Forums: Climbing Information: Injury Treatment and Prevention:
Scolding Needed--To Save a Life
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Injury Treatment and Prevention

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next page Last page  View All

valeberga

May 23, 2005, 3:16 AM
Post #276 of 315 (38634 views)
Shortcut

Re: Scolding Needed--To Save a Life [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I'm sure this has been said but since I don't have the time to read 20 pages of posts, don't tilt the photos, jackazz!.

micahmcguire

May 23, 2005, 4:06 PM
Post #277 of 315 (38634 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Abandoning the more reasonable methods of logistics and fact in lew of trading petty insults is a real tell-tale sign of the futility of your original position. As the bard says-if you've failed with your wits, start in with your fists.

Have a nice day gentlemen. I'm sure you feel mighty big.

bvb

May 23, 2005, 4:44 PM
Post #278 of 315 (38634 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Abandoning the more reasonable methods of logistics and fact in lew of trading petty insults is a real tell-tale sign of the futility of your original position.

In reply to:
bvb, I understand that you think you are a god among men. unfortunately, you are not. go drown yourself in a bottle my friend.

Stupid-head booger-face.

sinshan

May 23, 2005, 5:12 PM
Post #279 of 315 (38634 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I think maybe you all should just go get a room already :)

t.

pheenixx

May 23, 2005, 5:26 PM
Post #280 of 315 (38634 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I think maybe you all should just go get a room already :) t.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol:

Went climbing this weekend...- funny to see this pistol-whipping-pecker-pissing match still going on. It's been amusinging still entertaining even after the 15th page. ** Thanks to curt - bvb - dingus (funny barney stuff). **

jt512 ~ end game was well taken on def: idiot. (amazing how simple communication escapes most people)

Love you guys... :lol: Piss-on...!

In reply to:
...As the bard says-if you've failed with your wits, start in with your fists....

I thought the quote was ..."If you've failed with your wits, then start with your tits.... :lol:

bvb

May 23, 2005, 7:37 PM
Post #281 of 315 (38634 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I think maybe you all should just go get a room already.

ok, but only if you're buyin', barney's wife makes it a threesome, :wink: and we get to ride there on the short bus.

micahmcguire

May 23, 2005, 8:07 PM
Post #282 of 315 (38634 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

wow, of all the lines to cross, you had to cross that one.

I'll see you in hell my friend,
good day

Partner gunksgoer

May 23, 2005, 8:12 PM
Post #283 of 315 (38634 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I cant believe theres 19 pages of this drivel...

Why doesnt someone just start an rc.com circle-jerk forum?

cintune

May 23, 2005, 8:20 PM
Post #284 of 315 (38634 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey Micah, you're being mocked because you're self-righteous, and if you keep on being self-righteous, you'll keep on getting mocked. A lot of people agree with your stance on the original issue of this post, and a lot of people don't. Nothing much more you can do about that, but you could decide to stop being such an easy target. Lighten up or walk away, but you really can't win from the position you've gotten yourself into. Just some impartial advice. Live to fight another day, dude.

slablizard

May 23, 2005, 9:47 PM
Post #285 of 315 (38634 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

You must be sick.
Or a criminal.
Or both.

What and who made you think you have the right to even think about deciding who has the right to raise kids or not? WHO??

If Storm did what he did with his daughter BE VERY SURE that he knew what he was doing, that's his daughter there, do you think he cares about her or not? And her mom's was right beside her. You know what? That girl will be able to keep her head cool in a scary or dangerous situation, and that is a very good thing, despite the risk she ( MIGHT BE ) exposed climbing that 4th class ramp, that she probably did a zillion times roped.

"Raising children should not be a right, it should be a privilege" Sure, and who would decide whoi has this privilege? You?
Youwant to do something? GO down in the streets, in a crack house and start saving people that are really in danger, but noooo it's a lot easier to be another keyborad warrior! What a dickhead.

You know, you made me realize that one should be more careful sharing stories here, this place is a nest of dickheads well hidden bethween the good people, anmd in this nation the dickheads like you are far too much valued to be harmless.

Have a nice day.

I can't believe this.

"I've just referred Storm and Jinjee to the Child Protective Services office in their area. I hope they lose their children to the state."

Unreal. I hope I never meet you dude while I boulder at Diablo with my kids. And no we don't use a rope either.

In reply to:
I've just referred Storm and Jinjee to the Child Protective Services office in their area. I hope they lose their children to the state. It would certainly be the best thing for them. How can they even call themselves "parents" when they force their children to risk their lives in pursuit of their father's sport? Raising children should not be a right, it should be a privilege. I hope they lose that privilege.

pheenixx

May 23, 2005, 9:55 PM
Post #286 of 315 (38634 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I'll see you in hell my friend...

wow, I guess that proclaimes that you'll be there... 8^) :D

lidosis

May 23, 2005, 10:19 PM
Post #287 of 315 (38634 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I noticed the trees to immediatly and began durning by laptop sideways and stuff to see the right angles, how lame, yeah I used to climb around rock like that when I was young too.

Nothing wrong with that.

crimpandgo

May 23, 2005, 10:31 PM
Post #288 of 315 (38634 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
You must be sick.
Or a criminal.
Or both.

What and who made you think you have the right to even think about deciding who has the right to raise kids or not? WHO??

If Storm did what he did with his daughter BE VERY SURE that he knew what he was doing, that's his daughter there, do you think he cares about her or not? And her mom's was right beside her. You know what? That girl will be able to keep her head cool in a scary or dangerous situation, and that is a very good thing, despite the risk she ( MIGHT BE ) exposed climbing that 4th class ramp, that she probably did a zillion times roped.

"Raising children should not be a right, it should be a privilege" Sure, and who would decide whoi has this privilege? You?
Youwant to do something? GO down in the streets, in a crack house and start saving people that are really in danger, but noooo it's a lot easier to be another keyborad warrior! What a dickhead.

You know, you made me realize that one should be more careful sharing stories here, this place is a nest of dickheads well hidden bethween the good people, anmd in this nation the dickheads like you are far too much valued to be harmless.

Have a nice day.

I can't believe this.

"I've just referred Storm and Jinjee to the Child Protective Services office in their area. I hope they lose their children to the state."

Unreal. I hope I never meet you dude while I boulder at Diablo with my kids. And no we don't use a rope either.

In reply to:
I've just referred Storm and Jinjee to the Child Protective Services office in their area. I hope they lose their children to the state. It would certainly be the best thing for them. How can they even call themselves "parents" when they force their children to risk their lives in pursuit of their father's sport? Raising children should not be a right, it should be a privilege. I hope they lose that privilege.

Well now, hold on there... I am sure any interviews the CPS has with parents reveals a story that the parents "thought" they were helping the child. I truely doubt too many came to the interview saying "yeah, I know I was endangering them"..

chuffer

May 23, 2005, 10:44 PM
Post #289 of 315 (38634 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I just have to say that this is one of the most startling threads that I've ever read on RC.com. When read alongside of the thread about the "unsafe" guide in Red Rocks and a few others it's easy to see an emerging trend in this community. When did so many RC.commers become so self righteous? Why do so many members feel they have the right to pass judgement on those they've never met based on an internet posting and maybe a webpage or two?

Are people really so bored that they are no longer satisfied with the flame wars and pissing contests among themselves? When did it become acceptable to seek out entirely new targets outside of this website and bring them in for public execution? Seriously, this has gone way past name calling. Phoning CPS on complete strangers? You've never even laid eyes on these people! You certainly don't have any real firsthand knowledge of their lives or their situations. That poor girl could be the happiest person alive for all you know. Has this Micah dude even considered how traumatic this could be for those kids? Even if they didn't get yanked out of their homes and shoved unceremoniously into the foster system it would still be an unsettling experience. Don't you think someone closer to the family such as a teacher, doctor, neighbor etc would have already brought in CPS if there were any real problems?

It's obvious to me that Barney (as Dingus has so aptly named him) is very young (I'm guessing around 19 or 20) and definitely has no children of his own. If he did he would know that nothing in the world could be more important to a parent than the well being of their child. I can't imagine that anyone with kids would ever call CPS on someone without damned solid firsthand information that it was absolutely necessary. I can tell you that many people outside of the climbing community (including my sister-in-law) looking in believe it is madness for me to take my two children top roping. I've even had relatives sit me down intervention style and tell me that I had no business climbing myself with a family to consider. My point is that the view from the inside looking out is often very different than the view from the outside looking in.

All of this nonsense about getting some guide fired based on heresay or getting someones kids taken away based on an overblown trumped up website is disgusting. If Barney wants to have his flame war with Dingus then so be it. After all, Dingus came here to participate willingly. Storm, however, is just trying to live his life and didn't ask you for your opinion.

Jeremy

slablizard

May 23, 2005, 10:48 PM
Post #290 of 315 (38634 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I agree.
But bethween someone judging a situation out of a picture on a web site and a parent, I believe the parent, since I am a parent myself.

I am not saying we should all let our kids free solo, I am saying that if he and mom where both there I believe the situation was as safe as climbing can be. I regularly go to Diablo scrambling up rocks not that much easier than the ones in the picture, the kids love it, we just climb up and down together.
The kids are growing up thinking as the outdoor as a comon place to be, not a dangerous one.

If I tell this to some other families parents they look at me like a mad man, since they grew up considering the outdoor "dangerous" threfore they never let thir kids get dirty, not to mention climbing unroped. Of course their convcept of "sport" is to watch soccer on the tv.

I often see at Diablo too families and groups setting TR on stuff I regularly "free solo" with my kids ( 6 and 8 ). 3rd class ramps

Danger is subjective, I agree, but trying to ruin somene's life like that, is criminal. Especially if you don't have the facts right, and I doubt that guy has, since he wasn't there.

In reply to:

Well now, hold on there... I am sure any interviews the CPS has with parents reveals a story that the parents "thought" they were helping the child. I truely doubt too many came to the interview saying "yeah, I know I was endangering them"..

nomorec4

May 23, 2005, 10:55 PM
Post #291 of 315 (38634 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
wow, of all the lines to cross, you had to cross that one.

I'll see you in hell my friend,
good day

You my friend are the one who crossed the ultimate line, and now are the target of some of the funniest, most well deserved ridicule I have ever witnessed on the net. Sit back and enjoy it, because we sure the hell are.

Sean

graniteboy

May 23, 2005, 10:58 PM
Post #292 of 315 (38634 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

WOW!!!!
20 pages later, and you guys ae still going OFF on this thing....might as well do my part.....

Hey: BVB: Does your new buddy "Storm" know that your B.com personal page uses a picture Of the KLAN getting together to hold a "meeting" er....Lynching?????

I bet STORM would be glad as HELL to have YOU drop by for dinner to discuss the child safety thing if he knew what the hell you were about....I'm sure that whole KLAN thing would bring you two together as Brothers. What a true friend and champion of lame assed causes you are.

Ja, Mon. I am I .

crimpandgo

May 23, 2005, 11:04 PM
Post #293 of 315 (38634 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I agree.
But bethween someone judging a situation out of a picture on a web site and a parent, I believe the parent, since I am a parent myself.

I am not saying we should all let our kids free solo, I am saying that if he and mom where both there I believe the situation was as safe as climbing can be. I regularly go to Diablo scrambling up rocks not that much easier than the ones in the picture, the kids love it, we just climb up and down together.
The kids are growing up thinking as the outdoor as a comon place to be, not a dangerous one.

If I tell this to some other families parents they look at me like a mad man, since they grew up considering the outdoor "dangerous" threfore they never let thir kids get dirty, not to mention climbing unroped. Of course their convcept of "sport" is to watch soccer on the tv.

I often see at Diablo too families and groups setting TR on stuff I regularly "free solo" with my kids ( 6 and 8 ). 3rd class ramps

Danger is subjective, I agree, but trying to ruin somene's life like that, is criminal. Especially if you don't have the facts right, and I doubt that guy has, since he wasn't there.

In reply to:

Slab,

Nor worries. I agree with your thinking. I just think its ironic with how many deranged people there are out there that actually think they are doing "right" by their kids. Some are products of an abusive upbringing, some are just a little deranged and learned it all on thier own. Some believe they have been contacted by a higher being and are doing what they were told.

I believe this fact is what makes this subject so heated (or at least part of it). You can't assume the parent is actually doing what is best because you are seeing it through your own subjective viewpoint. What one person thinks is acceptable may in fact not be acceptable to a society as a whole. That is why there needs to uniform guidelines to judge each situation against. These uniform guidelines are only as good as the caseworkers that are employed to "judge" the families against.

and thus lies the real problem. You can make uniform guidelines, but it always comes down to a subjective caseworkers subjective judgement what becomes of the situation. if the case is clear cut there usually isn't muchy problem. If the case is not clearcut, the results could depend on subjective evaluations.

I am rambling so I will stop now :)

bvb

May 23, 2005, 11:25 PM
Post #294 of 315 (38634 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
WOW!!!!
20 pages later, and you guys ae still going OFF on this thing....might as well do my part.....

Hey: BVB: Does your new buddy "Storm" know that your B.com personal page uses a picture Of the KLAN getting together to hold a "meeting" er....Lynching?????

I bet STORM would be glad as HELL to have YOU drop by for dinner to discuss the child safety thing if he knew what the hell you were about....I'm sure that whole KLAN thing would bring you two together as Brothers. What a true friend and champion of lame assed causes you are.

Ja, Mon. I am I .

pffffft. more toolage from the granitecock.

fyi, dipshit, it's commom for b.commers to hack into others' accounts and change all the settings. that photo is a leftover from my last hack attack, like, a year ago. never noticed it before.

but now that you point it out....i find it ever so fascinating that you should bring up the issue of "lynching" so vehemently, given your position on the issue this thread has been exploring. freudian slip on your part, eh?

granite boy and micahmcguire...twins, seperated at birth? or just a couple of fucking tools?

one of us...one of us...one of us...one of us...one of us...one of us...one of us...

graniteboy

May 24, 2005, 12:14 AM
Post #295 of 315 (38634 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey.....No problem.
Just figgered your new playmate Storm would wanna check in on your webpage to see what a pally pal you really are. .....
Are you spending so much time drunk off your ass on cheap Vodka at the NPS office that you haven't checked your B.com personal page to see the lynching pics? I'm sure your new girlfriend Storm will appreciate them.
I'll send him the link, pronto.

Lil Bobby Van, his cheap Alcohol "habit", and his Lynch Mob Pics...... Wooohooooo!!!!!!

chuffer

May 24, 2005, 12:21 AM
Post #296 of 315 (38634 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I'm sure your new girlfriend Storm will appreciate them.

I'd say you're not one to call names in the discrimination department. You're obviously a homophobe.

Jeremy

cintune

May 24, 2005, 12:55 AM
Post #297 of 315 (38634 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
granite boy and micahmcguire...twins, seperated at birth? or just a couple of fucking tools?

I can't find the little boxes we're supposed to click on to vote.

bvb

May 24, 2005, 1:06 AM
Post #298 of 315 (38634 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Hey.....No problem.
Just figgered your new playmate Storm would wanna check in on your webpage to see what a pally pal you really are. .....
Are you spending so much time drunk off your ass on cheap Vodka at the NPS office that you haven't checked your B.com personal page to see the lynching pics? I'm sure your new girlfriend Storm will appreciate them.

Lil Bobby Van, his cheap Alcohol "habit", and his Lynch Mob Pics...... Wooohooooo!!!!!!

one of us...one of us...one of us....one of us...one of us....one of us...

still a tool, granitejoy. you go, girl.

bvb

May 24, 2005, 6:55 AM
Post #299 of 315 (38634 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Hey.....No problem.
Are you spending so much time drunk off your ass on cheap Vodka at the NPS office

apparently, not half a much time as you spend spinning lies in your little cube at the fourth-tier uni in reno, beooootch.

your profile: Climbing: abt 30 years worth, mostly trad, free soloing, and alpine climbing. I climb; Walls (big and small) to alaskan monsters to bouldering to trees. I like other climbers who are not egocentric, and who know when to shut the hell up and listen to the voice of experience. I'm a biologist for money and for love. I climb things from 5.2 to about 12b/c. and ice up to WI 5-6. And trees up to abt sequoia 6. And alaska climbing to about PDS (pretty damned scary; alaska grades mean nothing, it's all abt the weather). But I only solo 10d, so I'm not a REAL hardman.

ok, here's the weird thing. you and i, if your profile is even remotely correct, are contemporaries. but i've never even fucking heard of you, rosamond. nor has anybody i know, and my circle of friends is considerable. big ice guy, eh? none of my lee vining or june lake or canadian ice buddies has heard of you. saw yabo solo ebgb's, eh? i bouldered with john a bunch, and lived in josh during that whole time....don't think i ever met you. big wall rat, eh? hmmm...survey says: "never heard of 'em." next: checked in with the olympia and seattle alaska crowd: nyet.

so, my question, chris, is this: are you a tool? or just a fucking liar? serve up the cred, 'cause you're bigtime, homestyle. i'm dying to hear it.

lame tool reply in 10...9...8....7...6....

graniteboy

May 24, 2005, 10:15 PM
Post #300 of 315 (38670 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

No...HERE's the deal.
Yes, I've been climbing as long as my profile states, and yes, it's correct.
You and I are from the same chronological cohort. Funny how two people can grow up in the same climbing community...one grows up and does something with his life, while the other continues to clean toilets for NPS till retirement sets in.

No, I did not "See" Yabo solo EBGBs. I just was pretty damned sure he had done so. More than once. I didn't spend alot of time around Yabo after I got to know him a little......he was screwed up in the head, and I tend to avoid those folks after I see their crazy assed behaviour. They get people killed. Like that night screamer on triple direct. If I remember right it was that colorado guy called Rob with him. But yabo WAS a force. No denying it. I bet we agree on that. that's the only thing.

And Yes, You spend alot more time doing self promotion and hanging out with the "Clique" than I do. Maybe that's why you don't know me.

I think it's Delerium Tremens-olicious that you seem to think that you'd know everyone my age who climbs at my level, which I consider to be pretty much "advanced intermediate" by todays standards....maybe you think WI5 or moderate 12s are some sort of big deal?? WOOOHOOOOO!!! too funny....my side is hurting...gotta go.

So, Bob.....Have a drink on me. Then another....then another...then another. You know the drill. You're an expert. Don't mind the liver spots.

And if you get around to confronting your "perpetrator" from those ugly childhood experiences....you'll feel alot better about yourself. It wasn't your fault...he held you down and gave you candy.

First page Previous page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : Injury Treatment and Prevention

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook