Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

hasbeen

Aug 12, 2005, 2:03 AM
Post #26 of 27 (3303 views)
Shortcut

Re: Antarctic Mountain never climbed Early 2006 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

In reply to:
This is more of a place to go if you want to ask what sort of rope color is safest, or which belay device is the best for getting laid.

fantastic!

george969

Aug 12, 2005, 2:21 AM
Post #27 of 27 (3303 views)
Shortcut

Re: Antarctic Mountain never climbed Early 2006 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Yes... there are some that "spoil" these boards for the serious. We have those on the ham radio boards also. They still frustrate me...........

I thought that I gave the website for the Peter One expedition. If not its http://www.peterone.com. You can see the scope of the trip, some of the sponsors, and a short bio of the players.

Look at the prior expedition pages for pictures of the mountain.

Yes, $45,000.00 from 3 climbers would go to the expedition... but in return you get to one of the most remote places on earth that few have ever seen and few will ever see. The cost is irrelevant to the experience and opportunity. It was a sincere offer to sincere experienced climbers. These things cost money even with sponsors. The expedition is a registered business and the members are share holders and any money left at the end will be returned.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the Georgia guy "tradalltheway"-----, I have many pictures from the 60's climbing the "Tallulah Gorge" in the rain and one at night in the rain (saw your post). The Gorge was a place we took the beginners to teach rope work and rescue skills. I was with the first team in the deepest free fall pit in the US and Mexico 1968, was the second in Ga to use a rack in 1965, was one of the first in the SE to use Gibbs Cam (Gibbs Ascender today). I am past my climbing days due to bypasses or I would be doing this climb myself. You may have credentials but so do all of us.

We are all experienced "adventurers" as are you. It's not about talking credentials.... it about those that do and those that don't ... those that survive to a ripe old age to keep doing it because they know what they are doing............those that have experience and knowledge that few will ever attain sitting at home talking a good story.....

I live in Atlanta...if you are in the area of Ga we should have lunch one day...we both may be surprised!!!

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Alpine & Ice

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook