Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Gym in orem
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

texscala

Jan 26, 2005, 6:18 AM
Post #1 of 5 (2689 views)
Shortcut

Gym in orem  (North_America: United_States: Utah: Salt_Lake_-_Utah_Counties: Rock_Canyon)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hey for all yall who are trying to figure out where to climb during the winter, there is a small gym in Orem on state street just before you get to Lindon. It is really inexpensive to get a year pass (like $20 to $30). I normaly wouldn't tell others about it but I have seen small places go under before because they did not have enough clients so go check them out.

zeroforhire

Jan 27, 2005, 6:20 PM
Post #2 of 5 (2689 views)
Shortcut

Re: Gym in orem [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

do you know the exact address... I am new to town, and I am not too familiar with the area. I hope to be able to find it and get a year pass... any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated.

texscala

Jan 28, 2005, 9:11 PM
Post #3 of 5 (2689 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I think it is 1799 n state st

bdawg

Feb 10, 2005, 7:36 PM
Post #4 of 5 (2689 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

are you talking about the gym inside of the High adventure store? if so, I wouldn't really waste your time going there, that place is tiny. Get a pass to the quarry in provo. It will be a little more expensive, but definatly worth it.

builttospill

Feb 24, 2005, 2:32 AM
Post #5 of 5 (2689 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I suggest you support the store at 1799 north state. It is Hansen's Mountaineering/High Adventure Specialties. I've never climbed there, but have gone in with questions and the guys there REALLY know their stuff, especially if you're into alpine style climbing and mountaineering. It is less about sport climbing than other stores, but they are really knowledgeable, and that is a niche that wasn't really covered by other stores in the area except REI and Black Diamond up in Salt Lake (and whatever the climbing store next to REI is called).

Also, they supposedly have some pretty high quality classes, mostly alpine/mountaineering based like glacier travel, avalanche stuff, and ice climbing.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook