RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

pbjosh

May 3, 2004, 5:38 PM
Post #1 of 8 (1301 views)
Shortcut

Crag recommendations in Spain / France / Australia
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Anyone want to suggest which crags in Spain and France have nice conditions in May/June? How about in Australia, are the Grampians / Arapiles in good season? A friend wants to get out of the country for sport and bouldering and I'd love to figure something out. For Spain / France we'd be interested in the classic crags as well as the obscure, stuff like Siurana and Montserrat (too warm?) in Spain as well as the classic S. France crags - Verdon, Calanques, Cimai, Buoux, Ceuse, etc. For Australia, probably interested in everything Orangeoverhang shoots @ the Grampians and more heh.

How 'bout Swiss crags? Are Magic Wood and Cresciano in good shape in May / June also?

Thanks mucho folks...

pbjosh

May 3, 2004, 5:52 PM
Post #2 of 8 (1301 views)
Shortcut

Re: Crag recommendations in Spain / France. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Also, for people that have flown to this area before - are there generally cheaper / better airport options than Barcelona? How bout Geneva, Monaco, or Milan?

josephine

May 3, 2004, 6:04 PM
Post #3 of 8 (1301 views)
Shortcut

josephine moved this thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

josephine moved this thread from General to Regional Discussions.

pbjosh

May 3, 2004, 9:39 PM
Post #4 of 8 (1301 views)
Shortcut

Re: Crag recommendations in Spain / France / Australia [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

bump - anyone?

tripperjm

May 5, 2004, 4:01 PM
Post #5 of 8 (1301 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I spent a month in spain this past winter, We went to 9 of the best areas I've ever been to. Most will be too hot at this time of the year, except Rodellar. Go there and you will have the greatest of everything. Killer scene, crazy steep, tufas, routes so long many need a 70 meter to do them.

ps. I'm not sure if the guide is still in print, I have one you can borrow if you would like

pneumoped

Apr 15, 2005, 7:06 PM
Post #6 of 8 (1301 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

tripperjm - can you go into more detail about Rodellar. We are going at the end of May, 2005 to southern Spain and plan to climb (A LOT). Any other info you might suggest such as the names of any guide books and where we might find them would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Chris

In reply to:
I spent a month in spain this past winter, We went to 9 of the best areas I've ever been to. Most will be too hot at this time of the year, except Rodellar. Go there and you will have the greatest of everything. Killer scene, crazy steep, tufas, routes so long many need a 70 meter to do them.

ps. I'm not sure if the guide is still in print, I have one you can borrow if you would like

jtoz

Apr 15, 2005, 7:23 PM
Post #7 of 8 (1301 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

tripperjm is right on about Rodellar. I have also spent a month there and wasn't even close to ready to leave at the end of the trip. I was there in the fall however and the only thing you may want to find out about is the level of spring runoff/seepage at the crags. I'm not sure how bad it is, but to get the features that exist there, I would imagine it seeps quite a bit. You won't be disappointed though. It is awesome.

rocnoggin

Apr 15, 2005, 7:36 PM
Post #8 of 8 (1301 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I am leaving on Monday the 18th for 3 weeks of climbing in France and Italy, Switzerland too if the weather co-operates, and when I get back I will give you a report on our trip. we are planning on climbing in Southern France and the Italian coast with a little climbing in the Alps by the end of the trip, weather permitting.

more to come later...

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook