Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Cannon Cliff Big Wall Beta?
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

big_wall_theorist

Mar 2, 2002, 11:44 PM
Post #1 of 9 (3646 views)
Shortcut

Cannon Cliff Big Wall Beta?  (Australasia: Australia: South_Australia: Adelaide: Pelican_Plaza: Storm_boy_wall)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I'm looking for beta on Cannon Cliff's grade V's. I can't seem to find any beta on the routes. I have some old topos of VMC Direct Direct, The Fruit Cup Wall, and Stryder Wall to Labyrinth Wall...but they are extremely outdated. I've heard all 3 of these are going completly clean now? Does anyone have any recent beta on any of the aid routes on Cannon cliff at all (which are going clean an which arn't, grades, etc...)? I'm looking to head up that way in a few weeks for some cooooooooold big wall climbing.

[ This Message was edited by: big_wall_theorist on 2002-03-02 15:47 ]

big_wall_theorist

Mar 5, 2002, 3:46 AM
Post #2 of 9 (3646 views)
Shortcut

Cannon Cliff Big Wall Beta? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

What's up? No one climbed aid on cannon? I'm begging for some beta. You mean to tell me there are no big wall theorists in new england?

sizzlechest

Mar 5, 2002, 5:02 AM
Post #3 of 9 (3646 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

hey big wall tough guy, call IME in north conway, I think a big section of Lab wall fell off a few years ago during the rockfall of the century... direct direct totally goes it's free at 10+, giver the duke those were my old stomping grounds, ah memories....

big_wall_theorist

Mar 5, 2002, 4:08 PM
Post #4 of 9 (3646 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I guess that is what I'll have to do then, since I guess no one in NH is a Big Wall Though Guy like myself

Thanks chisle chest...I mean sizzle chest

jumaringjeff

Mar 5, 2002, 5:12 PM
Post #5 of 9 (3646 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey dude. Looking for any company on your trip? I'm looking for someone that has lots of experience in big wall and is willing to take a newbie like myself. I've only done TR/sport climbs, but I an eager to learn the 'ways of the wall'. I live in the Boston area so I can get to CC in no time flat.

Happy jumaring,
jj

jumaringjeff

Mar 5, 2002, 5:16 PM
Post #6 of 9 (3646 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey dude. Looking for any company on your trip? I'm looking for someone that has lots of experience in big wall and is willing to take a newbie like myself. I've only done TR/sport climbs, but I an eager to learn the 'ways of the wall'. I live in the Boston area so I can get to CC in no time flat.

Happy jumaring,
jj

big_wall_theorist

Mar 5, 2002, 7:07 PM
Post #7 of 9 (3646 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Sorry man, not this trip. It's going to be full on Winter conditions at Cannon (hopefully ). Not exactly the type of conditions to be showing someone the ropes in. Trust me, you don't want your first big wall experience to be a cold and snowy one. Maybe when the whether gets nicer, we could work something out though.

BTW - You should really get some trad experience before you even begin to try and learn the ways of the big walls. Gotta take one step at a time.

[ This Message was edited by: big_wall_theorist on 2002-03-05 11:09 ]

[ This Message was edited by: big_wall_theorist on 2002-03-05 11:10 ]

quart

Mar 6, 2002, 7:04 AM
Post #8 of 9 (3646 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey, BWT!!! Climbing mag. did an article on wall routes in New Hampshire a few years ago. It's in issue #170-August 97(the cover has a picture of the Titan). There are topos and gear lists for the VMC Direct Direct, Labyrinth Wall Direct, Fruit Cup Wall and Across the Great Divide, as well as some routes at Cathedral Ledge. I found it at the local library, maybe you'll be so lucky?

big_wall_theorist

Mar 6, 2002, 7:57 AM
Post #9 of 9 (3646 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

That Climbing Mag is where I got my inital beta from! It's still the only beta I have though. It only has the original route descriptions and very little about what's going clean and such. In 4 years the whole damn big wall section on canon could be going free and clean, so I really need some more recent beta on the wall. I'm actually not too fussed about the beta anymore...it just adds to the adventure. However, I would like to know what routes may have been affected by this supposive rock fall???

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook