RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Bouldering

Premier Sponsor:

pusherem

Mar 29, 2004, 11:27 PM
Post #1 of 9 (1562 views)
Shortcut

GS Comp follow up...
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

So, to all of you who made it out to the comp, did you have a kick a$$ time or what? The rain was a bummer, but we all braved thru the slimey slopey top outs and had a great time any way.

dredsovrn

Mar 29, 2004, 11:33 PM
Post #2 of 9 (1562 views)
Shortcut

Re: GS Comp follow up... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I couldn't stay the whole time because of a prior engagement, but I had a great time. That was my first comp and I will definitely be back. I didn't realize it until later Eric, but you signed off on one of my problems-Twin Arete Left I think. Anyway, I agree. Great event and a great time.

sto

Mar 30, 2004, 12:50 PM
Post #3 of 9 (1562 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Very fun comp. I was really impressed with the breadth of the types of problems on this beautiful diabase rock. Aretes, cracks, slopy topouts, slabs, crimps, overhangs, dynos. And generally good landings. I'm surprised that Governor Stable and Haycock (near Phila.) which is the same kind of rock I understand, isn't more acclaimed. I had to leave early though -- are the results going to be posted somewhere?

jkarns

Mar 30, 2004, 1:39 PM
Post #4 of 9 (1562 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

The results will be posted on http://www.paclimbers.org as soon as Mike ROhler gets them to me. they're on his computer.

chronicle

Mar 30, 2004, 2:18 PM
Post #5 of 9 (1562 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

It was a blast. I had my fiance with me. It was her first time climbing outside, and she is hooked. We are planning a trip out in a couple of weeks to send some problems that didn't go on Saturday.

Huge thanks to the PAC, Josh, Randy, Annie (sorry I don't know everyone elses names), you all worked your asses off, and put together a great event.

pusherem

Mar 30, 2004, 8:29 PM
Post #6 of 9 (1562 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

anyone else? i know alot of people were there...

sto

Mar 31, 2004, 8:59 AM
Post #7 of 9 (1562 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Ouch. That elbow to head looked like it really hurt. Jim is a big dude. He felt really bad about it though. As did the person whose Drop Zone got bled all over I'm sure!

Good send though dbyte on Bread Loaf Arete! What a great technical problem. I got the biscuit on the arete w/ the right hand but barndoored off and got demoralized and moved on after someone said the hard move was actually after that -- crossing your right foot through. Izzat how you dunnit?

walllizzard

Mar 31, 2004, 9:37 AM
Post #8 of 9 (1562 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

It was a great day at the comp. Its a shame i didnt get a chance to chat more with ppl. I was trying just to get all ten problems in, my poor poor hands, lol.. This year was much better than last , not nearly as muddy, rock was more dry ( after the rocks did dry off, last year they stayed damp all day) and great job with the hay, made walking over the mud like walking on my old water bed. lol. Well Kudos to all who helped out and of course to Josh, Anne, Randy and Mike. Lets not forget anyone who helped out with cleaning up before the comp, trail improvement and such, those who stayed out in the field with head lamps and all marking the routes for the day of the comp and those who went back out sunday to climb a bit and help clean up our area. Perhaps the ones we should really thank are the landowners who allow us to climb at GS giving us one of the best bouldering sites in PA.

jkarns

Mar 31, 2004, 1:56 PM
Post #9 of 9 (1562 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I think the best thing about this year's comp was that we got folks coming from a wide geographical area, and the conditions turned out to be good! I feel like in many ways folks are finally starting to learn that the bouldering at GS is outta sight! Well, I for one will be heading out there on a very regular basis until it gets hot and overgrown, as it does every summer. Drop me a note if you're heading out, as I might meet up with you!

rock on

Josh

PS--If anyone missed the comp but wants to check out the boulders, an annual pass can be purchased at http://www.paclimbers.org for $15.

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Bouldering

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook