Forums: Climbing Information: Access Issues & Closures:
Auburn State Recreation Area
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Access Issues & Closures

Premier Sponsor:

wyoclimber3

Feb 1, 2004, 2:28 PM
Post #1 of 3 (1558 views)
Shortcut

Auburn State Recreation Area  (North_America: United_States: Utah: Salt_Lake_-_Utah_Counties: Rock_Canyon: The_Kitchen)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

so it appears that climbing at auburn is either "discouraged" or downright illegal. but it also appears that people continue to climb there. can somebody shed some light on exactly what is the access situation? if i went climbing there would it only make matters worse? is there anything i can do to change the situation?

roughster

Feb 1, 2004, 2:53 PM
Post #2 of 3 (1558 views)
Shortcut

roughster moved this thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

roughster moved this thread from Regional Discussions to Access Issues & Closures.

roughster

Feb 1, 2004, 2:56 PM
Post #3 of 3 (1558 views)
Shortcut

Re: Auburn State Recreation Area [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Thje current status is it is officially illegal to climb there. They have it in writing as well as now the trail in is posted as "No Technical Rock Climbing". Yes people still do climb out there.

Whetehr or not you can hurt access? Tough question. The SRA knows very well people are still climbing out there. The Access Fund is working with the SRA to get access resolved, but every indication from the SRA is they will most likely do everything in their means to stop acces from being legit.

I have coresponded with AF coordinator for the area just recently and am waiting to hear his thoughts on some ideas I had about moving forward, so I'll say probably hold off on doing naything crazy yet ;) But if this last line doesn't produce any effect, we will be forced to start writing letters to the SRA, State Reps, Govenor, Newspapers, basically anyone who will listen and possibly make a difference.

I'll keep you guys posted as soon as I hear back from the Access Fund.

Forums : Climbing Information : Access Issues & Closures

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook