Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next page Last page  View All

Partner caligrrl

Apr 23, 2005, 4:34 PM
Post #26 of 151 (28855 views)
Shortcut

Re: socal climbers, sign up here [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Redondo Beach....

Just getting back into climbing after two years off...would love to get out on rock every opportunity I get.

Not leading yet, so you need to ;) I have followed up to 10b.

Have climbed Williamson, Malibu Creek/Pt. Dume, Big Rock, Suicide/Tahquits, Owen's River Gorge and Jtree (but only once, so I'd love to get out there again!). I've bouldered a few times in various destinations, but suck at it. Definitely something I need to work on for technique.

Will probably try to coordinate a couple of multiday trips this summer so keep in touch!

:) Cali

rjavery10

Apr 23, 2005, 5:22 PM
Post #27 of 151 (28855 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hello,

I am looking for a partner for TRAD and AID here in So Cal.

I lead trad to 5.10a/b in Josh.
Aid is newer to me but I am looking for someone who wants to figure it out with me.
I lead Sport to 5.10d/11a.
TR 5.11's
I once heard of the "bouldering" thing but I really don't get it.

I have been to the High Sierra, Bishop, Williamson, Tahquitz, J Tree (a lot), Rubidoux, Squamish, Rainbow Boulders, Black Mountain, Mt Lemmon, New Jack City, and others I can't recall.

I have more gear than REI.

Please PM me if you want to go to J Tree or Tahquitz for a TRADitional good time.

Peace,

Ryan

vincent

Apr 24, 2005, 1:05 AM
Post #28 of 151 (28855 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

anybody available to climb around the Los Angeles area this week? I.E. malibu , echo .... etc. etc. i'm free mornings, afternoon , evenings . I have all gear and am up for leading , toproping , hangdogging , whatever .....-vl

rizzuh

Apr 24, 2005, 2:02 AM
Post #29 of 151 (28855 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey;

I'm 21... currently going to school at Grossmont College.
I live about 5 mins from Mission Gorge.
I like climbing hard 9s and mod 10s... 11s are my project for now.
...got all the gear for trad/ sport and anything in between.

Contact me at Nic.Risser@Gmail.com... I check my email often.

Rock on,
Nic

alonfw

Apr 24, 2005, 3:24 AM
Post #30 of 151 (28855 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Brandon,

We should talk about climbing more together... my partners are flakey and I want to get more serious, be out 3/4 weekends etc... sounds like you are looking for the same level of committment. More later.

Alon :)

jowanky

Apr 25, 2005, 1:45 AM
Post #31 of 151 (28855 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Right now I am at school in Ojai, Ca, But once summer rolls around (June) I am down to climb. PM about any close trips (1 hour) around Arcadia (Pasadena Area).

Sport Lead: 5.11
Trad Lead: barely 5.10a (dont have my own rack).
Boulder V2-V3

epicsaga

Apr 30, 2005, 6:52 PM
Post #32 of 151 (28855 views)
Shortcut

malibu creek sunday [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=614
Reach me at 310-920-4618

tigerbythetail

May 4, 2005, 4:53 AM
Post #33 of 151 (28855 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

http://www.rockclimbing.com/topic/85199

overxposure

May 6, 2005, 2:23 AM
Post #34 of 151 (28855 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I currently live in Ventura, CA and I just started bouldering. I am trying to get up to the SB area and go 3-4 times a week can currently send most V3. Looking for a partner with about the same skill level. I also go to Boulderdash in T.O. If you live in ventura that is a plus so we can carpool. Oh yeah I am currently a photography student and wouldn't mind bringing my camera along sometimes.

Ryan

chukker

May 7, 2005, 2:16 PM
Post #35 of 151 (28855 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi! I'm Chuck, I like to climb stuff. I've partnered with urbanfood, who started this post and I recommend him as a partner. Safe, fun guy to climb with! But he went and did this crazy thing and is getting married and doing honeymoons and such and I need someone to partner with this Sunday (8th). Anything as casual as some TRs at stoney point (I got everything needed for that) to a day trip to someplace for trad/sport fun. PM me

crshbrn84

May 12, 2005, 4:13 PM
Post #36 of 151 (28855 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

this thread is awsome, im always looking for people to climb with. I mainly climb at stoney point since its 5 minutes from my house. I have all of the gear and extra to do just about anything except full blown aid right now. I drive out ot Jtree and will be driving out to tahquitz again(once it stops snowing there, I have a trad rack, two ropes, 22 quick draws, bouldering pad, lots of webbing, going to start slacklining soon. If anyone is ever in need of a partner pm me. Trad 5.7/8 sport 5.10a/b tr 5.11a/b boulder v2/3

sunny_climber

May 12, 2005, 7:47 PM
Post #37 of 151 (28855 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Woo-hoo! Awesome idea...I've had trouple finding climbing partners lately. (My usual climbing buddies started getting weekdays off. :(

Anyway...I like to top-rope, I'm at about a 5.9/5.10 right now. I boulder a little bit, but I don't like it that much...only if there's no other choice, because I'd rather do that than nothing....

I like in Santa Monica, so I'm good for Malibu Creek, Stoney Point, Point Dune...and I love weekend trips anywhere and everywhere, I'm always down for an adventure! I also like to hike and backpack...

So feel free to contact me if climbing or hiking buddies are needed. I'm best reached by email: browning_rachel_erin@yahoo.com

Happy climbing!

tombombadil112

May 13, 2005, 6:03 AM
Post #38 of 151 (28855 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

hey im eric. i recently moved to irvine to go to school. i used to live in la crescenta. that is glendale, pasadena area. i am into sport climbing right now. i have been climbing for four years now but i don't get to go often because i run track in high school as well as at cal state fullerton. i want someone to go climbing with around here. i have looked and there are only a few places to climb in orange county. if anyone knows good climbing areas email me or leave me a message. Im planning on making a trip out to orgeta falls in a few weeks. my email is turkey8888@yahoo.com

addiroids

May 13, 2005, 6:55 AM
Post #39 of 151 (28855 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi, I am Paul and I go to physical therapy grad school at CSU Long Beach. I don't know what sport climbing is but I know how to place my own gear in cracks and stuff.

I climb low 10's and on occasion I have had to pull rope gun duties on slab, aid, night-time climbing, and enduro-in-a-push ascents of stuff we really shouldn't try to climb in a weekend. All I do is study and do walls. I make it to Josh/Tahquitz about 1x/month. I have started to climb in the indoor free climbing gym in Long Beach, but I am still new to it.

Climbing is fun, but repeling is more fun.

My heros are David Graham and Jim Bridwell.

cjogo

May 14, 2005, 5:40 PM
Post #40 of 151 (28855 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I am looking to meet fun new partners for local stuff (Stoney Point, Malibu Creek) and maybe the occasional roadtrip. Most weekends work well, in addition to some afternoon/evenings during the week.

TR- 5.10s
Sport lead- 5.9
Trad lead- uh? once 5.7

taller_climber_dude

May 17, 2005, 8:31 AM
Post #41 of 151 (28855 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

partners they always go some where or out w/their girl or something

well i climb what ever i can find when i have the time to
trad oh yeah
sport, yeah
toprope, fun
aide-begining but fun

i climb mostly in big bear, high desert(still a new area for me), and j-tree is always good, tahquiz the best, south seirras and some forest falls area. but a new area is adventure

pm/email me if any one wants to climb these areas or close by or some where. climbing_for_life@yahoo.com

In reply to:
a crack at hand, a book never read, you better start climbing, before yo are dead.

Partner f_thomas

May 17, 2005, 8:37 AM
Post #42 of 151 (28855 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Some will think this a lame post, but I'm sure that I'm not the only one who has faced the daunting task of getting connected in such a disconnected geographic area like S. Ca.

I am commited to getting connected to an active mixed group (male / female) climbers that I can join up with and find a partner(s) here in S. California. As I am experiencing a unplanned and unwanted seperation I now find I have the time to pursue my interests on a grander scale - if not just a more frequent basis. Trad, Sport, Alpine, Bouldering, Down Hill and Backcountry Skiing, Backpacking. I'm not a 5.12 climber and don't want to exagerate my skill in technique or grade. Besides all of that I'm one heck of a cook if you enjoy Thai, Chinese, Japanese, and other quisines. The final bonus - a great golden who just loves people - not much of a climber however. Short day trips or weekend trips would be great!

Truly interested in improving my learning curve and hopefully making some good friends along the way.

Any Suggestions!

I'll go out on a limb: S. Orange County
Phone: 949-510-2944

wizard

May 18, 2005, 5:28 PM
Post #43 of 151 (28855 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I just got back in town and am looking for a partner for Tahquitz/Suicide Rock for tomorrow (Thurs) and maybe Saturday. I lead 5.9 and have gear. Safety is a must. Email terryl@cs.stanford.edu or better yet call me at (213) 434-7888.

Looking for more partners, but I'll be gone for the summer climbing in Asia (Krabi here I come!). I'm be back in the Fall and probably available weekdays as well as weekends.

ciamaichelo

May 18, 2005, 7:21 PM
Post #44 of 151 (28855 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Sign me up. Intermediate Climber. Full Rack. Lots of free time. Located in Torrance, Ca. See profile.

omerdimsum

May 18, 2005, 7:53 PM
Post #45 of 151 (28855 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

we should keep this stellar thread as a contact info bulletin board (and occasional fun message), as compared to directly replying with climber-specific messages about "next weekend"...

otherwise, after a certain time this thread will be cumbersome to navigate for climbing contacts.

maythesunshineuponyourvegetables

davelwang

May 19, 2005, 5:33 PM
Post #46 of 151 (28855 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Dave here, San Diego area climber.

Boulder: V3
Sport: 5.10
Trad: no experience but trying to get into trad

I am trying to get into alpine and mountaineering kind of stuff. Looking for safe and fun partners for weekend trips or even during the week!

Contact me at dave@chachacharming.com

Dave

trenchdigger

May 19, 2005, 6:52 PM
Post #47 of 151 (28855 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'll likely be doing evening sessions at Mission Gorge and Santee after work whenever I can. Any level welcome. I boulder around V3, trad/sport to 5.10. Have lots of gear. Weekend trips to JTree and Tahquitz, and Sierra routes are great too.

Adam Kimmerly
akimmerl@ucsd.edu

trenchdigger

May 19, 2005, 6:55 PM
Post #48 of 151 (28855 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Double Post... :oops:

jl

May 19, 2005, 11:32 PM
Post #49 of 151 (28855 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey Jeff Leads here,

Isn't it funny how many RC climbers live right here in SoCali and have never hooked up? I live in North County, Vista to be exact. While I never seem to have a problem with or finding climbing partners, I am well aware of the fact that climbing in San Diego can be pretty grim...That said, I would like to offer you to climb in the best 'crag' in North County, only it's indoors in a barn that was built for indoor climbing. Hell, some of you may have already been there. The 'gym' is 30'x30' and 15' tall. Currently we have some couple hundred routes plus bouldering problems of all difficulties. There are a couple of hard fast rules to the place, but it is very casual. Ask someone who has been, or knows of the place. Lets CRANK. PM me for directions.

jl

noman668

May 22, 2005, 4:24 AM
Post #50 of 151 (28855 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hello All...
Lots of the folks I've been climbing with just aren't getting out or our schedules no longer match...I'm in Pasadena...Looking for partner for Horse Flats, Stoney, J-Tree, etc....I mostly boulder but am up for whatever (I've got rope and basics...)- hardest to date is around V4/maybe 5, but usually climb in the V0-V3 range. I'm out climbing every weekend. I'm almost 30, have a wife & kids, etc.- looking for someone up for getting out early (weekend routine is heading out at 6/7 am and back by 10/11 am) so I can get back to the family. I'm an art teacher: summer break starts June 17; my schedule's super flexible after that.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - West Coast

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook