First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next page Last page  View All

cosmokramer

Nov 1, 2004, 4:07 PM
Post #1 of 151 (2250 views)
Shortcut

Vote for John Kerry
Report this Post
Can't Post

...and you are literally with the terrorists.

http://www.nypost.com/news/nationalnews/33124.htm

It will be interesting to see if Dan Rather does a breaking story tonight the way he did with the AWOL Bush story.

cerikpete

Nov 1, 2004, 4:10 PM
Post #2 of 151 (2250 views)
Shortcut

Re: Vote for John Kerry [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

:boring:

jumpingrock

Nov 1, 2004, 4:29 PM
Post #3 of 151 (2250 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

erik says it best.

pinktricam

Nov 1, 2004, 4:32 PM
Post #4 of 151 (2250 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

erik says it best.

HA! I'm glad your a Canadian....read my sig :wink:

cosmokramer

Nov 1, 2004, 4:44 PM
Post #5 of 151 (2250 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Anyone care to comment on the news story?

cerikpete

Nov 1, 2004, 4:48 PM
Post #6 of 151 (2250 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

If it would load...

bumblie

Nov 1, 2004, 4:51 PM
Post #7 of 151 (2250 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

He's with the terrorists, now? :shock:

Here's an interesting story on his "consorting with the enemy"
http://www.gulflive.com/.../109904493874180.xml

More right wing lies?

vertical_reality

Nov 1, 2004, 4:51 PM
Post #8 of 151 (2250 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

Why, this says it all....

In reply to:
Inside the CIA, one senior U.S. counterterrorism official said, "I've heard it argued either way . . . but listen to what he's saying. It doesn't matter who's president."

Bush supporters have generally said bin Laden would like Kerry elected, in the expectation of taking the heat off his network; Kerry supporters point to jihadist Web sites' recent statements that Bush's policies have so inflamed the Muslim world that he is their best recruiting draw. Each side disputes the other's interpretation.

"He's injecting himself into the campaign to show he's a world player," said Daniel Benjamin, a Clinton administration counterterrorism official who is now at the Center for Strategic and International Studies.

Partner tgreene

Nov 1, 2004, 4:53 PM
Post #9 of 151 (2250 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Sounds to me like BinLaden is deathly afraid of Bush (as he should be), and has issued this statement in an attempt to persuade voters to elect candy-ass Kerry, whom OBL feels safer having as an adversary! :idea:

Partner tradman

Nov 1, 2004, 4:56 PM
Post #10 of 151 (2250 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Why would Osama Bin Laden be afraid of George Bush? Who's afraid of a family friend who sits in a house thousands of miles away and does nothing to threaten them?

:wink:

vertical_reality

Nov 1, 2004, 4:57 PM
Post #11 of 151 (2250 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
He's with the terrorists, now? :shock:

Here's an interesting story on his "consorting with the enemy"
http://www.gulflive.com/.../109904493874180.xml

More right wing lies?

In reply to:
While John Kerry is running around claiming President George Bush and our troops overseas failed the American people by not guarding an explosives dump without explosives in it, documents have been uncovered at Texas Tech University that show Kerry was following Vietnam War protest guidelines from North Vietnamese communists in the early 1970s.

What does one thing have to do with the other?

They couldn't even come up with a good opening paragraph, and it only gets worse.

bumblie

Nov 1, 2004, 4:59 PM
Post #12 of 151 (2250 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Did anyone else hear that Sen. John Kerry's first response to Osama bin Laden's new videotape was to take a poll to find out what he should say about it?

cosmokramer

Nov 1, 2004, 5:12 PM
Post #13 of 151 (2250 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
...Kerry, whom OBL feels safer having as an adversary! :idea:

Precisely.

cosmokramer

Nov 1, 2004, 5:36 PM
Post #14 of 151 (2250 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Did anyone else hear that Sen. John Kerry's first response to Osama bin Laden's new videotape was to take a poll to find out what he should say about it?

I did hear this. This only proves (as though it needed anymore proving) that John Kerry is not capable of making tough decisions in the best interest of America without needing to take a poll first to see how he should feel about it. Yeah. Kerry has what it takes.

Have you heard the Walter Kronkite audio claiming that Carl Rove is responsile for the bin Laden tape?

The mainstream media people really showed their a*s this year.

prufrock

Nov 1, 2004, 5:42 PM
Post #15 of 151 (2250 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

With a lead in like that? Not a f#cking chance. You left any hope of rational discussion behind when you decided to let your emotional desire to be a jerk dominate your post.

karlbaba

Nov 1, 2004, 5:42 PM
Post #16 of 151 (2250 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

You can take Bin Laden's intentions in two ways.

1. He wants the Muslim world to rise up and fight the West and Western influence. For that, he needs Bush to win because his administration has already played right in to the terrorists desired reaction and even gone further by removing OBL's arch enemy Saddam. Bush recruits terrorists. The US has angered Muslims far more after 911 than before.

or

2. He wants a better US stance on Israel/Palestine and wants the US to stop propping up dictators and kings in the Muslim world. In that case he want's Kerry elected because Bush has already headed the wrong direction there.

But

He said that the security of the US was in the hands of it's people. Perhaps that's because both candidates, parroting what's considered popular, are saying the same things about Israel and Iraq.

Bush is spoiling for Armageddon. He is every bit the terrorist in the eyes of the world as OBL. If we elect him, we are telling the whole world to screw themselves.

And even if that statement was pure BS, he'll still ruin your kids lives by spoiling the environment and dropping a huge debt in their laps so that the rich can be richer.

Peace

Karl

PS My prediction. Bush narrowly wins a contested and stolen election. The country gets extreme and goes downhill fast. Jeb Bush runs against Hillary Clinton (on the ticket anyway) for president in 2008.

Partner j_ung

Nov 1, 2004, 5:50 PM
Post #17 of 151 (2250 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

cosmokramer, you are truly an idiot. By even discussing OBL's video in the context of his "vote" for either candidate, you are in effect doing exactly what he wants: namely polarizing America even more on the eve of our election. You are a tool. What's more, you are bin Laden's tool. Congratu-fucking-lations.

bumblie

Nov 1, 2004, 5:56 PM
Post #18 of 151 (2250 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

With a lead in like that? Not a f#cking chance. You left any hope of rational discussion behind when you decided to let your emotional desire to be a jerk dominate your post.

There's a poem, by Rudyard Kipling, titled If. You should read it.

cosmokramer

Nov 1, 2004, 6:06 PM
Post #19 of 151 (2250 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Resorting to name-calling already? I know it must be frustrating news for you.

In reply to:
...polarizing America even more on the eve of our election.

Wrong. In case you hadn't checked, the nation is ALREADY polarized. Bin Laden wants Kerry to win. He said it himself on the tape. Did you not read the article?

"Vote John Kerry for President."

Hi, I'm Osama bin Laden, and I approve this message.

prufrock

Nov 1, 2004, 6:12 PM
Post #20 of 151 (2250 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:

There's a poem, by Rudyard Kipling, titled If. You should read it.

Nice, bumblie. Cute. The best way to not lose your head is to not join a fool that is itching for a fight. But I also have no desire to be a nice little liberal.

These tactics are putrid, disgusting trash. John Kerry and OBL -- on the same team! George Bush and Adolf Hitler -- on the same team!

They have no place in political discourse. And I am not going to pretend they do by engaging the author's sick attempt and inflammation.

prufrock

Nov 1, 2004, 6:14 PM
Post #21 of 151 (2250 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

You already did that when you opened the thread, Einstein. Unless you like being told you're in cahoots with bin Laden.

Oh, but let me guess -- but it's true for Kerry (and the half of Americans that support him)!

Grow up.

bumblie

Nov 1, 2004, 6:21 PM
Post #22 of 151 (2250 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

You already did that when you opened the thread, Einstein. Unless you like being told you're in cahoots with bin Laden.

Oh, but let me guess -- but it's true for Kerry (and the half of Americans that support him)!

Grow up.

You are quite the ideologue. Any story that supports your thinking is defended tooth and nail, while any unfavorable story is dismissed as irrelevant or complete nonsense.

For some, objectivity isn't a consideration.

cosmokramer

Nov 1, 2004, 6:21 PM
Post #23 of 151 (2250 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

Grow up.

Doesn't it bother you though that the individual responsible for the deaths of 3000 of your countrymen and carnage in Manhattan wants your guy for president? If Kerry wins, bin Laden gets what he wants. If you vote for Kerry, Kerry is more likely to win. Therefore, if you vote for Kerry, bin Laden gets what he wants. Pretty straightforward logic.

Think about it.

sharpender

Nov 1, 2004, 6:23 PM
Post #24 of 151 (2250 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
N.Y. Times
Will Osama Help W.?
By MAUREEN DOWD

Published: October 31, 2004

Republicans can keep claiming that Al Qaeda wants the "weak" Democrat elected, even as some intelligence experts suggest the terrorists prefer that the belligerent Mr. Bush stay in power because he has been a boon to jihadist recruiting, with his disastrous occupation of Iraq and his true believer, us-versus-them, my-Christian-God's-directing-my-foreign-policy vibe.

I find it amazing that the radical hateful Bin Laden, who has always appeared with a gun and offerred nothing but death to us is suddenly appearing behind a desk with measured words. Is he on prozac? Or is he perhaps an actor for the Bush?cheney game of chicken little with the American people.

Remember that it is Bush who says "he's marginalized", a comment far removed from his promise to hunt him down and put an end to his murdererous ways and Kerrey who says we will go after him and either capture or kill him. I have been for that course of action from the beginning.

Mz Dowd goes on to make the situation quite clear:
In reply to:
The Bushies' campaign pitch follows their usual backward logic: Because we have failed to make you safe, you should re-elect us to make you safer. Because we haven't caught Osama in three years, you need us to catch Osama in the next four years. Because we didn't bother to secure explosives in Iraq, you can count on us to make sure those explosives aren't used against you.

There was a climbing ad that said "actions are loud". Bush's actions, nonactions in this regard have been a complete roar of his misguided agenda in Iraq.

[edited for grammer]

prufrock

Nov 1, 2004, 6:26 PM
Post #25 of 151 (2250 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Doesn't it bother you though that the individual responsible for the deaths of 3000 of your countrymen and carnage in Manhattan wants your guy for president? If Kerry wins, bin Laden gets what he wants. If you vote for Kerry, Kerry is more likely to win. Therefore, if you vote for Kerry, bin Laden gets what he wants. Pretty straightforward logic.

Think about it.

Doesn't it bother you that you are playing right into bin Ladens' hands when you try and peddle this crap? Bin Laden did not endorse anyone for president of the USA. If he did, I'd have to ask why the f#ck we would care. Further, the man is a master manipulator and liar, and if you take anything he says at face value, you are being played for a chump.

Don't take advice from your enemy. Bin Laden is most certainly my enemy, and yours too, so I don't care who he wants for president

But it is really cute to try and scare be into not voting for Kerry with the memory of 9/11. A nice way to memorialize their deaths.

You think about it.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook