Premier Sponsor:

calliope

Nov 22, 2003, 7:22 AM
Post #1 of 22 (536 views)
Shortcut

Love, Actually
Report this Post
Can't Post

Beautiful, glorious, funny, heart-breaking, soul-quenching, lovely, warm, joyous, devastating movie.

Loved it, Actually. Bring tissue.

farasnyl10

Nov 22, 2003, 10:36 AM
Post #2 of 22 (536 views)
Shortcut

Re: Love, Actually [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

i went and saw it with my mother last week.

a little too sappy for my tastes.

Partner camhead

Nov 22, 2003, 4:55 PM
Post #3 of 22 (536 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

is that the Hugh Grant British romantic comedy?

no thanks. that guy is annoying.

jaylaka

Nov 22, 2003, 9:51 PM
Post #4 of 22 (536 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

saw it last night. it was ok - but 4 wedding and a funeral was better. it's always good to remember how love (and humor) can come in many (and sometimes unexpected) shapes and forms.

the one part that i really didn't like was how many weight/fat comments were made (one girl who couldn't have weighed more than 120-130 pounds was referred to as having "tree trunk thighs" or something)... :?

jen

Partner calamity_chk

Nov 22, 2003, 10:40 PM
Post #5 of 22 (536 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i wanna see gothika and matrix.

jookyhead

Nov 23, 2003, 12:53 AM
Post #6 of 22 (536 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
i wanna see gothika and matrix.

Now thats what I'm talking about :D

calliope

Nov 23, 2003, 1:23 AM
Post #7 of 22 (536 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
saw it last night. it was ok - but 4 wedding and a funeral was better. it's always good to remember how love (and humor) can come in many (and sometimes unexpected) shapes and forms.

the one part that i really didn't like was how many weight/fat comments were made (one girl who couldn't have weighed more than 120-130 pounds was referred to as having "tree trunk thighs" or something)... :?

jen

Yeah, I didn't get that either. The only thing I could figure is that she's not anorexic, and therefore qualifies as fat in movie land. I just thought it was really cool how the peoples lives barely touched one another and how many different stories there were. My favorite was Liam Neeson and his step son.

jaylaka

Nov 23, 2003, 3:47 PM
Post #8 of 22 (536 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

jen

Yeah, I didn't get that either. The only thing I could figure is that she's not anorexic, and therefore qualifies as fat in movie land. I just thought it was really cool how the peoples lives barely touched one another and how many different stories there were. My favorite was Liam Neeson and his step son.

definitely.

but my least favorite was when the wife gets SO excited when she discovers a beautiful necklace in her husband's coat pocket. she assumes it's her christmas present and is giddy with the romance of it all. but when she receives another present, she has that horrible sinking realization that it was for someone else. :evil:

that was awful.

jen

calliope

Nov 23, 2003, 5:15 PM
Post #9 of 22 (536 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:

jen

definitely.

but my least favorite was when the wife gets SO excited when she discovers a beautiful necklace in her husband's coat pocket. she assumes it's her christmas present and is giddy with the romance of it all. but when she receives another present, she has that horrible sinking realization that it was for someone else. :evil:

that was awful.

jen

Yeah, but it was real. Life isn't happy and glowy all the time. Of course I wanted to strangle him with that necklace, though.

sid_rock

Nov 23, 2003, 5:36 PM
Post #10 of 22 (536 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Love, Actually? Lame. Predator was way better.

(Perhaps my attitude explains why my gf saw that movie yesterday with her gf, and not with me.)

overlord

Nov 23, 2003, 5:38 PM
Post #11 of 22 (536 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

(Perhaps my attitude explains why my gf saw that movie yesterday with her gf, and not with me.)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ROTFLMAO

calliope

Nov 23, 2003, 5:39 PM
Post #12 of 22 (536 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

Good for her. I would never drag a poor unsuspecting guy to see something like that. I'm not completely evil. :twisted:

maculated

Nov 23, 2003, 7:12 PM
Post #13 of 22 (536 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I saw it last night. I totally approve. I read reviews about the separate story lines being a drag, but I liked it. The scene at the children's pageant was a bit schmaltzy for my taste and yanked me out of the movie pretty fast.

The rest of the evening then ended up discussing our lack of love, actually in our lives and then an argument whether Colin Firth or Hugh Grant is cuter. I will always side with Hugh. Too bad he's not really like that, or I might go stalk him.

jaylaka

Nov 23, 2003, 7:50 PM
Post #14 of 22 (536 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I will always side with Hugh. Too bad he's not really like that, or I might go stalk him.

yeah, but you'd have competition there. :twisted:

calliope

Nov 23, 2003, 7:55 PM
Post #15 of 22 (536 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I saw it last night. I totally approve. I read reviews about the separate story lines being a drag, but I liked it. The scene at the children's pageant was a bit schmaltzy for my taste and yanked me out of the movie pretty fast.

The rest of the evening then ended up discussing our lack of love, actually in our lives and then an argument whether Colin Firth or Hugh Grant is cuter. I will always side with Hugh. Too bad he's not really like that, or I might go stalk him.

Oh goody, then I get Colin all to myself. :wink:

Yeah, I went to see it with a firmly attached girl friend who was mad that all of the story lines hadn't ended happily. I was like, hey sister, that's life.

mark_e_wallace

Nov 23, 2003, 8:03 PM
Post #16 of 22 (536 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
is that the Hugh Grant British romantic comedy?

no thanks. that guy is annoying.

Amen to that.

- Mark

jt512

Nov 24, 2003, 5:07 PM
Post #17 of 22 (536 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Beautiful, glorious, funny, heart-breaking, soul-quenching, lovely, warm, joyous, devastating movie.

I liked the movie, too, but I can't get that damned song out of my head. It's wose than "It's a Small, Small World."

-Jay

calliope

Nov 24, 2003, 6:26 PM
Post #18 of 22 (536 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

I liked the movie, too, but I can't get that damned song out of my head. It's wose than "It's a Small, Small World."

-Jay

"I don't want a lot for Christmas..."

or

"I feel it in my fingers. I feel it in my toes. Love is all around me....Bugger I can't get it right."

maculated

Nov 24, 2003, 6:42 PM
Post #19 of 22 (536 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Bad that you remember both verbatim.

calliope

Nov 24, 2003, 6:49 PM
Post #20 of 22 (536 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Yup. That's taking up valuable space in the brain where something important should reside. :?

jt512

Nov 24, 2003, 6:51 PM
Post #21 of 22 (536 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:

-Jay

or

"I feel it in my fingers. I feel it in my toes. Love is all around me....Bugger I can't get it right."

The latter. I may have to seek professional deprogramming.

-Jay

calliope

Nov 24, 2003, 9:01 PM
Post #22 of 22 (536 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:

-Jay

or

The latter. I may have to seek professional deprogramming.

-Jay

See if they'll offer a two-for-one special or something. I honestly hadn't thought about that song at all until your post, and now it won't get out of my head. :evil:

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook