RSS FeedRSS Feeds for General

Premier Sponsor:

superdiamonddave

Mar 29, 2004, 9:57 PM
Post #1 of 2 (571 views)
Shortcut

Tobacco juice & climbing...just spit!
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Let's face it, I get amped up on Skoal. And on a long route, I dip and spit. The key here is to not spit on the route, which can be tough in windy conditions. Instead, I discharge my brown caustic cancerous liquid a few feet away, but never on another route. Also, it's a real plus to not spit on thy belayer and thusly pissing him off...could cause your belayer to want to escape the belay and leave you hosed. :shock:

Never could stand smoking, so for the past 20 years it has been smokeless for me. Hard to quit. Maybe someday... :(

I guess you smokers light up at the belays on multi-pitch and pocket the butts. But for us spitters, carrying a container to use is just not a viable option. So there you have it. :twisted:

climbersoze

Mar 29, 2004, 10:04 PM
Post #2 of 2 (571 views)
Shortcut

Re: Tobacco juice & climbing...just spit! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Swallow.

On a serious note... you ever try using Skoal Bandits? If you dip Skoal, then maybe Bandits would work. You dont end up with the mess like dipping loose tobacco. I never liked em. Me... I dip Kodiak... but my gut has gotten immune to swallowing the junk.... Of course, I am always looking for a way to keep from having to swallow that big mouthful....

this is a nasty topic, but anyone who chews while climbing has to deal with it, right?

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook