Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

c_kryll

Oct 30, 2003, 5:56 PM
Post #51 of 56 (3979 views)
Shortcut

Re: PA Gathering: Last minute details, watch this page [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

You can probably save yourself a few more minutes by taking I-84 E to Rt 208 North and follow that until you intersect Rt's 44/55 then head west, it'll drop you right in front of the Deli. And you won't have to pay a toll.

Chris

leaverbiner

Oct 30, 2003, 6:30 PM
Post #52 of 56 (3979 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
You can probably save yourself a few more minutes by taking I-84 E to Rt 208 North and follow that until you intersect Rt's 44/55 then head west, it'll drop you right in front of the Deli. And you won't have to pay a toll.

Chris

NICE CALL!!

Avoids all of the traiffic in town too! I'll have to try this next time I am leaving the gunks when the damn traffic is backed up!

On that note . . FYI . . . the leaf chasers are still at the gunks in droves so be prepared for lots of traffic between the preserve and downtown! Plan any meeting times accordingly.

Gail - I'm still nto sure if I am going to hit the Burn . . . the weather looks so amazing it would suck to be inside . . . we may go . . leslie usually does very well at comps and particularly the burn . . . I'll just be flailing around. . . may even set a few problems tomorrow night. Have fun at the Gunks . . . it was gorgeous last weekend and looks even better for this weekend.

capn_morgan

Oct 31, 2003, 5:01 PM
Post #53 of 56 (3979 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Is anyone else staying at the multiple use campsite tonight? I will be heading up there after work. If you see a blue subaru wagon come on over and say hi. If you dont have a place to stay, you should head over that way, we can have ourselves a little halloween get together.tell scary stories around the campfire and such...maybe we can even make smores ;). Hope to see some of ya tonight.

data118

Oct 31, 2003, 8:25 PM
Post #54 of 56 (3979 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm gonna bring my Jason mask. :twisted:

phyreman

Nov 1, 2003, 4:28 AM
Post #55 of 56 (3979 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Nine hours to go! I'm pumped!

Partner taino

Nov 2, 2003, 4:13 AM
Post #56 of 56 (3979 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Okay, here's how it's looking:

A bunch of people are going to be at the Trapps/Nears; in fact, the majority will be - however, many people will be bouldering.

There will be some people going to PK to climb. If you've never climbed there, you will need long webbing and static lines, and some pro - you can't anchor off the pine trees (it's worth a ticket and your day pass getting ripped up if you do). There is no multipitch - all singlepitch or TR. There is very good bouldering, so I've heard - I can point you in the general direction, but don't have any other beta. I will be there with a group, and cannot take anyone else; however, guidebooks are available at the Mountain Deli (at the 299/44/55 intersection) and at Rock & Snow for about $12.

To my knowledge, Gail will be at the West Trapps lot at 8:30am. Be warned - I got to the lot today at 8:05, and it was already half full.

T

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook