Premier Sponsor:

sim

Oct 5, 2004, 8:25 PM
Post #1 of 5 (128 views)
Shortcut

Honeymoon Trip Ideas Needed
Report this Post
Can't Post

Ok I am getting married next August. I am not look for congratulations or condolences, but I want to figure out an awesome honeymoon trip.

My first idea was to head to New Zealand. Spend a couple days just relaxing at a comfortable place. Then hit the road, maybe in a 4WD, for some more adventurous stuff. We would try to find some cottages and what not to stay at. We both climb, hike, and kayak. She is a licensed diver and I like to fly fish. We thought that New Zealand could offer lots of adventure. It is a given that we may have to rent gear and/or hire a guide for some stuff because we can't pack all the toys in our baggage... The question mark is weather that time of year. I think that is the best time to ski down there, but we were thinking warm weather stuff because we are from Maine... I know there are a few folks from that part of the world who frequent the community.. any input… .

Anyone else have a better place to suggest?? Thought about Alaska some and that is an option.

Neither of us are the all inclusive lay on the beach types, but some beach and sun would be nice. We want to explore, hike, climb, etc. while also taking time to relax on the honeymoon.

We already live together so there isn't a need to spend the entire time in our room or recovering for the next trip back to the room... :twisted:

winter

Oct 5, 2004, 8:42 PM
Post #2 of 5 (128 views)
Shortcut

Re: Honeymoon Trip Ideas Needed [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Take a trip up here to western Canada. Oustanding scenery, everything you want from climbing, hiking, kayaking ect. Also alot of out of the way cabin type places. Check out the rockies in Alberta, do the luxery and climbing, then make your way to the coast to kayak ect.
The Bow river is one of the hottest destinations in the world for fly fishing. Anywhere in northern Alberta BC is outstanding. Go so far as the Queen Charlotte Islands if you want a magical place that is truly remote.

Here is a link for travel Alberta
http://www1.travelalberta.com/...?country=CA&state=AB

thrillseeker05

Oct 5, 2004, 9:27 PM
Post #3 of 5 (128 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Cant beat the New Zealand idea.. but my suggestion is Chile and then over to Easter Island.

Partner philbox

Oct 6, 2004, 3:21 AM
Post #4 of 5 (128 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

How about dawdling down the Queensland coast. On the way you can check out the Great Barrier Reef, snorkel, scuba, sail, fish. The water is as warm as a bath so you can lounge around in it all day if you like with your sweety. Check out the rain forests. There is heaps of things to do in Queensland.

kachoong

Oct 6, 2004, 5:20 AM
Post #5 of 5 (128 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

...you'll find it too cold to doing anything but skiing or ice climbing in August in New Zealand... it rains alot if it's not snowing and you would find it pretty miserable to kayak or hike in that kind of crap.... but don't get me wrong, the scenery is some of the best in the world....
...something similar I've seen is Vancouver Island, and at the time of year you're planning it would be perfect.... and not far is Squamish for awesome climbing.... all of what winter said above is good advice....
....Australia is a great option, but moreso northern Australia iin August is the dry season.... in the south it's cold and wet and miserable.... don't go there in August.... but up here, as Phil mentioned it's perfect weather, warm ocean water, with none of those jelly fish out.... great scuba, fishing 4WD on cape york, take sailboat on the Whitsunday Islands (self skippered is possible), whale watching, check out Fraser Island and great views, hiking and climbing in the Glasshouse mountains and Gold Coast hinterland....

....good luck....

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook