RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Mental Training: The Rock Warrior's Way

Premier Sponsor:

iamthewallress

Dec 17, 2003, 7:27 PM
Post #1 of 3 (2052 views)
Shortcut

Warrior's Way Resolutions?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Have any of you made any new ones for 2004? How 'bout WW goals accomplished/in progress in 2003?

arnoilgner

Jan 7, 2004, 11:13 PM
Post #2 of 3 (2052 views)
Shortcut

Re: Warrior's Way Resolutions? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Melissa, I have one that isn't necessarily for 2004 but something I've been working on year round.
That is: observing myself.
We can learn a lot about ourselves, like getting offended, or being defensive, or habits we have, or words we habitually use, etc.
To pick one, let it be words. I truly believe all of those "powerless" words in Chp 2 need to be eliminated when we speak. Ask yourself, "Do I really agree with what Arno is saying about those words" or do you simply think it's silly? If you really believe they leak power then observe yourself so you can catch yourself when you use them. Then change how you express yourself.

That's one simple resolution that can be very revealing.
arno

lou_dale

Jan 11, 2004, 1:45 AM
Post #3 of 3 (2052 views)
Shortcut

Re: Warrior's Way Resolutions? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

i met a lot of my goals set last year. my goals for this year is to improve on being the best warrior example i can be.........and that includes for myself as i am my toughest critic.

i am all about being aware and trusting. aware of what is available before me - usually right in front of me - and me not using a softer eye focus to see it more clearly.

as far as trust - my challenge in the past wasn't trusting the system or my partner - it was trusting me - and when i began walking along that journey, i found that i didn't compare my abilities to others, which now that i think about it - is kind of silly.

as far as words.........i took to heart all the words used in the course and the only one that i have a problem with isn't that it is the word but the habit of using the word.................TRY.

i'm really thinking something else and should say that instead so that is part of my 2004 me.......thinking more first before allowing habitual words come out.

trusting myself more; being more aware of what is before me; and realizing that there are a boat-load of words out there to pick and choose from and utilize.

oh....and have the time of my life while climbing. it is probably the only thing i have found thus far that gives me the opportunity to focus entirely on just that. using that love for climbing, i am able to quiet the mind chatter more and more as time goes on. the benefit from that for me has been, i enjoy my climbing that much more.

so with each step in the book, it has not only helped me to become a better climber and partner but a better lou as well - what i used to really really enjoy - i'm even more passionate about now.

thanks for listening

Forums : Clubs : Mental Training: The Rock Warrior's Way

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook