Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Ceuse scene
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

jcinco

Feb 25, 2005, 11:30 PM
Post #1 of 3 (2349 views)
Shortcut

Ceuse scene  (Europe: France: 08-_Alps_and_Forealps_of_Dauphin_: C__se)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I will be climbing in Europe for several weeks in late-May with my fiancee (Sardinia or Kalymnos). She needs to return to the States after the trip, but I may have the option of travelling for another few weeks, depending on my job situation.

So what is the scene like at Ceuse? Is it easy to just show up and meet partners. For early-June, it seems to me that it might have the most conventient scene for meeting other partners in Europe. If Ceuse isn't the best place for this, then what other climbing areas in Europe can I visit and count on easily meeting partners (in June).

unabonger

Feb 27, 2005, 6:32 PM
Post #2 of 3 (2349 views)
Shortcut

Re: Ceuse scene [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I was there a couple of years ago in late September. There were usually plenty of climbers hanging around and finding a partner isn't too difficult. Because of the high average level of the climbs, there are people working hard projects that are willing to trade belays.

abbysomebody

Feb 27, 2005, 7:44 PM
Post #3 of 3 (2349 views)
Shortcut

Re: Ceuse scene [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

i was at ceuse last spring (2004) and it was absolutely amazing - easily one of the best climbing areas i've ever been to- if you have the chance you should definitely go. i wasn't there alone, but it seemed like a large percentage of the people climbing at ceuse were staying at les guerins, the campground at the bottom of the hill beneath the cliff, so i imagine it would be easy to find partners. we were there for 3 weeks, and left on june 11th - it was just starting to get too warm to climb in the sun at that point so the weather should be great. ohhh i'm so envious, have fun!

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook