Forums: Community: Campground:
Conservatives - why do you support Bush?
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

climber_chick

Oct 18, 2004, 4:34 AM
Post #26 of 66 (994 views)
Shortcut

Re: Conservatives - why do you support Bush? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

point taken

fecalquisinart

Oct 18, 2004, 4:34 AM
Post #27 of 66 (994 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Jesus Christ was a man...

He was God's son who came to this earth in the form of a man...trust me, he wasn't your basic human.

There is that jt512 guy...being his usual sarcastic self. Jay, what if you are wrong?

climber_chick

Oct 18, 2004, 4:43 AM
Post #28 of 66 (994 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Of course he wasn't an ordinary man, but he was still a man. Died like a man, breathed, spoke, walked like a man.

It's all verbiage.

fecalquisinart

Oct 18, 2004, 5:02 AM
Post #29 of 66 (994 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Died like a man,

You left out a very important point...he rose from the dead, very much unlike an ordinary man. :)

reno

Oct 18, 2004, 5:35 AM
Post #30 of 66 (994 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
There is that jt512 guy...being his usual sarcastic self. Jay, what if you are wrong?

How can someone's beliefs be wrong?

We're talking about spirituality, not science. Since spirituality is based on unprovable concepts, they can not be "wrong" as there is no proof that one is "right."

curt

Oct 18, 2004, 5:38 AM
Post #31 of 66 (994 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
Died like a man,

You left out a very important point...he rose from the dead, very much unlike an ordinary man. :)

Well, if you choose to believe that, in its literal sense, that is OK. If, instead, you believe this to be more a parable of the resurrection--that is OK too.

Curt

epic_ed

Oct 18, 2004, 6:51 AM
Post #32 of 66 (994 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Why do I support George Bush?

- Because I have a lot of stock in oil futures. I mean, that's why G-Dub went to war right? The oil? I'm just sittin back waiting to cash in.
- Because I like to see shit git blowed up!! George does, too, right?
- Because, deep down, I'm an imperialist. I believe we need to invade, conquer, and occupy as many countries as possible. All this milarky about invading Iraq to get rid of a tyrant who butchered millions of his own people, and invading to make sure that Saddam's regime has no chance to develop, propogate, acquire, and distribute WMDs is just a bunch a silly-speak by G-Dub. He took us to war because he hate brown people, and by golly, so do I.

I have more reasons, but those should be sufficient to stir up discussion for tonight.

Thanks for playin!

Ed

bumblie

Oct 18, 2004, 1:21 PM
Post #33 of 66 (994 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

He's the less offensive of two bad options.

madriver

Oct 18, 2004, 1:54 PM
Post #34 of 66 (994 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

bumblie wrote:
In reply to:
He's the less offensive of two bad options.

...sad but true..

...your options are ...
A) JK...arguably one of the most pandering demagog politicians of all time.
I mean honestly you can see him asking his handlers right before he goes on stage for a speech...."now what group am I talking to...and what position do I take"
...or
B) GWB....got us into a war that we ABSOLUTLEY do not need to be involved with....look at this way...his father, while taking a world of heat for not finishing off Sadam when he had the chance obviously had the brains and good advice not to get into the current mess his son is in. His old man looks pretty smart right now...

Partner j_ung

Oct 18, 2004, 2:29 PM
Post #35 of 66 (994 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
His whole Family SUCKS

The Bush daughters are hot. I don't whether or not they suck.

jt512

Oct 18, 2004, 3:30 PM
Post #36 of 66 (994 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Jay, what if you are wrong?

What if you are?

-Jay

fecalquisinart

Oct 18, 2004, 3:41 PM
Post #37 of 66 (994 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Well, if I am wrong(and I'm not), I am in the same boat as all of you. If you are wrong...you'll burn in hell forever. :evil:

hugepedro

Oct 18, 2004, 3:52 PM
Post #38 of 66 (994 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Well, if I am wrong(and I'm not), I am in the same boat as all of you. If you are wrong...you'll burn in hell forever. :evil:

I suspect you are not in the same boat. I'm already in heaven, right now!

And stop hijacking my thread!

jt512

Oct 18, 2004, 4:06 PM
Post #39 of 66 (994 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

And if I am right I'll at least have not lived my entire life believing in fairy tales.

-Jay

fecalquisinart

Oct 18, 2004, 4:07 PM
Post #40 of 66 (994 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Go my entire life believing fairy tales...Burn in hell...

Funny priorities there Jay. :?

robmcc

Oct 18, 2004, 4:17 PM
Post #41 of 66 (994 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

My best reason for voting for Bush--if I did so--would be John Kerry.

Kerry sucks a lot. Bush sucks a lot, too, but his ideology is infintessimally closer to mine than Kerry's is to mine.

I'll probably vote for neither, though. Kerry's said some stuff that make me think he's a liar espousing whatever'll get him into office. Of course, that doesn't really differentiate from Mr. Compassionate Conservatism, either.

It's truly depressing that in November, one of them will win.

Rob

arrettinator

Oct 18, 2004, 4:51 PM
Post #42 of 66 (994 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Well, if I am wrong(and I'm not)
A bit full of yourself, eh.
It must be nice to be so closed minded.
Never having to be "wrong".

Anyway, hp, I'm not a conservative, but it's not that I support Kerry but more that I don't support Bush.
I didn't support him in 2000, either.
I liked McCain at that time, but don't really like him that much right now.

robmcc

Oct 18, 2004, 5:08 PM
Post #43 of 66 (994 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Career politicians SO need to go away.

Could we perhaps elect people who are intelligent, articulate, honest, insightful, honorable, and decent? Maybe? Huh? Please?

One thing sums up the abject failure of our political machine, and that's the Vote-For-Me-Cuz-I'm-On-A-Stick! Ads. You know the ones. You drive buy them all the time, and it's nothing more than a name on a stick. Sometimes it's a name and an office on a stick. Sometimes there's a party on the stick.

It tells you nothing to almost nothing about the candidate. It's a pure name recognition grab and nothing more. But I'm getting off topic.

Why are all out presidents very rich and backed by a PR machine that could get Ted Bundy elected Pope?

Why are all our debates filled with disingenuous bullshit and pandering to one interest group after another? Why is domestic policy a race to give out the most candy while playing a shell game to avoid paying for it?

Where the hell did all the patriots go?

Rob

hugepedro

Oct 18, 2004, 5:19 PM
Post #44 of 66 (994 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Rob,
Nice Rant.

I think it's mostly about/because of the money. If we could find a way to remove money as a major factor in the system I think many of the problems you mentioned would dissappear.

I don't know how to remove the money though.

bumblie

Oct 18, 2004, 5:57 PM
Post #45 of 66 (994 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasure. From that moment on the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most money from the public treasury, with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's great civilizations has been two hundred years. These nations have progressed through the following sequence: from bondage to spiritual faith, from spiritual faith to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependency, from dependency back to bondage."

madriver

Oct 18, 2004, 6:03 PM
Post #46 of 66 (994 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

robmcc wrote:
In reply to:
One thing sums up the abject failure of our political machine, and that's the Vote-For-Me-Cuz-I'm-On-A-Stick! Ads. You know the ones. You drive buy them all the time, and it's nothing more than a name on a stick. Sometimes it's a name and an office on a stick. Sometimes there's a party on the stick.

...heh...the corn dog canidates....

....bumblie...

...is our fun in the sun over?
...start date...say 1776....to 2004....yup...It's over...damn that was a quick 200 years!!

robmcc

Oct 18, 2004, 6:05 PM
Post #47 of 66 (994 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasure. From that moment on the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most money from the public treasury, with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's great civilizations has been two hundred years. These nations have progressed through the following sequence: from bondage to spiritual faith, from spiritual faith to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependency, from dependency back to bondage."

Believing that this is unalterable truth qualifies as complacency.

Is it truly impossible for the proles to wake up and realize that the largesse they're currently dispensing to themselves comes at the price of their grandchildren's liberty? I don't think so. I think if enough people put aside their own aspirations for free stuff and power and stand up and do the right thing, there's room for stability. It'll always be an unstable equilibrium, but it isn't impossible.

Rob

slablizard

Oct 18, 2004, 6:35 PM
Post #48 of 66 (994 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Yeah that's pretty scary. I'm sure Osama too takes orders from a "voice" A "Higher authority"
He might be a man that does what he says, problem is most of the times what he says does not makes sense. Or it'a a plain lie. Or both.

Bush...Rauss!

In reply to:
Because he is a man of moral clarity and convictions, who does what he says he is going to do and doesn't give a rat's ass what people think. And, he puts his trust in a Higher Authority.

Kerry, on the other hand, has no moral clarity or convictions, has aever done anything, let alone what he says he is going to do, but who knowsw what he says he is going to do or if he even knows what he is going to do or if he knows what he said he knows he is going to do or what side of what issue he thinks he says he is going to do or...you get my point. And, John Kerry trusts in himself.

slablizard

Oct 18, 2004, 6:39 PM
Post #49 of 66 (994 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I just don't trust people that worships too much. Especially presidents.
And your differentiation bethween "gods" does not makes sense. If you believe you belive,what's the difference in how you call it? Is the blind faith I don't (and will never) trust.

Especially in a president. A president should be a brilliant statesman, not a man of faith.

What the hell do I care wha he believes in if he cannot see his own mistakes?

In reply to:
No Curt...you have that wrong. He prays that he will do the right thing. Didn't you hear his answer during the debate? He never said he hears little voices from God telling him what to do. Your comparison between TRUE Christianity and the Taliban and Osama is stupid. They don't worship the same God.

danooguy

Oct 18, 2004, 6:43 PM
Post #50 of 66 (994 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Interesting. Here we have a thread framed by series of rather slippery presumptions ala Pedro that basically says, "We support Kerry because he's not Bush" ...and the report from the Right is that "We support Bush because he's not Kerry." (I suppose one could easily provide a lenghty list of contradictions and waffling and ask how anyone could support Kerry.)

In two weeks we'll hold our noses and choose.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook