Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Red Rock Fine Increase
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

vegastradguy

Feb 26, 2005, 1:11 AM
Post #1 of 4 (1712 views)
Shortcut

Red Rock Fine Increase  (North_America: United_States: Nevada: Red_Rock_Canyon: A_Red_Rock_Overview)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

From Supertopo:

Effective immediately:
Parking violations are now $100, illegal camping and campfires are now $250, leaving an un-attended legal campfire $200. Speeding violations have quadrupled. Illegal mountain biking (Wilderness Area) $300. Bolting in a Wilderness can result in a $300 per bolt fine.

Any questions feel free to call Climbing Rangers, Patrick Putnam (702) 515-5042 or Jed Botsford (702) 515-5138. The Red Rock Canyon Climbing Rangers are NOT Law Enforcement and have nothing to do with the increase in fines.

jerrygarcia

Feb 26, 2005, 2:31 AM
Post #2 of 4 (1712 views)
Shortcut

Re: Red Rock Fine Increase [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Since you are from vegas, was all this going on a lot? If so id assume you agree with the change in policy.

tenesmus

Feb 26, 2005, 4:06 AM
Post #3 of 4 (1712 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Those climbing rangers were really nice to me last trip. The guy went out of his way to call me back... twice. When my friend was late (he came from tucson) I hung out with the traffic cop rangers at the gate, stalling them into waiting a few extra minutes. Just as they left, my friend came and they let him go through the exit gate so we could park and start hiking to our bivy. I'd hate to have one of those guys catch you speeding though. The're full blood cops.

In reply to:
Since you are from vegas, was all this going on a lot? If so id assume you agree with the change in policy
I bet all that DOES go on - a lot. Just imagine how many people come from all over just to climb there. It's the sport climbers Yosemite but with out an in-park, cheap campground.

vegastradguy

Feb 26, 2005, 7:29 AM
Post #4 of 4 (1712 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

actually, i dont know how much it really goes on. i hardly ever see folks getting nabbed by the rangers, and i've had only a couple of incidents where a ticket was written, and there was really no avoiding it. most of the time the rangers are decent folks.

but lets remember, if they are having a problem with it, its all the tourist traddies learning that multipitch at Red Rocks isnt the same as single pitch at their home crags.....

at any rate, theres really no reason for it. late exit permits are free....

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook