different than a female shaving hers? Underwear and other commercials are starting to show smooth-skinned males, male-targetted spas are becoming increasingly popular (sick of the term "metrosexual" yet, anyone?) and I'm putting money that in the next decade, due to shifting societal trends, shaving becomes commonplace (or at least not unusual) amongst both genders. This guy is probably just ahead of the times.

I think that shaving (or other hair removal) / not shaving is a personal decision for everyone, male or female, and that no one deserves ridicule whichever their choice.

caitlinlea

Apr 21, 2004, 4:04 AM
Post #24 of 34 (5848 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

What a fascinating thread..I can't resist replying to it. I agree...give the guy a break! I find waxing too painful and creams too messy and they never get all the hair off in my experience, so get a high quality razor, use a lot of shaving gel and make nice upward strokes (shaving against the direction the hair grows). Afterwards apply some lotion made for sensitive skin - it will add to the "babies bottom" feeling that you seem to love. Also, if you exfoliate your legs before shaving, you'll get rid of dry, dead skin and get an even closer shave. Enjoy!

climbhigh2005

Apr 22, 2004, 10:24 AM
Post #25 of 34 (5848 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

LOL Sorry it does weird... although I have dated a swimmer who shaved his legs... In the winter I hardly ever shave my legs.... I hate it... anyone who enjoys it gets my respect

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : The Ladies' Room

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook