Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
yankee go home?!?
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

rockinice

Jan 27, 2004, 8:10 PM
Post #1 of 3 (2626 views)
Shortcut

yankee go home?!?  (North_America: United_States: North_Carolina: Central: Stone_Mountain_State_Park)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

can anyone compare difficulties between bombay groove (aka yankee go home) and strawberry preserves?

on bombay groove, where is the crux in reference to the bolt after moving right out to the arete?

Partner j_ung

Jan 27, 2004, 8:23 PM
Post #2 of 3 (2626 views)
Shortcut

Re: yankee go home?!? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Warning: onsight spoiler.

I haven't done Strawberry Preserves, but on Bombay Groove the crux is the traverse to the arete. You'll see the line when you're on it. Go due right after clipping the bolt. It's like most of the Stone cruxes: stay calm and you'll send. Panic and you'll eat it. It's all smooth sailing once you hit the arete!

(Just for your personal confusion, I've heard a couple of people say that the crux is the committing move just before that bolt. I didn't have trouble with it. Seems like maybe taller climbers have more trouble there - some kinda mantle-hand-foot match thing.)

Have fun, man! It's the best pitch on the rock. (Don't bother with the second pitch.)

j_ung

rockinice

Jan 28, 2004, 6:02 PM
Post #3 of 3 (2626 views)
Shortcut

Re: yankee go home?!? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

thanks for the info--it's certainly the most striking line on the rock, can't wait to get on it........do strawberry preserves, it's actually quite good...thanks again

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook