RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

strider

Apr 20, 2003, 12:35 AM
Post #1 of 4 (991 views)
Shortcut

Aquarian Valley/Castle Rock California
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I have looked in a lot of places for local route info and have found information about Aquarian Valley in only one place and I want more info! I was wondering if anyone here has been to Aquarian Valley, and if so how was it?

btw - Don't bother looking at the routes section, there is nothing there about it, which surprises me since it is a pretty big area.

-n

maculated

Apr 20, 2003, 1:06 AM
Post #2 of 4 (991 views)
Shortcut

Re: Aquarian Valley/Castle Rock California [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Strider, I've been to Castle Rock and after climbing at choice places in the West and then climbing at Diablo, I thought I was screwed. Castle Rock, however, is excellent for the area. And there are great guides as well.

strider

Apr 20, 2003, 7:25 AM
Post #3 of 4 (991 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Actually I am not talking about Castle Rock State Park. I mention it in the title because Aquarian Valley is about 5 minutes away from it and is part of the same vein of rock along Skyline Blvd. I have been to Castle Rock a lot but I haven't been to Aquarian Valley. I am trying to find good beta on the approach mainly, not really beta on any specific climbs. Thanks for the reply though.

-n

morcomm

Mar 9, 2005, 6:52 PM
Post #4 of 4 (991 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

:lol: The Aquarian Valley/Devil's Canyon area is covered in our Rock Climber's Guide to Skyline Boulevard (MorComm Press: 2000) in the northern routes section. Besides a few good lines that were removed by the MROSD Rangers back in 1995, all the routes are still in place there. A really good spot to visit is the Mother Lode Cliff down below the Aquarian Waterwall with routes done by Eddy, Waggs & Co. about 10 years ago.
bruce m.
Belmont, California

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook