climbhigh2005

Jan 29, 2004, 12:22 PM
Post #51 of 209 (7594 views)
Shortcut

Re: Climber's girlfriends?!?! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Why are there women on here seemingly apologetic for how they look? Effort or no effort?

Back in the day . . . my climbing partners used to not recognize me on campus because I was a skirt wearing, makeup sportin' chick in real life. Then I moved on, lived in Yosemite and Mammoth, where that stuff doesn't really jive.

Now I'm back to the real world and a lot of times I feel like a fish out of water. The ladies on this campus try. I was proctoring a test yesterday and looking out and realized that at least 75% of the women were what I'd consider HOT. Good fashion sense, nice hair, makeup, but not bad make up. And then I looked down at myself with my baggy pants and my t-shirt, hair kind of fro-y from biking in the rain, cuts on face from ice climbing . . . it's kind of sad that I can't seem to fit back in. Spending too much money on gear?

Don't apologize for what you do or how you look. Ever. I have been told by a guy that I was possibly the ugliest girl he knew - always covered with bruises, etc . .. yet I also hear the opposite. Who cares!

Climb on!

Don't apologize either way. Be yourself.

I agree... I was in class yesterday, and talking to my girlfriends, and Iw as like "how are you guys always so pretty and dresses nice?" I was sitting there in my baggy green north face pants, with a grey columbia (cheapest sweater ever) sweater... For one I spend all my money on climbing gear, and have to shop at good will.. Love the store, and wouldnt go anywhere else anyway, and 2, I am more about the comfyness then the way I look...

climbhigh2005

Jan 29, 2004, 12:25 PM
Post #52 of 209 (7594 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
Let them keep their clean and showered gym boys and leave the cutie dirtbags for us :wink: !

hahahaha excellent. this topic i find hillarious cuz just the other day this couple came into the gym with a dude who had climbed like twice. no offense to anyone who meets this description but...this couple looked like...well i dunno what...like the dude was jacked and looked like he lived in a gym and the girl looked was like the ditzy cheerleader type that goes for guys that work out in gyms all day lol

i guess you could say they were both the "hot" barbie type but it doesnt matter how much you can lift in the gym...they could not climb for s---! not that i m any good either but it was totally entertaining watching these two (and the guy who had climbed twice in a gym - also equally jacked - trying to show them how it was done hahaha good times!)

hahahaahha so yea...not my type...but like nikegirls perspective...it doenst really matter how your dressed...even if your going climbing...if you can tear it up and crank it out like everyone else you re good in my book! :mrgreen:

rock on everyone!! :mrgreen:

yeah I know... I see this happening alot... sorry guys, but what MALES put a pound of gel in their hair to go climbing? now thats almost as bad as the high heels

climbhigh2005

Jan 29, 2004, 12:27 PM
Post #53 of 209 (7594 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
non climbing girlfriends know there are hottie climbing girls out there... and want to protect their relationship investment... hense the makeup high heels etc. some are lucky enough to break thru... and fall in love with the climbing. and road trips and being dirty

You live in Nashville? Have I ever met you? TN clibmers pretty much meet up somewhere sometime.. LOL
dont think that we have met, i just moved here from san diego... just starting to edge into the climbing community here... i have been to looking glass foster falls, and the kings bluff... looking forward to the spring as there is alot of rock to climb here

lets go climbing sometime!

climbinganne

Jan 29, 2004, 12:43 PM
Post #54 of 209 (7594 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

melissa i only read the first post

kinda closed minded of you

seems petty

believe it or not...some women wear make-up *gasp* for themselves!

never mind...

have a gneiss day

climbhigh2005

Jan 29, 2004, 12:52 PM
Post #55 of 209 (7594 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
melissa i only read the first post

kinda closed minded of you

seems petty

believe it or not...some women wear make-up *gasp* for themselves!

never mind...

have a gneiss day

well you should read my other post too... And guys dont think that I dont wear make up ever.. rgiht now I have some on for school.. just depends on how much time I have and if I feel like putting it on.. I normally wear a little to school everyday... but climbing, and anything like that is just stupid to wear make up.. and I like for people to see the real me :wink:

cjstudent

Jan 29, 2004, 12:53 PM
Post #56 of 209 (7594 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
Girls, here's a tip-- a guy would give his left, uh, you know, for a girl who liked to climb hard and get dirty adn think it is fun to do adn do it with him all the time. What makes the biggest difference in the way you girls look to us is your attitude and the look on your face. Period.

Oh we're out there babe, problem is most guys don't use their left or right you-know-what to get the courage to actually ask us out :wink: :wink: .

Nah thats not the case for all of us. Of course there is more to a girl than just being the outdoors type. But if I found one that was into the outdoors and had other nice traits (such as common sense, good personality...etc) then i wouldn't think twice before asking her out. The problem here at ASU...where everyone wants to look like they like the outdoors...with their North-Face jackets and nalgene bottles carabined to their school backpacks...you have to sift through the posers. And honestly, I haven't seen many girls out and about in the outdoors, which is where i spend the majority of my time.

(edited to put together mumbled throughts)

overlord

Jan 29, 2004, 12:55 PM
Post #57 of 209 (7594 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

my gf didnt wear any makeup but mascara (shes readheaded and her eyelashes are nearly invisible without mascara) when i took her climbing. and even her shoes were quite sensible. it kinda suprised me...

hangerlessbolt

Jan 29, 2004, 3:13 PM
Post #58 of 209 (7594 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Competitiveness, jealousy, and/ or low self-esteem causes people to do some crazy things

Wear whatever makes you feel comfortable…whatever makes you feel good. And if some stranger doesn’t like it…they have their own issues to contend with that has nothing to do with you. Trust me.

There are 70-80% more males in this sport than females…ANY girl who climbs gets “beauty” points right off the bat.

For a climberchick to get a climberdude is like shooting fish in a barrel.

But that’s another story…

Ladies…keep doing what you’re doing…make-up or not…men enjoy watching you climb

-Hanger

stick233

Jan 29, 2004, 3:22 PM
Post #59 of 209 (7594 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Aww Melissa think of it this way....any climber boy who would prefer some fluffed make-up wearing, hair teased, well manicured girl as their girlfriend over the bevy of natural, hard climbing chicks out there, you probably wouldn't want to date them anyway. They find a different type of beauty in that type of woman....given it's a totally plastic kind, but hey, whatever floats their boats. As long as those plastic girls stay away from our scruffy dirtbag climbing boys, I could care less what they do. Let them keep their clean and showered gym boys and leave the cutie dirtbags for us :wink: !

so is it possible to have a balance of the two? i'd be considered a "weekend warrior dirtbag" because i'm only a dirtbag when i climb... after i climb i go home, shower put on a kenneth cole shirt and hit the bars... my girl rarely comes climbing with me and when she does she doesn't climb... she drinks beer, i think we have a pretty good balance... although i would like to climb a little more than i do, i have no regrets.

balance...

mother_sheep

Jan 29, 2004, 3:32 PM
Post #60 of 209 (7594 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I can climb hard and look pretty while doing it. So what's the problem? Are these girls that are annoying you just hanging out? Or are they climbing? Are they distracting you? Does it really matter?

I'm going to the gym after work today. Rest assured that I will not remove what little makeup I wear nor will I mess up my hair for fear of being judged.

dirtineye

Jan 29, 2004, 3:32 PM
Post #61 of 209 (7594 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
Girls, here's a tip-- a guy would give his left, uh, you know, for a girl who liked to climb hard and get dirty adn think it is fun to do adn do it with him all the time. What makes the biggest difference in the way you girls look to us is your attitude and the look on your face. Period.

Oh we're out there babe, problem is most guys don't use their left or right you-know-what to get the courage to actually ask us out :wink: :wink: .
MAN you go off and actually get something done adn the girls come out of the pixelwork!

Can I get in line? Seems like about 5 guys are drooling over you moabbeth, hahaha.

But I want to know if you are SERIOUS about real dirt. Cause that dirt in the desert is dry, Well let me tell you, dry dirt is nothing compared to the damp dirt of the southeast. Hell desert dirt is practically like chalk. You have not lived ( and may not contiue doing so) until you have reached for a jug and instead found it to be a rounded over mud and wet dirt sloper, that you were hoping wound be the butt-saver at the end of a thin section.

dirtineye

Jan 29, 2004, 3:39 PM
Post #62 of 209 (7594 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Melissa, pay no attention to those mean people telling you that you are the one always posing with a smile, etc.

Those of us that have seen you in person know that you are ALWAYS smiling, charming, and friendly. IF I had a daughter, I would hope she would be like you.

andy_reagan

Jan 29, 2004, 3:45 PM
Post #63 of 209 (7594 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

wow first youre raggin' on smokers, now climber's gfs. What next, mellisa? :evil:

Hehe...just kidding. :P

hangerlessbolt

Jan 29, 2004, 3:47 PM
Post #64 of 209 (7594 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I can climb hard and look pretty while doing it. So what's the problem?

*smiles proudly*

EXACTLY

Partner calamity_chk

Jan 29, 2004, 3:57 PM
Post #65 of 209 (7594 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I can climb hard and look pretty while doing it.

I think most climbers are absolutely beautiful. Then again, watching fluid movement over rock just really does it for me.

As for getting in a huff about what other people are doing or wearing, make a fist .. now let it go. You cant change other people and getting upset about it achieves nothing productive. In other words, live and let live.

Personally, I generally dont wear makeup to the crag - because i dont want to deal with my face breaking out. However, I wear plenty of skirts and dresses during the summer and have been known to even wear makeup and high heels. *gasp* Does that make me less of a climber? Does it make me less of a tomboy?

Despite enjoying things like camping and climbing and being able to go a week or so in the dirt without a shower, I am a woman and relish being feminine, even when doing "guy stuff."

mmckinney

Jan 29, 2004, 4:06 PM
Post #66 of 209 (7594 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lets go climbing sometime!sure

mmckinney

Jan 29, 2004, 4:07 PM
Post #67 of 209 (7594 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
non climbing girlfriends know there are hottie climbing girls out there... and want to protect their relationship investment... hense the makeup high heels etc. some are lucky enough to break thru... and fall in love with the climbing. and road trips and being dirty

You live in Nashville? Have I ever met you? TN clibmers pretty much meet up somewhere sometime.. LOL
dont think that we have met, i just moved here from san diego... just starting to edge into the climbing community here... i have been to looking glass foster falls, and the kings bluff... looking forward to the spring as there is alot of rock to climb here

lets go climbing sometime!
sure

rope_burn

Jan 29, 2004, 4:31 PM
Post #68 of 209 (7594 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I got my girlfriend to start climbing with me a few months ago. She's not the make up wearing type and she is cute as any girl out there. In fact, when she is on the wall, she looks hotter than she ever could wearing make up.

howdidshedothat

Jan 29, 2004, 4:44 PM
Post #69 of 209 (7594 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

yeah just admit it guys we climbing chicks rule!! :wink:

climbersoze

Jan 29, 2004, 4:46 PM
Post #70 of 209 (7594 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Kinda late in the game... and the thread has already been hijacked - sort of - but here is my take...

I usually gauge a girl base don how she reacts to our first outing. Wether it is climbing, or backpacking, or even car camping... I look at what she brings with her, and how she reacts to the activity at hand. I took one girl camping on the AT in Shenendoah Nat'l Park, and she brought a BLOW DRYER!!! I always give the benefit of the doubt about what "gear" they bring, but when they whine about the cold, or the rain, or the bugs, or the DIRT... well... to love me is to love the cold, the wind, the rain, the bugs, and the DIRT!!!

One of my mandatory requirements for my soul mate is the woman that can spend a day in the mud with me, then go home and shower, put on an evening gown and go to a 4 star restaurant and turn every head in the room with her poise, and beauty. And be able to do it without "trying".

As far as wearing makeup - well if it is a day trip, whatever... if it is day three and they are using my headlamp to fix their hair before the sun comes up... give me a freakin break.

Of course, who doesn't love a woman who tries to look her best?

Final thought - I want to wake up next to a beautiful woman, not wake up next to a woman and say "I wish she was wearing her makeup". Natural beauty rocks!!!

hangerlessbolt

Jan 29, 2004, 5:04 PM
Post #71 of 209 (7594 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
yeah just admit it guys we climbing chicks rule!! :wink:

Yep...right up until about the time you said that

;)

If you truly rule...trust me...you won't have to tell anyone...they'll already know

hangerlessbolt

Jan 29, 2004, 5:08 PM
Post #72 of 209 (7594 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I want to wake up next to a beautiful woman, not wake up next to a woman and say "I wish she was wearing her makeup".

LoL

We've ALL been there, eh!

LOL!!!

“Fake nails, fake eyelashes, make-up, fake breasts, and fake ass….talking about…she’s looking for a REAL man!”

Partner calamity_chk

Jan 29, 2004, 5:20 PM
Post #73 of 209 (7594 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
If you truly rule...trust me...you won't have to tell anyone...they'll already know

hangerless - you rule. ;)

murf

Jan 29, 2004, 5:39 PM
Post #74 of 209 (7594 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

What always gets me is when people rave about being dirty:

"I'm never happier when I haven't washed my butt in 10 days."
"I love a girl who can smell."

Being dirty isn't really all that much fun. Smelly people are...well, smelly. Now if you got objectives, and you can't get anything done because the person you are with wants to drive to town to cop a shower, that's one thing. But if the girl you are with wants to pluck her eyebrows before breakfast, that's no big deal, as long as she's ready to go at the right time.

Dirt for dirt's sake is one of those climber vanities. The whole, "I'm cooler than the rest of the world because I didn't take a shower" is fairly lame.

Murf

adventureman

Jan 29, 2004, 5:41 PM
Post #75 of 209 (7592 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
The great thing is that my wife can pull off both sides very nice. She can get all fixed up (even though she never wears any make up) and she can get down and dirty camping, hiking, and now a little climbing. It great to have the best of both worlds...

My wife's the same way...and I love it! :D

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook