RSS FeedRSS Feeds for General

Premier Sponsor:

metrogroaz

Mar 29, 2004, 8:07 AM
Post #1 of 7 (1008 views)
Shortcut

sunday morning feeling
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

You just gotta love it. Waking up, a little to a lot hungover, your arms still pumped. When you reach to pull the covers off you feel your forearm muscles work, oh you just gotta love it. Then you stand up and feel the effects of the approach hike with your pack on, you know the pull and burn in your inner thigh, then you down a few beers to get the hair of the dog and lounge around on rockclimbing.com adding photos and routes all day. God sundays are the best.

roughster

Mar 29, 2004, 8:11 AM
Post #2 of 7 (1008 views)
Shortcut

Re: sunday morning feeling [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
You just gotta love it. Waking up, a little to a lot hungover, your arms still pumped. When you reach to pull the covers off you feel your forearm muscles work, oh you just gotta love it. Then you stand up and feel the effects of the approach hike with your pack on, you know the pull and burn in your inner thigh, then you down a few beers to get the hair of the dog and lounge around on rockclimbing.com adding photos and routes all day. God sundays are the best.

Too bad today is Monday, eh? :lol:

iltripp

Mar 29, 2004, 1:03 PM
Post #3 of 7 (1008 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm right there with you, except for it being monday morning. Had a fantastic day climbing yesterday (minus the freezing winds 25 meters up). There really is nothing like the night and day after a good trip to the crag after not being able to climb for a while.

Today I feel pumped and sore in a way that training by pulling plastic for hours will never made me feel. Since last night, my body and mind has been in an indescribable dazed and surreal state (aided of course by a bit of alcohol and hash) that only another climber could possibly understand. Every aching fiber of muscle and every stinging abrasion brings back flashes of memories from the day before.

Now I just have to live through a week or so of pulling plastic before my easter break climbing trip starts...

metrogroaz

Mar 29, 2004, 6:13 PM
Post #4 of 7 (1008 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

yea it does suck that its monday morning, but it is alright with me because after a good climb, school and my job sure feel alot easier and a lot more meaningless.

slablizard

Mar 29, 2004, 6:29 PM
Post #5 of 7 (1008 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Yep.
I was way pissed off yesterday, cause the "wife" didn't let me go climb outdoor.
And it was just for the afternoon fu#$!
Anyway I went to the gym and wasted myself TR (since noone of the people there could lead belay) after that I started bouldering to burn myself for good.
Had fun, I'm sore, but still I would have preferred 2 hours outdoor to 5 indoor.

Shaisser!
Ok next weekend, or I divorce.
WTF!

leinosaur

Mar 29, 2004, 7:12 PM
Post #6 of 7 (1008 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

we had a rainy saturday so your sunday is my Monday - better to do the recupe at work anyway . . .

I'm extra psyched 'cause my partner was late to the trailhead and I had started to think I'd have to go it solo - but she finally showed! Never been so glad to see somebody.

yep, back to the plastic 'til the weekend - bloody flat OKC, no boulders . . .

ciao y'all
dig the post

leinosaur

Partner j_ung

Mar 29, 2004, 7:51 PM
Post #7 of 7 (1008 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

I feel your pain, brother. Saturday at Whiteside pretty much killed all but the laziest of plans for Sunday. When did I become such a yuppie weekend warrior?

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook