Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Bouldering observation
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

davisjl1979

Aug 16, 2004, 6:44 PM
Post #1 of 6 (1258 views)
Shortcut

Bouldering observation  (North_America: United_States: California: Joshua_Tree_National_Park: _Joshua_Tree_National_Park_Overview_)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I read a post on the door at Nomad Ventures that the Joshua Tree Park Service is starting to take notice of abuse from crash pads being thrown on vegetation, and other abuse (not to sure what) caused by bouldering. Just a good bit of information so we don't piss off the park service, and cause access issues. So lets try to stay on the trails and not squash the ratty bushes :wink:

salamanizer

Aug 17, 2004, 3:28 AM
Post #2 of 6 (1258 views)
Shortcut

Re: Bouldering observation [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Ha Ha, those bushes are like a million years old and live off dry dirt, and judging by the scratches on my legs, are tougher than me. Whats a little squashing gonna do? Other than piss off the rangers. Maybe someone aught to start a "Dont squish the bush" campain. Maybe put up signs that read no bush diveing, or, don't over use the bush, it causes dry baren spots and friction with the locals. How about, save some bush for future generations? Ok I'm done, sorry if you actually read this.

pbjosh

Aug 17, 2004, 6:05 AM
Post #3 of 6 (1258 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Ha Ha, those bushes are like a million years old and live off dry dirt, and judging by the scratches on my legs, are tougher than me. Whats a little squashing gonna do? Other than piss off the rangers. Maybe someone aught to start a "Dont squish the bush" campain. Maybe put up signs that read no bush diveing, or, don't over use the bush, it causes dry baren spots and friction with the locals. How about, save some bush for future generations? Ok I'm done, sorry if you actually read this.

For "25 and feel like you're 18", you communicate like your 12 and think like you're 6.

It doesn't matter if you think this and it doesn't matter if you're right. If the Park Service deems bouldering to have a negative impact it could seriously hamper access for bouldering in Jtree. That's what matters.

salamanizer

Aug 18, 2004, 3:07 AM
Post #4 of 6 (1258 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

No sh*t genius. I was jokeing, cant you take a joke? Even if it's pointless and immature. Must you always walk around with a stick up your azz? I understand the park services argument and the enviromental impact. I also do my part in following park rules (whether I agree or not) as every person who wishes to continue climbing should. For you to personally attack me on such an obviously rediculous post shows lack of characer.

davisjl1979

Aug 18, 2004, 4:10 AM
Post #5 of 6 (1258 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Just as long as we all agree on the severity of the situation :D , and Salamanizer if you would have posted some of your positive points of your second post with your first, I'm sure there would have been no confusion or misunderstandings on your stance of how you respect the environment of the park. 8^)

salamanizer

Aug 18, 2004, 4:43 AM
Post #6 of 6 (1258 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Agreed!!

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook