RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

doktor_g

Apr 16, 2004, 11:11 PM
Post #1 of 3 (895 views)
Shortcut

Mexican Climbing
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I've been to Potrero twice and I think I may have some time this december (04). Looking into planning a trip for some bigwalls. Any hints? I've heard about a place in western Mexico called copperhead canyon or something. Anybody know anything about rock qual/quan or point me to a resource about big walling in the winter somewhere?

Thanks,
Grover

mcumbrae

Apr 16, 2004, 11:33 PM
Post #2 of 3 (895 views)
Shortcut

Re: Mexican Climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

The name is Copper Canyon... it is about 5 hours from where i live, despite being in the same state (about 8 hours from El Paso, Texas). There are several sport and aid routes on a huge cliff named El Gigante, and at the Basaseachi Waterfall. Canīt risk giving you much more information as i am not anywhere near the level of big wall routes, but i went there last weekend to a place named Rancho San Lorenzo that offers several sport routes from 5.9 to 5.13 both single and multipitch and is very close to the big wall of El Gigante. I can get you maps, pics and some more information on the routes, just give me one more day. By the way, coming here in winter will be a waste of time. Last weekend (in the middle of April, for godīs sake) we were caught by heavy snow and rain. It is a VERY COLD PLACE.

doktor_g

Apr 18, 2004, 6:53 AM
Post #3 of 3 (895 views)
Shortcut

Re: Mexican Climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Thanks amigo!!!
Yeah I'd be real interested in what ever you got. I'm not that hot of a climber, but I'm not scared to pull on good gear. I guess it's limestone like potrero or is it sierra granite? What's the elev? And last Q... What's the haps at Hueco?

Thanks for any info.
Grover

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook