First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

Partner wideguy

Apr 15, 2004, 7:36 PM
Post #26 of 129 (2440 views)
Shortcut

Re: ...a HUGE thank you to Climbinganne... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

ALLRIGHT ALLRIGHT ALLRIGHT!!! I'm SORRY I was ashmuck and didn't help clean or carry wood but....

Um, wait, I wasn't there. Sorry.

But seriously, outsider's perspective, sadly it sounds like you got bit by the inevitable. It takes a MASSIVE amount of organization to pull off such a gathering and it sounds like Anne et al were about 99% successful. Unfortunately there will always be those don't share the common decency to pull their weight, or like Steve said, maybe simply don't think about it. We weren't all raised the same, ya know? The easiest and surest solution will be to do the invite route. Which really shouldn't matter much since I'd wager that all of you here will get your invites and those that don't won't be much missed.

My friends and I gave up on that organization thing when camping. Reduced it to basics. All be here on this day and other than that you're on your own. :D

Partner tgreene

Apr 15, 2004, 7:44 PM
Post #27 of 129 (2440 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
My friends and I gave up on that organization thing when camping. Reduced it to basics. All be here on this day and other than that you're on your own. :D

Excuse me pal, but your LOGICAL THINKING simply has no place in this thread! :mrgreen:

Partner wideguy

Apr 15, 2004, 7:57 PM
Post #28 of 129 (2440 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

Excuse me pal, but your LOGICAL THINKING simply has no place in this thread! :mrgreen:

Or in this case, $5 ($10, $20) for your tent site. $5 for firewood since it would be hard to not share fire. and THEN you're on your own.

Has nothing to do with logical. Just disorganized and lazy. Planning on the level Anne did is completely beyond me. 8)

Partner tgreene

Apr 15, 2004, 9:32 PM
Post #29 of 129 (2440 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Actually, Anne's planning wasn't 99%, it was more like 107%! :wink:

Her thought processes were that everyone would/should live and work together as a team, but a few of us failed her and the rest of the community... Some such as myself by simple oversight as previously mentioned, and others via a mean spirited "screw you" attitude... :shock:

I didn't mean for this thread to stray away from the original intent (and it has only slightly), but to show the climbing community as a whole what Anne (and people like her) means to some of us, and to thank her for her diligent efforts, even though others may not necessarily feel the same way.

Those who felt it was a sham were free to have left immediately, and probably should have. Instead, they kept griping all-the-while staying on to climb and even going so far as making FA's and then bragging them up AT ANNIE'S EVENT that they so vocally despised! :roll:

rockartist43

Apr 15, 2004, 9:48 PM
Post #30 of 129 (2440 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

well as for holding us back tim no way we were there ,yes to climb but also as a family and if there were lost children in the mix then it was our duty to attend and make sure they are (were)safe and have a blast like everyone else .there was no singleing out nor will there be where ever we all attend ... most welcome and a pleasure to share the experience as well as making new friends ,,,, eric

Partner tgreene

Apr 15, 2004, 10:04 PM
Post #31 of 129 (2440 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

:cry: :cry: :cry: It's posts like the above that are exactly what my new sigline conveys...

rockartist43

Apr 15, 2004, 10:15 PM
Post #32 of 129 (2440 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Now its my turn! t o begin with , I met annie last year through being invited to the ooze fest ,,, do you know the minute i arrived at the fest late she came right up to me right in my face and hugged me gave me a kiss on the cheek and said you are always welcome ,,(how many people do you know that would have opened a door like that on first site ,,, not many and we all know this is true ... , despite the crap that transpired between annie and my self (this year ) and i am sorry for the upheavel to everyone !!! i too must add on top of it all i love annie like a sister ive never had ,,she has always been there for me with smiles and hugs ,, if i never got to meet her it would have been a terrible loss ,, we all get tired of ourselves and dont want to own up to our own misgivings and we all point fingers and we all know this is true ,,, annie opened her heart and home to me with out even knowing who i was ... she is so beautiful inside and out ,, life experiences have a way of destroying our own persons after there are so many probs one tends to slip into the darker side of living i know this to be true i've been there and know from experience ,,,, what happens to a persons drive and emotions ! annie hats off to you girl i mean this from my heart ,,she is so full of love she bursts and we or alot of us dont really see the true gem in the rough that annie is ,,, i hope to have her as my friend for a very long time ,,, she is giving , kind , thoughtful and if i could use strong swear word to describe an intense feeling i would but it would be removed so i wont .... ,,,, !!!!!!!(*^%*%*%((* there in a nut shell ,,, i admit i shared anger too but in the long run despite words spoken ,,,, i would hope to be her friend for a long long long time ... and i would climb with her anywhere she is always welcome in my world .. and her little dog too !!!! now for her kids they are wonderful she is a fantastic mother an childern reflect their surroundings so if that tells you anything just look how wonderful ashley and andrew are ,,,, ........ :D i tried to use spell check forgive my errors ,,,eric

charley

Apr 16, 2004, 12:55 AM
Post #33 of 129 (2440 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Now if she would just learn to relax and havea little fun once in awhile. :lol:

walllizzard

Apr 16, 2004, 3:35 AM
Post #34 of 129 (2440 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Well all i can say is thanks anne for getting me involved. If it wasnt for anne i would have never known or really come to Oozefest and yall wouldnt have CD's, lol. When i met anne all she talked about was Ooze fest and how i had to come down so i did and i havent regretted it. Yes like any event , especially when you have ppl coming and going, there is the Drama that goes with it. You will alwasy have ppl who will do most of the work and a few who will choose to do little or no work. I have never let the later ruin anything i have ever done. Heck i stirred the Poop, lol, why cause it needed done. I beleive the core group off ppl that are at Oozefest are there to have a good time and help each other as much as possible, regardless of miss-understood comments or feelings. I am very gratefull to have had the opertunity to have met all of you and plan on seeing some of you at the crags or hope to anyway. I cannot say enough thanks to Anne for planning this event and of course ragging me to attend. And of course thanks goes toall who took me under there wing to show me around Nelson and surrounding areas, i picked up alot of stuff, hope to use some of it. Well later all just wanted to get some of my thoughts out, good climbing to all and to all good cranking.

dan

walllizzard

Apr 16, 2004, 3:42 AM
Post #35 of 129 (2440 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Oh yeah lets not forget John and EJ when they showed up, they really pulled more than their own weight, they cleaned up the kitchen, organized and offered to help in anyway they could. So Kudos to John and EJ, hop ey aguys had a great wk.

Dan

Partner philbox

Apr 16, 2004, 4:01 AM
Post #36 of 129 (2440 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Phil moved this thread from Community to Ooze hugathon

Glad you guys had such a great time. :D

capn_morgan

Apr 16, 2004, 4:12 AM
Post #37 of 129 (2440 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I defiantly should have made my way down there. I hope there is going to be a next year. Classes be damned ill be there.

erica44

Apr 16, 2004, 12:07 PM
Post #38 of 129 (2440 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm sorry I thought this thread was about thanking anne...oh wait it is. :)

THANK YOU ANNE

I don't remember who said it on page one, but I agree with them. if someone has any ill will toward anne or others that contributed greatly to this event, don't be afraid to show, but do be afraid to get your ass kicked. those of you who speak negatively about anne are just jealous because you know deep down that you couldn't do half of what she did or be half the person anne is.

I have known anne for almost 2 years, and from the first time I met her, I have always enjoyed being around her. she is just a lot of fun. her kids rock, and griff...well griff is THE dog. Oozefest was a blast, and she introduced me to the people I didn't know, including coach, who I feel real close to now. Being a state organizer, I had the dubious honor of listening to anne tell me on the phone about all that she was doing and all that she wanted to do for this trip, and I remember thinking "holy crap that is a lot to do". She never once hesitated about putting in the money to make this happen. you know what, ANNE IS THE MOST UNSELFISH PERSON I KNOW. and anyone that takes advantage of that should be shot right between the eyes.

Oozefest would not have happend if it wasn't for anne and her crew. I know I didn't feel like I helped out as much as I could while I was there the last weekend, but thats because every time I offered they wouldn't let me. I did notice those that skipped out completely while all the chores were being taken care of.

tying this all back to its purpose. THANK YOU ANNE, for all that you did, for all that you do, and for all that you are. LOTS OF LOVE ANNE.

Erica

djmeat

Apr 16, 2004, 12:16 PM
Post #39 of 129 (550 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Alcoholism may be a disease of isolation, but it is rarely an individual problem.

Helping the "enabler"—the person who allows the alcoholic to be an alcoholic -- is as critical to treating the disease as helping the alcoholic him or herself. In fact, some experts believe that "codependency" (the behavior of enablers), may actually be a type of "disease" in itself.

Understanding how "enabling" works is the first step in helping both the alcoholic and the co-dependent seek help.

Who Is An Enabler?
Most often, enablers are persons who genuinely care about the alcoholic -- family, friends, co-workers, clergy.

Their love and concern, unfortunately, often leads them to do things that actually help the alcoholic stay that way.

They "cover" for the alcoholic, inventing excuses for absenteeism, tardiness, or inappropriate behavior.

They "save" the alcoholic by taking on the alcoholic's responsibilities or sharing in the denial of the problem.

Yet, in their attempts to "help," they are in fact encouraging alcoholic behavior by shielding the alcoholic from the consequences of his or her drinking.

Where To Get Help
If you, or someone you know, needs help with a codependency problem, there are numerous organizations that can provide additional information and referrals.

Check the "Yellow Pages" of your phone directory under "Alcoholism" for local organizations, or call one of the following toll-free hotlines: 800-ALCOHOL or 800-662-HELP.

There was good and bad this year. Just like last. I had a good time with most of the people. I had a bad time with a few of the people. good luck next year guys. I will be up to my elbows in snow. Thank you Anne for taking this burdern on your shoulders. But please pass the torch. You deserve some time off.

Partner tgreene

Apr 16, 2004, 12:41 PM
Post #40 of 129 (550 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Well, since it seems that Todd has chosen to show himself for who or what he is, let me add to it!

The following is the complete text of conversation that transpired immediately after I began this thread yesterday. He initiated it, and then ran away as is so typical... Due to the way he has written his profile, this is in no way a violation of anything, since he's very clear that NOTHING is to remain private or sacred! :evil:
In reply to:
Disclaimer: I consider all contact with me public knowledge. PM's, Instant messages and emails to or from me are not and never shall be private. If you don't like it. Don't talk to me.

Now on to the real Todd!

In reply to:
DJMeatwhip: dude
DJMeatwhip: Tim for such a smart guy

TGreene223: ???

DJMeatwhip: you say alot of dumb shit from time to time

TGreene223: like?

DJMeatwhip: I'm not even going to bother bringing it up
DJMeatwhip: since you will not back down in a debate about indiviguals liek anne

TGreene223: but you just did!

DJMeatwhip: just to let you know
DJMeatwhip: way to open mouth insert foot

TGreene223: there is GOOD and BAD in everyone... I'm only pointing to the good

DJMeatwhip: apparently

TGreene223: I could point to the NEGATIVES in each of us, including you and I, but I choose to see the sunnier side of people

DJMeatwhip: I choose to see the whole person
DJMeatwhip: instead of choosing the overly optomistic or over pissimistic version

TGreene223: w/o ppl like Anne, events would NEVER get off the ground, let alone take place

DJMeatwhip: the ammount of planning ane put into that event should have taken no more than a day or soo

TGreene223: I have been in her place twice before, that's why I chose to post what I did
TGreene223: it's a thankless job

DJMeatwhip: I too have been a promoter
DJMeatwhip: there just wasn't that much work put it
DJMeatwhip: add to that her ridiulous daily tyraids and I wish I hadn't come

TGreene223: there is a hell of a lot more than one might think

DJMeatwhip: like I just said
DJMeatwhip: I have organized plenty of events

TGreene223: such as

DJMeatwhip: I understand just aswell as the next guy
DJMeatwhip: Multiple raves
DJMeatwhip: which I can assure you are far more complicated than any gathering

TGreene223: when dealing with things like a rave, you already have a set and established location, not a week long event
TGreene223: so I digress, you haven't been there done that yet

DJMeatwhip: TIm
DJMeatwhip: drop it

TGreene223: you brought it up, I only felt it was right to send out PM's to all involved, and I did

Yahoo! Messenger: djmeatwhip has logged out. (4/15/2004 9:36 AM)

In all honesty, I couldn't wait to meet Todd, but once I did, I can now say that I have never met a bigger douchbag in all my years! He's the most self centered, selfish, whinny pissant I've ever had the displeasure of knowing. Hell, he went so far as to suggest that KimmyT be set up in a rather overtly antagonistic fashion, just so he could sit back and guage the response. He violated the simple parking policy, and then became obsessed with it. He couldn't lift a hand to help with any of the chores because his hands hurt, yet that didn't stop him from climbing. He even took a ton of firewood from the pile to secure the tarp over his tent, rather than walking 10 feet to the stream to collect rocks like everyone else!

Todd: You're going to live a very lonely life because you have a knack for alienating everyone around you, and karma always wins out in the end!

kimmyt

Apr 16, 2004, 12:57 PM
Post #41 of 129 (550 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Hell, he went so far as to suggest that KimmyT be set up in a rather overtly antagonistic fashion, just so he could sit back and guage the response.

.....wha??????

:?

Partner tgreene

Apr 16, 2004, 1:00 PM
Post #42 of 129 (550 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I didn't stutter! :shock:

djmeat

Apr 16, 2004, 1:46 PM
Post #43 of 129 (550 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Nice Tim

Drama++

djmeat

Apr 16, 2004, 1:48 PM
Post #44 of 129 (550 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Well, since it seems that Todd has chosen to show himself for who or what he is, let me add to it!

In all honesty, I couldn't wait to meet Todd, but once I did, I can now say that I have never met a bigger douchbag in all my years! He's the most self centered, selfish, whinny pissant I've ever had the displeasure of knowing. Hell, he went so far as to suggest that KimmyT be set up in a rather overtly antagonistic fashion, just so he could sit back and guage the response. He violated the simple parking policy, and then became obsessed with it. He couldn't lift a hand to help with any of the chores because his hands hurt, yet that didn't stop him from climbing. He even took a ton of firewood from the pile to secure the tarp over his tent, rather than walking 10 feet to the stream to collect rocks like everyone else!

Todd: You're going to live a very lonely life because you have a knack for alienating everyone around you, and karma always wins out in the end!

Yeah I guess I'm a totally self centered ass for suggesting mojo glen and I leave the nice warm camp. to drive out to seneca and run up the stair master well after dark. to make sure you and Erik were o.k.

Tim I am less than impressed. Were we even at the same gathering?

If you were a real freind you wouldn't be enabling in such a pathetic manner. Tim you can disagree with me. But there is no need to get so hateful.

Partner tgreene

Apr 16, 2004, 1:57 PM
Post #45 of 129 (550 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Rather than attempting to play the role of the wounded puppy, please tell us all that any of what I posted above isn't the truth, or simply explain yourself and your actions...

We're waiting! :roll:

dookie

Apr 16, 2004, 2:01 PM
Post #46 of 129 (550 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Todd, I think America's glad that Finland gets to have you :lol:

Enabling is not the same as thanking someone for hard work and effort, todd, which is exactly what is happening. Did some folks have moments of anger at others? Sure. There was plenty reason for it, too - ask just about anyone who was there to see why folks got upset. Some of what happened was pretty stupid sh!t that risked us not being able to have oozefest next year, or could have gotten us all fined (i.e. the parking situation). By thanking the organizer of this event there is no enabling going on todd, merely compassion and gratitude that are well deserved.
If you're going to accuse someone of being an alchoholic, shame on you for doing it in such a dispicable manner. Personal attacks and accusations like that are not course for a public forum, you of all people should know that.

Partner tgreene

Apr 16, 2004, 2:10 PM
Post #47 of 129 (550 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Tim you can disagree with me. But there is no need to get so hateful.

Actually, this all stems from a post you made on Sunday evening, so YOU had better be very careful about calling me or anyone to the carpet about hateful comments!

In reply to:
http://www.rockclimbing.com/...41&highlight=#703941

Really this week for me was completely different for me from last year except the melodrama. I really need to make a point of not hanging out with mentally unstable, raging alcoholics...
<snip>
Really to bad I let myself get sucked into so much BS.
<snip>
But I can’t wait for Oozefest 3 UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT!
(well o.k. OF 4 since there is no way I will make it back next year)

FWIW: I was actually very surprised to see you in the rescue party, as it seemed to be so out of character from what I had seen all week. :?

marshall84

Apr 16, 2004, 2:12 PM
Post #48 of 129 (550 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
If you're going to accuse someone of being an alchoholic, shame on you for doing it in such a dispicable manner.

Hmmm...and people are wondering why next year will be invitation only.

Can't understand why. :roll:

djmeat

Apr 16, 2004, 2:13 PM
Post #49 of 129 (550 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

First I don't have to explain of my actions to a person clearly incapable of seeing past his own nose.

But for the benefit of others.

Point one. I have no idea what you are talking about with KimmyT. While I found her character in person less than 100% likable. That by no means makes me want to set her up for anything.

Second point. "He violated the simple parking policy" Me and everybody else. That rule was applied arbitrarily. According to Anne’s current mood and level of intoxication.

Third point. "He couldn't lift a hand to help with any of the chores because his hands hurt" This sounds like you are posting directly from a PM from Anne. Yeah I busted up my right and pretty good. after being sand bagged(by Anne) 3 full grades on a rest day.
But when was I not helping. When I put in hours of trail work over at Franklin. When I helped Mojo tear down the water system on multiple occasion. When I hand built the steps and patio down to the shower(block by muth humpin heavy ass stone block)?? When I went to help get wood with you. When I paid 100 dollars to park for a week. (yeah I put flesh to stone on 2 occasions all week at nelson so those climbs cost 50 bucks a piece)

Fourth point "He even took a ton of firewood from the pile to secure the tarp over his tent" you will note the night I did that was very cold(mid 20’s) and very windy(40 to 60 mile an hour gusts) the idea of traipsing around the banks of a creek digging rocks out barehanded was not one I relished. You will also note I had no problem with it being removed then for burning later.
“rather than walking 10 feet to the stream to collect rocks like everyone else!”
You are wrong it was more like 4 feet. 4 feet straight down to the water.

Tim it’s obvious you are still sour about the argument we had around the camp fire. And I have to say you were the lone arguer for you side. It’s really to bad you want to air out the gatherings dirty laundry like this. But hey I’m game.

Partner tgreene

Apr 16, 2004, 2:17 PM
Post #50 of 129 (550 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

To change the tone for a moment, I would like to add that I did take the time to call NRP yesterday morning and personally thank Justin and the NRP Staff for such a wonderful time, and then asked that he pass on my gratitude to the others that helped to make OozeFest such a WONDERFUL event......

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook